[REL] CPlosion mod V4 (23-03-2015) 79600

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Alpha2546, October 12, 2014.

1. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Did you use this guide? https://forums.uberent.com/threads/guide-getting-your-mod-on-pamm.55189/

I couldn't see the mod there, so added it myself. If you update the mod, I recommend:
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  2. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I'd like to thank you for this. I did tried the github but didn't really took the time to look into it I'll definately try it out with next versions. Thanks for the help bud! I much appreciate it!
  3. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

Is it possible to remove the actual unit explosion underneath the awesome coloured one? Looks kinda weird when it dissipates to see a fading cloud of yellow.
  4. Alpha2546

Its pretty easy to remove that center cloud. I actually wanted to have that yellow change colour also but I still haven't found a way to do that.

I've been thinking about how to work next and this is probably the plan. I'll iterate on the explosion and post the results in a WIP thread with some GIF images. Then you all can say if you like or not and if not what should be changed. Then I'll add in the changes and post it again until there is a nice overall satisfaction which will be released on PAMM.

I'm also planning to do a non teamcoloured explosion mod since not everyone likes teamcoloured explosions. That'll probably be in the end since changing colours ain't that much work.

Last days I've been busy with naval explosions and the boombots. You'll see the results this week in a WIP thread!
  5. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

Sounds good :D
  6. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

carn1x, squishypon3 and wpmarshall like this.
  7. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

8. m1dnightmoose

m1dnightmoose Active Member

Love it! So much so that I need to ask, are there plans to do orbital and air as well? Or if ~I'm feeling really pushy change all of the ingame explosions like nukes and smashes?

<3
  9. Baleur

Baleur Member

Awesome!
    I for one think that the smoke rings when Buildings get destroyed are absolutely spot on brilliant, especially since the game Engine has lighting on the smoke, resulting in great views when a building gets blown up and you see the enemy factions grenade color light up your dusty remains of that air factory.
    Last edited: October 18, 2014
  10. Alpha2546

I don't have plans to alter nuke explosion or smashes. I like how the nukes look and I'm not sure what I can add to a planet smash. What kind of ideas did you had in mind? Let me know in the wip thread https://forums.uberent.com/threads/wip-cplosion-v2.65371/ Glad to know you like it!

hmm so you like em. I just had a thought about that the smoke itself should be a bit lighter (like the center smoke). Thank you for letting me know!
  11. Alpha2546

V2 update

So V2 has been released on PAMM thanks to @trialq ( I'm getting there with the github thingy). I altered the explosions for air, orbital and ships and did a few minor modifications on the units explosions and building (which probably won't be very noticable).

Added some code that explosions won't be visible anymore if you zoom out far enough.
    Also changed scaling of explosions on a few units. (for instance the t1 factory's explosion is the same as the t1 bot factory).

And thats it for v2 I think. I hope you guys like it! If not you can always put in some requests at the WIP topic : https://forums.uberent.com/threads/wip-cplosion-v2.65371/

Have fun!
    trialq likes this.
  12. Baleur

Baleur Member

Loved seeing the explosions when zoomed all the way out outside the planet view, is that gone in v2? (preformance reasons?)
    CryFisch likes this.
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

This mod breaks the reporting of units to PA Stats. It does so because it contains 2 invalid unit files, which cannot be parsed as json:
    pa/units/sea/fabrication_sub/fabrication_sub.json
    pa/units/sea/missile_ship/missile_ship.json

Use a validator to find issues:
    http://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/

PA Stats parses all unit jsons at startup and ends up waiting forever for the parsing of these files to complete. In a version I will release less than an hour I will make it log a warning:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: October 26, 2014
  14. Alpha2546

Yeah I did this for performance reasons or else they'll always be rendered. Never thought that someone would actually notice it :p .

Thank you for the update! There were two syntax errors which just have been fixed. V2.1 will be up in a few hours I guess.

Edit: V2.1 is on pamm and both should be fixed now!
    Last edited: October 26, 2014
  15. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

This is amazing, great work Alpha.
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  16. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

This needs to be integrated into vanilla, it looks SO good :D
    The teamcolored asplosions even help you tell whose units are dying.
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  17. Alpha2546

Thanks for letting me know. Its feels good to know that people like it. Its a lot of testing en rechecking until your satisfied so I'm really glad people are digging it.

Not sure about the vanilla thingy though. There are people who don't like the teamcoloured explosions so I'm thinking of also doing the explosion non teamcoloured.

It would be really cool if there could be an option in the graphics setting te check or uncheck it. Not sure if this is possible with modding though?
    optimi likes this.
  18. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

I wanted to venture into that for my mods (here), but it seemed difficult. Not sure if anything has changed since.
  19. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

A non team-coloured version would be much appreciated ;)
  20. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

this mod is F*$/ING AMAZING with dark nights!!
    stuart98 likes this.