[REL] Favourite Colour v1.4 [63180]

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by DeathByDenim, January 18, 2014.

1. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Did you double check that they are enabled? Sometimes I accidentally disable mods when changing things around to to the dependences.
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, that could be it. Another way to check it so install the "Installed Mods List" mod, which adds a "MODS" button to the main menu. It will show you all of the enabled mods.

If the Favourite Colour mod is working properly, then SETTINGS -> UI should have this:
    favouritecolour.png
    Aramai likes this.
  3. Aramai

Aramai New Member

I check that it was indeed enabled. I'll try it again and report my findings. Screenshots to follow.
  4. Aramai

Aramai New Member

No luck. Putting up some screenshots that may help.

Edit: I added the "Installed Mods" button, it shows the favourite colors mod as installed. Still no changes, though. :/ Sorry to be such a nuisance.

Files.png

NoColors.png

Pamm.png
    Last edited: January 29, 2014
  5. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Are you getting errors in the coherent debugger when you open up settings?
  6. Aramai

Aramai New Member

Negative. I've tried uninstalling Hotkeys since it could be conflicting with the menu settings, then reinstalling favourite colors, but no good.
  7. DeathByDenim

Really strange. I deleted my Planetary Annihilation settings folder and installed the same mod loadout you had in your screenshot, but the settings for the favourite colour still appeared.

Could you try renaming the "Planetary Annihilation" folder from your screenshot to "Planetary Annihilation.bak". Then start Planetary Annihilation once to regenerate a new one. Then use PAMM to just install the Favourite Colour mod (and its dependency on the Settings Manager mod). Does it work then?

Keep in mind that this will delete all of your settings, but you can undo it by deleting the newly generated "Planetary Annihilation" folder and renaming the old "Planetary Annihilation.bak" folder back to "Planetary Annihilation" if it doesn't work.
  8. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

I've had the same problem as Aramai. Using the work around you detailed above hasn't showed the settings-ui tab options for the favourite colour
  9. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Is Settings Manager Mod up to date and activated ?
  10. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

Indeed it is, it was freshly installed using the work around also. I also checked using the installed mod list in game after my first try with the workaround and that showed that was activated.
    Last edited: January 29, 2014
  11. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I get this error too. Ready for something weird?
    1. Clean install dFavouriteColour
    2. Copy dFavouriteColour\ui\mods\dFavouriteColour\* to rSettingsManager\ui\mods\rSettingsManager
    3. Update rPAMM\ui\mods\ui_mod_list.js, replacing "/dFavouriteColour/" with "/rSettingsManager/" for the three files (eg. "coui://ui/mods/rSettingsManager/dFavouriteColour_settings.js")
    4. Start PA. It now works.
    5. ???????
    mishtakashi likes this.
  12. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Ok, this has me seriously scratching my head.
    I was just trying to update my Unit Info mod, and I'm getting the same issue.

In both cases, The Coherent debugger shows the mod files fail to load with the following error (I added some additional output in common.js to get the error details):

Code:
    GET coui://ui/mods/dFavouriteColour/dFavouriteColour_global.js  [common.js:14]
    error loading coui://ui/mods/dFavouriteColour/dFavouriteColour_global.js: A network error occurred. [common.js:18]

DOMException {message: "A network error occurred.", name: "NetworkError", code: 19, stack: "Error: A network error occurred.↵    at loadScript…↵    at coui://ui/alpha/shared/js/common.js:168:5", INDEX_SIZE_ERR: 1…}
    >  code: 19
    >  message: "A network error occurred."
    >  name: "NetworkError"
    >  stack: "Error: A network error occurred.
    ↵    at loadScript (coui://ui/alpha/shared/js/common.js:14:11)
    ↵    at loadMods (coui://ui/alpha/shared/js/common.js:51:13)
    ↵    at coui://ui/alpha/shared/js/common.js:168:5"
    __proto__: DOMException
    modinfo.json, mods.json and ui_mod_list.js all look correct, as does the mod paths etc.
  13. cptconundrum

File permissions problem somewhere in the mods folder? This isn't happening for me, but if XMLHttpRequest is failing to get a local file, I would guess it's a permissions problem.

I guess it's also possible that the way XMLHttpRequest works could end up hitting a firewall... maybe.
  14. Aramai

Aramai New Member

Tried a completely fresh install of Planetary Annihilation after ensuring all the related folders and registry entries were removed. Installed only settings manager and favourite colors. Same issue as before. This really tickles my brain.
  15. cptconundrum

Still the same problem is you run as administrator? The error raevn saw in the debugger still sounds like a problem with permissions somewhere in the mods folder.
  16. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

That's the first thing I looked at when I saw it, but it all seems to look OK. I even re-created the mod manually rather than through PAMM and got the same issue. :(
  17. DeathByDenim

Really strange. I just did "chmod -r dFavouriteColour_global.js" to remove the read permissions and I indeed get the same DOMException that raevn posted down to the same error code... Changing the permissions back fixes it again of course.

Are there any firewalls that could mess with this?

Does this just happen with dFavouriteColour_global.js? Or do the other two files give the same error?
  18. cptconundrum

:confused:

Are you running a firewall? Is there a webserver running locally on port 80?
  19. Aramai

Aramai New Member

Here is a screenshot of the coherent debugger errors I receive while accessing Settings => UI.
    CoherentDebugger.png
  20. DeathByDenim

Yeah, that's probably the same error that raevn got.

Are you sure this screenshot is from Settings -> UI though? It doesn't seem to load any of the scripts specific for the settings screen. It looks like the screenshot was for the main menu page. It should at least try to load "coui://ui/mods/rSettingsManager/rSettingsManager.js" and "coui://ui/mods/rSettingsManager/rSettingsManager.css" as well as "coui://ui/mods/dFavouriteColour/dFavouriteColour_settings.js"