[REL] PA Stats (Decommissioned)

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, August 15, 2013.

1. Schulti

Schulti Active Member

Hey cola_colin,
    when i install Pa-stats, will the mod save only all game played since then, or can it download some basic information from all games i played so far from the uber server? It would be cool to have some numbers for me, for example how many games i played or how long i played the game, ect.
    Thx!
  2. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

it only records games while being installed. Information about older games is lost.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

this
    It only collects data from your Ingame-UI while playing. It does not ask the Uber server directly for any data.
  4. Schulti

Schulti Active Member

Ok, thank you for your reply!
  5. cola_colin

minor update released, if somebody spots bugs please tell me.

This also changes the winners webservice, read the changelog on the page for details
  6. cola_colin

I am still seeing a bug that sometimes occures where somehow the mod reports a wrong team id. This results in reports being not accepted. I have no idea how it can happen though, as I am completely unable to reproduce it.
    Something has to happen while in lobby that makes the mod record a wrong team id for the reporter.

So if anyone has a game of his not showing up on the stats page and can remember _anything_ unusual about the lobby before please tell me. I am completely out of ideas why the mod would do what it seems to do in those cases.
  7. FXelix

FXelix Active Member

Bug? When i play sometimes a 1v1 i cannot see the stats of my opponent, but this is not very common...
  8. cola_colin

Does your opponent have the mod? ;)
    The bug I am looking for results in stats of a player not being reported at all even though he has the mod. To my knowledge it only has happened in games with more than 2 players so far, but I may be wrong.
  9. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

Very nice, but what would keep people from using it to cheat?

Oh look, so and so has built nukes, I should kill him or get anti nuke up and I didn't even need to scout him.
  10. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

There is an option for making the stats visible only after the game is finished.
  11. cola_colin

12. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

lokiCML and cola_colin like this.
  13. cola_colin

Yeah that html was a quick shot. Might improve in the future, I'll add a task about it.
  14. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Is it possible to separate out the alert part into a separate mod (ie. a successor to the alerts filter mod)?
    This way of doing the alerts allows for greater flexibility, and can be used as a base for other mods.

For example, this post:
    It would be easy to create a mod framework that does this and allows mods to receive these notifications (separate from the UI notifications), but it requires all notifications to be turned on, in the way your mod does it.
  15. cola_colin

Yes it should be easy to separate the filtering code from the other parts of PA Stats.
    The biggest headache it would make me is that I do no want any frameworks as dependency for PA Stats since it would reduce the advantages I have by serving it from a remote server. So the framework would have to be included per default into PA Stats, so PA Stats can use it. The framework could detect if it was already loaded, to prevent it from loading twice.
    Github is down right now, but I think the commit I made maybe 2 hours ago to the PA Stats UI-Mod points out nearly everything the framework would need as a basis.

EDIT:
    https://github.com/pamods/uimod-pa_stats/commit/10246be01d9dd2db2600022e9ac7f21475982c0e
    Last edited: January 8, 2014
  16. elitedanzel

elitedanzel Active Member

Since the event filtering is now in here, this is something I think would be cool:

I need to know where any of my units die in the first few minutes. When I send out my random scouting dox and scout planes I sometimes miss them getting killed, and this is a big knowledge loss.
    So maybe: Alert of all deaths within the first X (2-4?) minutes. <3
  17. cola_colin

I would rather implement my other suggestion.
    However I think there indeed is no way to get the unit id of a selected unit currently :/
    Also I should somehow get this function out of PA Stats directly, as it is kinda not what you what expect from a stats gathering mod.

EDIT:
    Actually I think I just found the unit ID I need. So if this is true I can implement that suggestions probably around tomorrow evening.
  18. cola_colin

Implemented my suggestion :)
  19. itsmeandy

itsmeandy New Member

Ok so I just found my stats on the page and its calculated accumulated metal in a game where I set my eco higher than the game could understand and it got evaluated to negative. Now my stats are weird. There should be a way to remove some of the games i've played from stats, or at least remove the ones with only me and AI in it.
  20. cola_colin

You can do that by telling me the Game ID. I will delete the game for you. And after that never again send data from unlimited resource games to PA Stats. It's a stupid feature of PA :p