[REL] CPlosion mod V4 (23-03-2015) 79600

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Alpha2546, October 12, 2014.

1. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

If I could add the slightest amount of ambient lighting to dark nights so that you could faintly see things...

PA would look amazingsauce.
    tatsujb likes this.
  2. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

You got some picture for me? :) I can't use the dark nights mod since it'll interfere with the amd brightness fix. Kinda curious how those coloured exlosions look like in the dark >.>
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

any pic from the screenshot wars thread.
  4. Alpha2546

Updates this one to V3 last night

The dox changes from the stable build have been copied over to CPlosion. So it really is neccesary to update this to V3.
    Also there was a light ray bug which caused some gliching when you zoomed in and out of the battlefield. Reedited this and its fixed now. So no weird light rays all over the place.
    • Removed the vehicle file to avoid conflicts with the PA-FX mod
    Have fun!
    Last edited: November 26, 2014
    Fr33Lancer and zaphodx like this.
  5. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

I played a game with this mod today. The client crashed after at least a half-hour of play-time.

Unfortunately, I have no screenshot of the game at the time of the crash, so all I have is the log file filled with "particle system overflow" errors.

Attached Files:

6. Alpha2546

Thanks for this I'll definately look into it. Did you had this problem with the v2 version also?
  7. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

No, that version ran without any client crashes. Everything worked fine with v2.
  8. Alpha2546

Hmm oki. I'll look it up in the files tomorrows and remove the ray replacement. That should do the trick. :) we'll see. Thanks again!
  9. Alpha2546

V3.1 just went up! Changes are:
    • Hopefully fixed the crashing. Getting the unkown error type RING shouldn't be possible so we'll see how it goes.
    • Gave the orbital CPlosion more luv. They're looking much more spacy and nice. the original was kinda boring.
    Have fun!
  10. Alpha2546

V3.2 just went up. Fixed a bug with the air explosions which created lots of errors (no crashes thankfully). Error free now :).

Also I've noticed that we hit the 2000 (almost 2100) downloads this week! Pretty amazing stuff :). Guess that needs to be celebrated with adding new CPlosion thingy's :rolleyes:.
    proeleert and mishtakashi like this.
  11. cybrankrogoth

cybrankrogoth Active Member

Out of curiosity, can you change the explosions so that they're in less of a hurry to be over? I feel like every time something dies the explosion just doesn't wanna be there. Does its thing and leaves asap.

Also, the circular motion downward? At the end of the explosion. Is there anyway/easy way to make it fade in an outward direction, rather than make it look like it's going back down to the centre on the ground?
    Planktum likes this.
  12. Alpha2546

First of all. Remove the mod with the new update. I'll try to update it to V4 tommorow.

I've also temporarely disabled it on PAMM to avoid any F!@# ups :) .

Hmm I can't let the particles be alive for too long time as I don't want to decrease performance (more particles is more rendering for the gpu). Unfortunately I haven't been able to make it fade, though I havent tried that yet. That effect is copied from the commander landing explosion and rescaled to small units. I'll look it up! Thanks for the tip!
  13. Alpha2546

CPlosion V4.0 just went up.

Changelog.

• Put in the stable changes into the CPlosion mod. (naval and the dox change).
    • Added new CPlosion effects to the Pelter and Holkins.
    I hope you like the new CPlosion effects. You'll now immidiatly notice when someones got a Pelter or Holkins up.

Have fun!
    Remy561 likes this.
  14. Alpha2546

Its going fast with these versions >.>

Anyways v4.4 is up.
    • Fixed the ring error for naval CPlosions.
    • Naval shells now have a better suited CPlosion when they hit an enemy ship. It just looked weird when using the default one.
    • Did some work on resizing the CPlosion for two naval ships.
    Enjoy!
    Remy561 likes this.
  15. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Nice job!
  16. goofyz3

goofyz3 Active Member

Best mod! Nice
  17. Alpha2546

Thanks @xanoxis and @goofyz3 ! I'm glad you like the CPlosion mod. I'm still not satisfied with the pelter and holkins CPlosion so these might changes in the future again. We'll see.
  18. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

personaly not a fan of the this colormod but like the effects ... wasnt there another explosionmod that doesn´t change the colors but simply makes them look better?

can´t find it on PAMM
  19. Alpha2546

Good call there indeed was the XPlosion mod however I temporarely shut it down since it wasn't up to date with the latest patches. I'll try to fix that one this weekend. Thanks for noticing it.
  20. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

keep up the good work :)