[REL] Commander Health Display v2.7.4 [61250]

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by Raevn, August 14, 2013.

1. dadaveman

dadaveman New Member

I'm receiving an "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'arePlanetsReady' of undefined.

This gives me the forever spinning "generating planets" - if I uninstall all mods, it works. Any hint where the conflict is?

../shared/css/boot.css loading css common.js:28
    ../shared/js/boot.js loading script common.js:9
    fn not bound
    ../../mods/ui_mod_list.js loading script common.js:9
    ../../mods/rSettingsManager/rSettingsManager_global.js loading script common.js:9
    ../../mods/rFloatFrame/rFloatFrame.css loading css common.js:28
    ../../mods/rFloatFrame/rFloatFrame.js loading script common.js:9
    http://www.nanodesu.info/stuff/pa/mods/live/pastats/pa_stats_loader.js loading script common.js:9
    http://nanodesu.info/stuff/pa/mods/live/pastats/scenes/global.css loading css common.js:28
    http://nanodesu.info/stuff/pa/mods/live/pastats/scenes/global.js loading script common.js:9
    http://pa-tournaments.com/mod/pa-tournaments-loader.js loading script common.js:9
    ../../mods/rCommanderHP/rCommanderHP.css loading css common.js:28
    ../../mods/rCommanderHP/rCommanderHP.js loading script common.js:9
    ../../mods/modbatch/live_game/modbatch.js loading script common.js:9
    ../../mods/EcoEff/EcoEff.js loading script common.js:9
    ../../mods/EcoEff/EcoEff.css loading css common.js:28
    ../../mods/dTimer/dTimer.css loading css common.js:28
    ../../mods/dTimer/dTimer.js loading script common.js:9
    ../../mods/dMexCount/dMexCount.css loading css common.js:28
    ../../mods/dMexCount/dMexCount.js loading script common.js:9
    ../../mods/dBetterSystemView/dBetterSystemView.css loading css common.js:28
    ../../mods/dBetterSystemView/dBetterSystemView.js loading script common.js:9
    ../../mods/CustomInGameTimers/Timers.js loading script common.js:9
    http://nanodesu.info/stuff/pa/mods/live/pastats/scenes/live_game.js loading script common.js:9
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'arePlanetsReady' of undefined live_game.js:1488
    game.createHolodeck
    unhandled msg:unit_costs
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Try to disable some of the older mods that have no received updates. Also make sure all mods are up to date.
  3. dadaveman

dadaveman New Member

Found it - the customizable ingame timers was the culprit

Thanks!
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Well, I installed 2.7.1 at home and indeed, the health of the commander is displayed properly in live_game now. I still don't see any settings though. This is what the debugger tells me when I navigate to settings in PA:
    Code:
    ../shared/css/boot.css loading css
    ../shared/js/boot.js loading script
    fn not bound
    ../../mods/ui_mod_list.js loading script
    ../../mods/rSettingsManager/rSettingsManager_global.js loading script
    ../../mods/rFloatFrame/rFloatFrame.css loading css
    ../../mods/rFloatFrame/rFloatFrame.js loading script
    http://www.nanodesu.info/stuff/pa/mods/live/pastats/pa_stats_loader.js loading script
    http://nanodesu.info/stuff/pa/mods/live/pastats/scenes/global.css loading css
    http://nanodesu.info/stuff/pa/mods/live/pastats/scenes/global.js loading script
    ../../mods/rSettingsManager/rSettingsManager.js loading script
    ../../mods/rSettingsManager/rSettingsManager.css loading css
    ../../mods/rCommanderHP/rCommanderHP_settings.js loading script
    Uncaught TypeError: Object #<SettingsViewModel> has no method 'registerFrameSetting'
    ../../mods/rFloatFrame/rFloatFrame_settings.js loading script
    Also, I completely removed my ~/.local/Uber Entertainment directory to rule out anything fishy going on there.

Anyway, I have a health display during game again, so I'm happy. :)
  5. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Ah, rFloatFrame_settings.js isn't getting loaded until after rCommanderHP_settings.js.

The priority order should be:
    10 - rSettingsManager
    20 - rFloatFrame
    100 - rCommanderHP
  6. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

That's quite odd. I haven't tested that mod recently, but it souldn't cause an issue with that as it only uses basic JS and a few HTML changes, nothing to do with the API.
  7. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Whoops, seems there was a bug in the Linux version of PAMM regarding priorities. I fixed that internally now. Sorry about that. :)
  8. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

What do you think about making it a double-click on the display to focus the camera on the camera? I keep finding myself accidentally clicking on it.
  9. cola_colin

I fully agree with that. Also there needs to be a way to fix it. I sometimes move it around without wanting to.
  10. cptconundrum

Double-click is easy to do, but the fix for moving it around might take some more thought, because it can be a problem with anything that uses the floating ui. Should all floating ui elements automatically get a "pin" icon somewhere that locks them into place?
  11. cola_colin

I would say there should be some way to explicitly enter a config-mode and only there it should be possible to move stuff. During normal gameplay I don't want to move stuff around. At least not currently.
    Maybe when we have multiple views of the gameworld I would like to move those around ingame.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  12. cptconundrum

Good idea. That still goes along with my original comment, which was that the single-click issue is with this mod, and accidentally dragging things is really a bug that belongs to the floating ui mod.
  13. boylobster

boylobster Active Member

Hey, I'm sorry if this issue has been covered previously - I looked, but didn't see it. I'm getting a couple errors when I try to enable Commander Health through the Mod Manager. When I check CH's box, I get the following errors:

rCommanderHP: Required Mod 'rFloatFrame' not installed
    and
    rCommanderHP: Required Mod 'rSettingsManager' not installed

Again, I apologize if this has been covered before. Anybody have a fix for this?
  14. cptconundrum

You will need to install the floating framework and settings manager mods as well.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  15. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

Those are two "framework" mods that this mod uses. So you need to install and enable them before enabling this one. They're list in the mods list so just click the install link for each of them.
  16. boylobster

boylobster Active Member

Ah, works like a charm. Thanks very much to both!
  17. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

For me the commander health display was not visible for quite some time after updating to the version that required the new float frame mod. Today I figured out what was wrong - the div was positioned outside the window.

A manual fix is to open the debugger, look for the div whose id is commander_info_frame and set its position to something smaller. For me the "top" was over 1700 (with lots of desimals too), though I only have a 1920x1200 screen.

The mod should automatically detect the current window size and move any divs that are outside the window to be inside it. I guess this is something that the float frame mod should do out of the box.
  18. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

hmm I thought I fixed that bug (it does check for the X/Y % being above 100) :(
  19. ORFJackal

ORFJackal Active Member

Does it check it also after reading the old value from local storage?
  20. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Ah, turns out it only checks if rememberPosition=false / there's no existing stored value (checks the default values) and whenever the frame is dragged. I'll see about adding an additional check for this case.
    proeleert likes this.