[REL] Better Build Bar [Not Currently Working]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Corang, March 1, 2014.

1. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I wanted to know if anyone would want me to work on getting settings into this again or should I just leave it how it is? Please reply with what you think.
  2. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

The settings was the only reason I used it before since I only liked one of the styles. I'd only use it again though if the UI changes fit well with my playstyle so I'd have to try the different options and see. The new build bar does have most of what I want though so I'm not really sure.
  3. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

I'm happy with using it as it is currently. Does the trick nicely
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

noooooooothing
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Given the current build bar, this mod is a beautiful, beautiful thing.
    proeleert likes this.
  6. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

What?
    Wow, thank you!
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

I was going to say I had a problem but it was me, And yeah as usual, your mod is a lifesaver, many many rain kisses onto you.
  8. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

This mod just feels so natural that I forgot I was using it.
    proeleert likes this.
  9. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Well in sold, downloading later. Will miss the combat fabber selection for a mine taking up the whole screen though.
    stuart98 and mayhemster like this.
  10. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

UPDATE:

• still shadows live_game.html (i could get rid of the boxes with burntcustard's method but by shadowing I am also removing unnecessary KO calls which provides a small UI speed boost)
    • redid the live_game.html shadow to match 66770
  11. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I believe that mods run before KO is activated. So if you edited out the data-bind attributes (or replaced just the build-bar wholesale) no bindings would be made.
  12. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

This mod seems to cause me issues with the new PTE version (66863-main).
    As soon as I start a GW game, I got the randomized generating system message (approach vector / landing zone / whatever), then when it's rendered, I can see the planet for half a second before I got the classic "Generating System" message over instead and cannot do anything. I can even hear the comm dropping sound if I wait 1-2 minutes (which is the time after which if you do not select a starting point, you get a random one).

It took me some time to find which mod can cause this.
    1. All mods (including this one) enabled, it doesn't work
    2. All mods (excluding this one) enabled, it does work
    3. This mod enabled only, it doesn't work
    Is it just me, can someone try a GW game on latest PTE ?
  13. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

one sec, let me fix this for PTE and I will release a separate version for PTE so you will have to uninstall the normal version and install the new one
  14. Fr33Lancer

Well, if it's too much hassle (double maintenance :confused:), don't bother, I think most people can wait (or not use the PTE) until they merge PTE in the normal build ;)
  15. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

Just pushed the other version to PAMM
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  16. Fr33Lancer

Thanks, will try and check as soon as Clopsey's tournament is ended ;)

EDIT : Confirmed, works like a charm now :)
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
  17. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

This mod is broken for me in the current build. I get the attached screenshot when loading a map and the map then fails to load.

Attached Files:

18. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

I've been quite busy lately and haven't touched PA in almost a month, I will look into it when I have time, for now, just don't use it. I will be removing both versions from PAMM
  19. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

So, I made a system with one planet slowly chasing another. And in reality, what I got was painfully slow chase. And the collision was supposed to be gentle. Like, really really light. You know, like a handshake opposed to punch in the face (moon smash with halley). And when they finally got close, It seemed that they won't even collide and I missed. But. After waiting for few more minutes, both planets touched each other gentle with what seemed like a few square meters of their surfaces at the speed of snails making love. And life on both planets got annihilated. I guess impact force and planet sizes will be accounted later, right?

But. That is not the point. Since I spent too much time creating this, naturally I'd want to watch it over and over. So I used chrono and got back. Oh yeah here they touch again. Then I got back again and.... explosion effect won't go away! I was scrolling time back and forth, to the very beggining and end, no help. Huge white cloud of sprites covering half of both planets during entire match replay.

BTW, it's entirely possible to synchronize planets and make them be like two meters apart all the time. I wonder if: a) land units on one planet will get vision on stuff on second planet b) in case they can, will they be able to attack?
  20. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

I'm gonna take a guess and say wrong thread