[REL] Floating Framework v1.2.1 [58197]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Raevn, December 9, 2013.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

It works everywhere except live_game. :)
    For live_game you need to mess with panels, I think. At least, that's what I'm trying. wondible had some success with creating panels, I think. See this thread.
  2. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Well thanks for working on it. Would we be able to get "close enough" by just having it work in the center or main panel?
  3. DeathByDenim

Maybe. I haven't gotten it to work yet. :)
    The player/planet list, the build bar and all that stuff are panels, so theoretically, you could place new panels anywhere on the screen as a sort of floating frame. They might not be draggable though. Unless you mean attaching a floating frame as they are now to the centre panel. I'm not sure that's possible. It needs serious tinkering in any case.
  4. LavaSnake

I was thinking about the second option but it's just a guess.
  5. LavaSnake

Is there any hope for this framework being updated? I really need it for a number of my mods.

Thanks!
  6. DeathByDenim

Sorry, I got distracted by another project before I could figure this out. And I'm sure raevn is knee-deep in his pahub project, so updating this might take a while. I think the answer must lie in the panels though and I'll get back to it when I'm done with the other project, since I also need this for my mods. Unless raevn or you beat me to it of course. :)
  7. LavaSnake

ok, thanks for the update! I may take a look at it if I get desperate or just turn off the floating panel features until this gets fixed.
  8. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

More than knee-deep, my head is only just poking out. :p
    Seriously though, it's pretty much consuming every second of my free time at the moment.
    proeleert, Fr33Lancer and LavaSnake like this.
  9. DeathByDenim

As it should. ;)
    Raevn and proeleert like this.
  10. vande0

vande0 New Member

I really dont understand how to use the mod i just want to move the resouce bar o hidde with a botton can you help me?
  11. wondible

wondible Post Master General

This was a framework for other mods, I don't believe it touched the base game features. It's currently obsolete due to changes in the way the game works.

Perhaps if you posted a clearer explanation of what you want and why in the mod discussions section with a [REQ], someone will be inspired to help you.
  12. LavaSnake

So I had a block of time yesterday and decided to use it to try to fix up this mod. I'm not done yet but I figured I'd post what I found in case anyone has bright ideas or the time to finish this fix before I do. So after testing it I found two issues:
    1. The settings are bonked. (duh) I decided to just go ahead and remove the settings code since it's not really used by most mods that use this framework and it can be easily added by those mods that want it. So this issue is fixed in my local version.
    2. Nothing in the live game scene renders. When Uber split up the live game scene into the different panels to improve performance it seems they also turned off all rendering on that main live game panel, which makes sense but it breaks this mod none the less. My current plan is to expand one of the panels that updates the least, like the players list for example, (so it causes the smallest performance hit) to cover the whole screen. Then mods can just work through that panel and everything should be fine. I have not tested this yet though so I'm not sure if it will work.
    I'll post an update once I have more info on the second problem.

@raevn when/if I get this fixed how would you like me to update it? If it's fine with you I was planning to go ahead and just upload the new zip to PAMM and then ask you to update this thread but if you want to test it first or something that's fine too.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  13. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Why not create a new overlay panel ? So you don't break mods that possibly change stuff on playerlist...
  14. LavaSnake

I don't know how to do that and I ended up deciding against trying to figure it out since it seems like it could create all sorts of nasty issues if floating framework is missing and a mod tries to use it. If you know how to do it though I'd be happy to give it a try!
  15. LavaSnake

Also, would the mods mind moving this thread? Thanks!
  16. LavaSnake

@proeleert
    Could you give me a tip or two on this? I'm hoping to finish it up tonight.

and
    @raevn
    When/if I get this fixed how would you like me to update it? If it's fine with you I was planning to go ahead and just upload the new zip to PAMM and then ask you to update this thread but if you want to test it first or something that's fine too.
  17. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Sorry don't have time, @wondible is the panel master !
  18. LavaSnake

ok, that's fine.

@wondible If you have a chance to post a tip or two about creating/resizing panels that would be epic. If not I'll just have to see you far I can go on my own. :D
  19. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I think I've posted all of my discoveries in Creating Panels. Missile Command has a current implementation for a single panel. I've never tried loading the same html in multiple panels, but it might work.
  20. LavaSnake

hm, thanks. I may have this totally wrong but since you know more about this then me could you tell me how possible this plan is?
    1. Create a full screen panel in the live game scene.
    2. Have mods that need to add a floating frame place that panel in their modinfo.json so the mod can run code in it.
    3. Add the floating frames to that panel for completely functional floatiness.
    Thanks!