[REL] Canis Major Dwarf [Beta]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by gmase, February 8, 2017.

1. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

Discontinued. Please remove from Community mods identifier:"com.gmase.cmd"

Edit:Recontinued, let's see if enough players join
    Last edited: March 27, 2017
  2. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

What happened?
  3. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

Not enough active mod players
  4. mwreynolds

mwreynolds Well-Known Member

Maybe it just needs a little more time and effort to get people and teams organised.
  5. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

This is basically a tournament and it can't start with 3 or 4 players only.
  6. reptarking

reptarking Post Master General

I Gandalf of Clan Burning, one of the last of my name deem this mod brilliant and will offer any and all I can to see it live. one question. if faction X invades faction Y, does faction Y get a economic modifier or extra player as a defensive bonus?
    cdrkf likes this.
  7. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

May I make a suggestion..? Can we rename this mod to make it more obvious what it does?

I think that *A LOT* of players would be interested- however 90% of the player-base never go near these forums and so a mod named 'Canis Major Dwarf' in CMM is unlikely to catch their eye.

This needs to be called 'Multi Player Galactic War' or something like that- something that very simply and obviously describes what it is at a glance so players will notice it- also probably needs to be highlighted in game somehow. You can keep the system name as a sub heading of course and as part of the lore around the mod. As it stands though I'm not surprised no one has picked it up beyond a few people who follow these forums closely...
    reptarking and stuart98 like this.
  8. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

Yo people, I'm giving this mod anohter chance. I'll leave it hibernating until I find a few discord-active players for it to start.
    mwreynolds, stuart98 and Mirolog like this.
  9. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

I would like to try this in a couple of months, once we've got Clan Wars up and running properly and all the heavy work for that is out of the way (like the website I am making now, the server setup we are trying to finalize, etc.) Hopefully, you'll still be interested in giving it a shot then. And I can bring 5-10 people in to test it. The good thing is that we are in our Discord playing games together almost every day, so it will be very easy for us to organize our battles, and we will be able to progress several turns every week.

If all goes well with the testing phase, we could announce the first season in the main forum, and on the website I am building, and the PA Discord and so on, and I am sure we would get 10-20 people easily, and it would just snowball from there. Let me know how you feel about this, and if it sounds good to you I will keep you posted on when we will be ready.