[REL] External UI

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, May 13, 2014.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

No, but it reads nice. Even more work to do though^^
    I think the plain browser version is already pretty nice though, everyone has a browser anyway. It's more a question of why my firefox failed on it for now xD
  2. Mereth

Mereth Active Member

To "fix" the Firefox bug, you should add "$(function() { $('html').css('display','block'); });" at the end of your server_browser.js.
    It seems to be a jquery/firefox bug, the $('html').fadeIn(0).show(); in common.js add a inline "display: none" to the "html" element XD

I had some issues with npm install too, had to manually install iud2 & multiparty modules (express dependency). Don't know exactly why, i'm a nodejs rookie :)

Impressive work by the way :)
    cptconundrum and cola_colin like this.
  3. cola_colin

Great find with the display:none. Had a similar issue in chrome at first when I tried to use the panel.js from PA. It set that property on body, but I am more used to the chrome debugger, so I quickly found the issue in it.
    I am a nodejs rookie as well, so no idea :)
  4. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

This is pretty cool.

1) I'll look at the gzip thing. Good catch.
    2) PA uses web kit specific stuff. The UI will *not* *ever* target any other browsers. So if the UI doesn't need information from the PA client, then it can be made to work in Chrome. If you want to make things work for Firefox... you will have to remove all references to webkit specific attributes (such as -webkit-transform and -webkit-filter).
  5. cola_colin

I am not asking for you to target anything but chrome, I just noticed that my work so far only worked in chrome and told people that. :)
  6. cola_colin

[​IMG]
    Yeah.... so with the fix for firefox it indeed "works". But looks ugly for sure ^^

I'll probably not focus on making it look perfect on any browsers but chrome I guess. Maybe that atom shell standalone webkit application thing really is the best way to go so nobody is forced to use chrome. Even though I can imagine that people who like firefox more could set external UI as a chrome app and just not use chrome apart from that.

(The red lines are just my missclicks in the screenshot tool)
  7. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

So tho those of you that did everything right but then accidentally told chrome to never open PA when it sees the startpa protocol (like me, I miss clicked because I was going too fast). Here's the fix. Took me 2 days of web searching to get this:

0. Close your chrome or this will not work.

1. go to C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME HERE>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data

2. open local state file with a notepad or notepad ++

3. press ctrl-f (or search the document yourself) and use it to find the following line: "protocol_handler" (with or without the "". Either should work)

4. what you'll see is something like the following:
    Code:
    "protocol_handler": {
          "excluded_schemes": {
            "afp": true,
            "data": true,
            "disk": true,
            "disks": true,
            "file": true,
            "hcp": true,
            "javascript": true,
            "magnet": false,
            "mailto": false,
            "ms-help": true,
            "ms-windows-store": false,
            "news": false,
            "nntp": true,
            "shell": true,
            "snews": false,
            "startpa": true,
            "vbscript": true,
            "view-source": true,
            "vnd": {
                "ms": {
                  "radio": true
                }
            }
          }
      },
    see the "startpa": true,? Change that to "startpa": false, . You have just told chrome not to block or exclude the startpa protocol when you try to use it and your external UI (and coincidentally PA stats replay links) should work now. Save the file and close it.

EDIT: forgot to say: you must close chrome or the changes will not take effect.
    cptconundrum and cola_colin like this.
  8. trialq

trialq Post Master General

This looks good. One type of game I like to play (aka non-team FFA) is a bit of a rarity, monitoring the lobby for these games on a separate screen whilst practicing would be nice.