[REL] League Of Commanders

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cptconundrum, November 22, 2014.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

All mod managers currently in existence use only version number to update mods, not date.
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

That's useful to know! :oops:

I guess I might be remembering something from way back in the old PAMM because that one seemed to use date. Well anyway, just hop in your time machine and start playing! :rolleyes:
  3. cptconundrum

Updated to v1.0.0
    This is the official release, but it doesn't mean the mod is finished!

The mod is now in a condition that I think is good for serious competitive team play. This release updates the lobby UI to show all commanders even if you don't own them, but the images are given a new "disabled" appearance if a commander can't be chosen.

Version 1.0 also comes with a new commander, the OtterFamily. Named after the newest member of eXodus, the OtterFamily is an oversized sheller. It has an artillery weapon that normally fires slowly but can store up ammunition for a rapid-fire volley of up to 10 shots. OtterFamily’s cannon is inaccurate but can do severe damage to large armies in the mid to late game.

Now is also the perfect time to announce the new League of Commanders article on the exodus website. This article will be updated every time balance is changed.
    xankar and proeleert like this.
  4. cptconundrum

Updated to v1.0.1
    As is my style, I managed to push the last update with a Marshall that crashed the game as soon as the commanders landed. I guess that last-minute radar change I made wasn't so smart. :oops:

It is fixed now.
    xankar likes this.
  5. cptconundrum

Updated to v1.0.2

Some small fixes to make it compatible with the newest version of PA. The Sambasti can now also be unlocked by the Ajax commander skin.

Now with 100% more Unit Cannon
    squishypon3 and xankar like this.
  6. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

DID YOU FIX YOUR IMMATURE NAMES?!?!11!?!1
    stuart98, xankar and cptconundrum like this.
  7. cptconundrum

You made me laugh. I will consider adding a Pon3 Laser to the game in the future.
  8. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

There's actually an artist fan going by the name of LaserPon3 who does laser light shows. =3
    stuart98 and xankar like this.
  9. stuart98

Delta, Xinthar, Gnugfur, Potbelly79, Tokamaktech, and Banditks are currently not used by this mod. Is a Pizzalover3000 commander that makes use of some of these in the works?
  10. cptconundrum

Not until after the tournament. I couldn't get it working the way I wanted and now I think it is a bad idea to start making big changes in the lead-up to a tournament. I did forget to add two of those to existing commanders, though. In the last update I meant to use two of those to make it more likely that someone can use the LoC commanders. I have it written down somewhere so I will let you know when I figure out which ones I'm planning to use.
    Quitch likes this.
  11. stuart98

Going to be buying a bunch of coms in a few minutes ago if you could tell me who Banditks is going to be for soon that'd be great.

*Hopes that it's BSport.*
  12. cptconundrum

Tokamaktech, and Banditks are the two that were still unused since it looks like I have Xinthar, Gnufor, Delta, and Potbelly79 reserved for the Pizzalover. I don't have anything written down for these two so sure, I'll add banditks to the Bsport.
  13. stuart98

After purchasing Banditks, Diremachine, and Stickman9000 I should now be able to use all commanders in the mod after the next update of it, with the exception of Sambasti, on which I am waiting for Uber to enable Ajax on the accounts that should have it.
  14. cptconundrum

Cool! I tried to spread out the skins to make it more likely that people have some unlocked already. I also split up the Digital Deluxe pack to make sure that unlocks three of them. That's on sale for $5 right now for anyone that wants a quick way to unlock three commanders.
  15. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Please add a giant Boom Bot commander a la Boom Bot Wars to this, I want to poop baby Booms out of my commander. Feel free to use anything from Boot Bot Wars in this by the way - the (commander) shotgun and flamethrower might be nice for you to play around with.
    proeleert likes this.
  16. cptconundrum

I'm trying to avoid major changes leading up to the tournament, but yes a boom bot or swarm commander is one of the possibilities. I also think the Quitch's secondary weapon is useless and would be much better as your flamethrower.
    burntcustard likes this.
  17. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

I still think we need a @cola_colin that shoots cookies !
    xankar likes this.
  18. trialq

trialq Post Master General

This looks really polished, I don't know how I've missed it for so long. Is there a recent gameplay video that shows everything in action?
  19. cptconundrum

Not that I know of, but there is a tournament planned for January 10. As long as we can get at least 4 full teams it will happen, but so far signups seem slow.
  20. trialq

trialq Post Master General

I only happened on this after idly browsing the exodus site. Let all the main clans know, write a post on steam and bump the general discussion topic and we should be good.
    cptconundrum likes this.