[REL] Galactic Annihilation Titans

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by stuart98, September 23, 2015.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I've looked into this in the past without success; I couldn't even get a local PA-DB to show up. The PA-DB github repo is public as is the repo of this mod, so someone who knows what they're doing should be able to host one. In the mean time, you can browse the raw .jsons in the github repo (see my signature).
    huangth likes this.
  2. joshsparrow96

joshsparrow96 New Member

Can you explain me with the new difficult "Galactic Annihilation"?
  3. stuart98

It's a modified absurd.
  4. theawesomedog86

theawesomedog86 New Member

STUART!!! ITS LITERALLY STUCK ON!!! Mod and "resource pack" are "stuck" on when i play with the mod off it is stuck with like "Galata turret", "Single Laser Defense Turret"
  5. stuart98

What other mods do you have installed?

"Resource Pack"?
  6. easybox

easybox Member

The AI is unable to NOT build useless Jigs. It fails to buid everything after the first Jig is completed.

Very cool mod. The AI is good. TA Annihilator tower, deep space radar, weapons specializations (laser, gun, rockets). Thanks for great mod.
    stuart98 likes this.
  7. stuart98

Durr, AI is bankrupting itself. I'll get it fixed.
  8. theawesomedog86

theawesomedog86 New Member

never mind stuart i just uninstalled and reinstalled, that fixed it. The icons were stuck so i saw galata turret and the names.
  9. joshsparrow96

joshsparrow96 New Member

Does the A.I able to build all the Titan units? I hope yes :)
  10. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

For a good start, you could just make the AI not like to build jigs. To fix it more advanced, you could make them prefer to build them 1 per large ratio of power-producing units. (can you put "structures" into "squads"?)
  11. ledarsi

ledarsi Post Master General

I think we have our first real mega mod for PA. It's a humble mega mod compared to the TA ones, but it appeared a lot faster than the 10 year mega mods for TA did.

Stuart98 have you considered giving firing_standard_deviation inaccuracy to combat units like the Dox, and cranking up their rate of fire? I have significantly tested this change, and it produces combat that is a lot more dynamic than firing with such high accuracy, especially when two groups fight.

The main effect here is that many of a unit's shots will completely miss their intended target, but if there are other enemies nearby it might still hit something.

Note also that this causes a smooth damage curve that depends on distance to the target. A Dox with a high rate of fire (e.g. rate_of_fire 12.0, also reduce damage to between 2-4 per shot) and high inaccuracy (e.g. firing_standard_deviation 3.0) will be more accurate as the target gets closer, and therefore will have higher DPS against the same size target at shorter ranges. It will also deal more damage to physically bigger targets because more of its shots will hit.

Large firing_standard_deviation values work even better with indirect fire weapons which deal splash. Shell-based artillery can be cheap, with huge range and splash damage, balanced by being inaccurate as hell. It looks very visually impressive, but more importantly it gives players a strong motivation to split their forces up, and not deploy a single group that is so large that inaccurate artillery will be highly effective.

Inaccurate artillery is also quite weak against heavily armored units since it would have to hit them so many times to kill them. Which creates a need for high-damage, accurate single-target weapons, for which we already have guided missiles that are easily modified to fill that need.
    Last edited: December 22, 2015
    stuart98 likes this.
  12. stuart98

I have put inaccuracy on many ballistic cannons such as ants and Thumpers, and will continue to consider and apply inaccuracy values as it makes sense.
  13. ledarsi

ledarsi Post Master General

If you don't mind stuart I'm going to make a proof of concept mod based on Galactic Annihilation to show what I have said all along about radar targeting being bad for gameplay, making ground combat units less accurate which should make ground battles take longer without reducing lethality, and radically changing aircraft so they act as air support for ground units rather than an independent attack force.

I already made this mod based on vanilla, but your mod has additional unit assets I would like to use.
    stuart98 likes this.
  14. stuart98

By all means, go ahead.
  15. stuart98

v2.21
    Long overdue minor update. I'll have some larger things in the coming days.

Solar Array now has 30000 energy storage.

"Jig" Gas Mining Platform
    Cost - 2000 -> 7000
    No longer consumes 20000 energy.
    Metal production - 5 -> 10

AI will now build solar arrays instead of jigs when it wants energy.

"Smasher" Light Artillery Bot
    Cost - 180 -> 200
    Max HP - 180 -> 210
    Speed - 10 -> 9
    Damage per Shot - 25 -> 30
    Splash Radius - 4 -> 5
    Max splash radius - 2 -> 3
    Rate of Fire - 0.5 -> 0.35

"Stomper" Rocket Bot
    Cost - 180 -> 200
    Max HP - 180 -> 200
    Speed - 10 -> 8
    Rate of Fire - 0.25 -> 0.2
    n3ur0o likes this.
  16. stuart98

v2.22 -

Added two new units:
    "Apocalypse Apparatus" - Model by @nicb1 and textures by @zx0. Originally created for the Legion Mod, but they were kind enough to let me use it now that it's been scrapped in their mod. Thank you! Includes 3 turrets.
    The top one is a faster firing but lower ranged version of the Shatterer's heavy railgun.
    The middle one is a slightly improved LLT laser that does a pinch more damage, fires faster, and has slightly more range.
    The bottom one is an improved version of the Rapier's laser cannons, doing more damage with slightly more range and not using energy at the expense of only firing one projectile at a time.

"Architect" Fabrication Tower - Model by @robintick. Automatically assists nearby construction and repairs units. A little buggy if you tell it to assist something in particular unfortunately due to how the auto-repair works. If demand says so I could change auto-repair to off to remove the bugs in exchange for not auto-assisting.

Fixed a bug in an AI file that probably broke stuff.

Added a (WIP) credits file to the server mod folder.

As a note, I've begun re-using the ModDB page (or will have shortly after this is posted). I'm also in the process of updating the steam guide with unit images.
    Last edited: January 2, 2016
    Nicb1 likes this.
  17. Ksgrip

Ksgrip Active Member

S
    Stuart, would you consider re-adding the old modx experimentals and the awesome tank you got in as some maybe alternate titans that are cheaper and fill in diferent roles? Maybe the mega tank being a really good antibot long range unit? Or the (tank? Dont remember the name..) to be some planetary siege mobile weapon?
  18. stuart98

I am planning on doing this eventually.
  19. stuart98

v2.221

Fixed a bug in the amphibious fabricator where it was breaking some other mods. It should all be good now.
    Fixed a bug where the Narwhal flak frigate was using the wrong icon.
    Added @Mirolog's Bigger Explosions mod.

Balance:
    T1 Boat Fabber - Cost decreased from 600 to 550
    Architect Nanolathe Tower - Cost decreased from 450 to 325.
  20. stuart98

v2.222
    A few changes made post this game: http://pastats.com/chart?gameId=397872

Updated icon for Apocalypse Apparatus.
    Commander now has a 300 radius orbital radar.
    Fixed amphibious fabricator being unable to build certain structures.
    Apocalypse Apparatus can now be built by the Stitch.
    Pelter Range - 280 -> 260
    Protector light anti-orbital bot moved to T1.
    SXX-1304 damage reduced from 80 to 60.
    tommybananas likes this.