[REL] Galactic War Loadouts

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by trialq, May 28, 2014.

1. locomotor1979

locomotor1979 New Member

whell i do use steam by the whay

ok i downed the uber launcher setup and installd it at the steam folder where the game trough steam has installed it and now checking the files whit the launcher
    he did down some files but oddly enough i still canot start a new campaign war
    and at the moment the mod aint installed

and now all the mod's deleted and it works now i am gonna check who's mod whas doing it whill hear from me later

and its not your mod that did

ok i foubd the problem what whas making it
    its your other mod which changes the stuff you geet when playing the campaign maps is also a mod from you

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-galactic-war-deck.60167/
    is your other mod that does it
    Last edited: June 21, 2014
  2. trialq

trialq Post Master General

You can use the uber launcher even if normally you use steam. I don't know what files steam checks, the game files or the download files, which is why I suggested you try the uber launcher to be sure.

If you are certain that the mod is not enabled, you've deleted the local settings, and the game files are valid, then I don't know where else the problem could be.
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I thought steam and standalone now both use "username/local/uber entertainment/planetary annihilation/mods"?

That should be where you add or remove the mod from. Also, that is by default where PAMM edits.
  4. trialq

The local storage is different to the mods, it's where all the local settings like keybinds, planets you've created, probably galactic war saves etc are kept. If the mod is disabled and the game files are good, then it's the only place I can think of where an issue as described can persist. It may be possible, but seems unlikely, that existing wars (or something) didn't like the new loadouts, and saved some buggy data as a result.

BTW, are you using the deck mod loco? Disable it if you are. Also, to be sure, go to where thetrophysystem suggests and delete the directories tGWLoadout and tGWDeck if they exist.
  5. locomotor1979

locomotor1979 New Member

6. locomotor1979

locomotor1979 New Member

by the whay those buffed com's why do they start whit out slots

and i checked the other 3 the boffed up com's that have the 3starting slots
    but the boffed air doesnt have it can you update that plz

for better info i started the other 3 whit the same GAlaxy size setting and diff setting
    as the iar comm
    so this is odd is there a why that i can change that myself or not
    you sayd something abt HTML spreadsheets that can be opened whit NotePad or Kladblok
    and for which file do i need 2 look for it where it is placed
    Last edited: June 21, 2014
  7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

no slots sometimes happens. I streamed "absurd attempt 1", noted in that stream didn't have any slots. Lost first match. Made attempt number 2. Noted that started with 3, so apparently, attempt number 1 was a fail.
  8. evolvedsungod

evolvedsungod New Member

Is there no download link? I can't find a download link for any mods I've looked at so far... and PAMM shows a blank list for available mods...
  9. trialq

10. dcyuri7

dcyuri7 New Member

I'm also having the black screen problem that loco had, when clicking on SinglePlayer (defaults to NewWar tab, which is invisible). Here's what this looks like:

[​IMG]

And after clicking the "SinglePlayer" button....
    [​IMG]
    I've completely deleted the localstore folder and all of it's contents. As seen in screenshot, I have disabled ALL mods except for yours. This same glitch happens with both of the mods (either or both selected):
    • Galactic War Deck
    • Galactic War Loadouts
    I've checked the log file and there is no error or warning or anything. As can been seen, I am unable to access any GUI options that are normally there, and the buttons for Go to War, or even the back button at the very top, do not function. I have to Alt+F4 out of the game.
    So if you have any suggestions, I would definitely like to use your mods! :p
  11. dcyuri7

dcyuri7 New Member

nevermind I figured it out using the Coherent Debugger. Was wondering why console.log() was present in the mods, and figured that part out lol.

So basically, this mod needs an update. The mod is based off an old template, which doesn't have the new object-member-methods:
    • dealCard
    • allCards
    Which causes it to crash the entire ui. Ok here is the working version of gw_dealer for tGWDeck.
    Same thing has to be done for tGWLoadout. Am unsure if the integrity of the cards is still valid - as I don't know what cards were changed by Uber. But atleast the game can be played with the mod installed now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: August 23, 2014
  12. Oneinexile

Oneinexile New Member

Even with the "fix" it is still not working mate.
  13. trialq

I know it needs fixing, but haven't got time right now. I might be able to fix it tuesday, I don't know.
    saron488 likes this.
  14. trialq

Updated for v71459, hopefully this will remain working for v1.0 and beyond. I don't know if old galactic war saves will work, they should/might.
  15. rayzone12

rayzone12 New Member

THANK YOU... so much for updating this mod or mods for GW.. dont know if you remember but i ask you and you say maybe if you have time... THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE VERY VERY MUCH.:);):cool:
  16. trialq

Yes I remember, sorry it took so long to fix. Today is fix all my stuff before v1.0 day :D
  17. rayzone12

rayzone12 New Member

YES u do wonderful work and thanks for all the updates because i know i not the only out there ... waiting for this day... wow they really going to do the release of Ver 1.0 ... i hope they get that server thingy right...
  18. trialq

If anyone has good ideas for new loadouts I'm open to suggestions. The master of decks suggestion by totalannihilation sounds like a good one, sorry but I don't think I saw it at the time :S

If we can gather some more good loadout ideas I'll add them all at once in a big update.
  19. TopAce6

TopAce6 New Member

Could you do this one please?

"I'm working (failing) on making a "1 man army" Commander (cross between artillery and bacon) that can build any building but no units other then Orbital (obviously dont need unit factories). I want him to have the build power of 10 T2 Fabbers with a 50-75% cost reduction on all structures, all while having the personal buffs of the current bacon.
    I believe to make this interesting that he should be unable to get any data slots at all.

I don't know JavaScript, and while i can copy and paste quite well, I've repeatedly failed so far. its been 2 days, so i definitely need outside help.

If someone can just get the card formatted properly, as in what he can and cant build and his buffs, i can play with the numbers (personal buffs , including build power, metal energy generation and storage, cost reduction) to get a interesting balance."

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/req-help-with-editing-commander.64590/
  20. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

Instead of loadouts and cards and separate mods eventually there needs to be a character creator and some kind of internal balance economy to the character creation and experience system.

RPGs have handled this in a thousand different ways for decades now.

Warlords battelcry three has a lot to teach us in this regard.

I imagine a kind of blank slot and a given amount of points to spend and you assemble your commander from parts, and earn points via the beginning and end of match values. Units lost, speed, how pitched the battle was etc etc.

Like that way you could trade in ever being able to make navy for buffed air power, or you could trade being able to move for build speed.

Basically this game could really use a rudimentary rpg character creation system for the commander and it needs to be as modular as possible so that future moders can just drop in parts, the way this mod is dropping in loadouts, and presumably other mods drop in cards.

A quick and dirty could be the ability to build your loadout from existing cards. Like a "pick a card" load out, basically default commander plus any X (2? 3?) cards.

/ramble

Sorry, I just get excited about the possibilities.

Edit: I made a crappy mockup with paint.net :p I don't have the required font so I picked a robot looking one.

[​IMG]

I'd fix the grammar but I'm too lazy, and paint.net makes that really hard.
    Last edited: December 13, 2014
    Mooninaut likes this.