[REL] Galactic Annihilation Titans

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by stuart98, September 23, 2015.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Quitch, this isn't a legion thread.
    Quitch likes this.
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Oops, sorry, that'll teach me to only skim read when putting URLs into Chrome.
    stuart98, Nicb1 and gmase like this.
  3. stuart98

Updated to v2.26, which brings updating of this mod to a permanent halt. Work is now in full swing on its successor, which will package Legion with it and bring the game closer to TA than ever before.

2.26: Now uses Companion mod system. This is a new patch feature and it means that the client mod, while not being uploaded to server, will be downloaded from community mods by anyone joining the lobby. This has allowed me to greatly reduce server mod size and consequently upload time when starting a game. Updates to server mod systems in 94684 also mean that people will now have strategic icons and @dom314's shaders automatically enabled, reducing the barrier to entry even further. In other words, I'd recommend you to host all of the games with this mod, but Legion's out now and open to all so you might as well host games with it instead.

Also, due to the likelihood of people who don't know how mods work accidentally enabling both Legion and GA at the same time and breaking stuff, I've made GA completely override Legion when active. While I'd personally prefer to do the opposite, the nature of GA means that there was no clean way to revert the MLA faction to vanilla when Legion was enabled. Also, hotbuild support now requires setting of settings while in-game like other server mods to save size; I could look into a json and build bar only side-mod that would allow hotbuild configuration out of the game.
  4. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

As PO replaces GA I took the liberty of disabling this mod....

;)
    Heizmeister likes this.
  5. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

Have a taste of your own medicine. :cool:
    proeleert likes this.
  6. stuart98

Disabled as I can confidently say that PO is a much better mod than GA ever was at this point.