[REL] KO Deferred or: lightspeed UI ahead

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, March 27, 2014.

1. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

This mod doesn't do anything anymore, because it shadow KO 2.2.1 but Uber now use KO 3.1.0. I'm going to remove it from the list.
    Quitch likes this.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I havent played in ages, does the specific kind of lag in relation to unit selections still exist? If yes,, it might be worth it to check if this can be added again correctly.
  3. coderedd473

coderedd473 New Member

How the hell do i install this?
  4. cola_colin

It doesn't work right now and I am not sure if it still is required/helpful. So you can't, unless somebody looks into this.
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Actually, it's been built-in since 68253
    cola_colin likes this.
  6. cola_colin

uh lol, I didn't notice. But yeah, that's cool. Interesting, I wonder if it is enabled for all scenes even.

EDIT:
    I can see the library file, but I can't see any hint that it actually me be included anywhere and the deferredUpdates value is not available in the debugger as well.
    Last edited: September 16, 2014
  7. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Indeed, perhaps it was an accidental checkin.
  8. cola_colin

@masterdigital
    Did you maybe forget about this/decided the scene split helps enough?
  9. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

I have not forgotten about it, however I have been too busy to verify that this doesn't break anything. I did include the file so I could be used. The best way to use it would be to add the include to boot.json, right after the other references to knockout.
    cola_colin, proeleert and wondible like this.
  10. cola_colin

I think it should only be loaded in the live_game scene. Maybe even only in the buildbar part of it, as that is the scene that profits most.

Basically any scene that doesn't completely rely on Knockout will get issues. Patterns like:

setKnockoutObservableHere("bla");
    $('#bla') // select the element based on the value just set via knockout

break because the value won't be directly pushed into the dom by knockout anymore and the jquery call will get the old value. The chat had a few such cases, my mod contained a fix for that. The lobby had more, I disabled the lib for any scene but live_game.
  11. coderedd473

coderedd473 New Member

im just so desperate, its so bad for me!
  12. cola_colin

How is it bad exactly? This mod mostly fixes issues that happen when you select huge amounts of different engineers.
  13. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

Not sure if this mod still does anything, but with build 73823 (and maybe a few before it) it breaks Team Chat. It doesn't matter what you select as your Team Chat hotkey, when this mod is enabled, you can only chat to All. Kind of frustrating when you can't chat to your allies. I just confirmed this after testing about 60 other UI mods for the issue.
  14. cola_colin

the mod does not do anything. It could with fixing work, but my day only has 24h :(
  15. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

No problem. I have the same issues with time (full time job, 2 businesses, and a family of 4), or I would code up a few mods myself. :( I'm living for the day when there will only be gaming left to worry about! ;)

Thanks for the reply!