[REL] Auto Factory

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by trialq, January 25, 2014.

1. trialq

trialq Post Master General

v1.6.4 on pamm. I couldn't get hotkeys working so commented out the code for now.
    Quitch likes this.
  2. jemkein

jemkein New Member

Awesome Mod, but...
    Me and my friend don't see the config in "Settings>UI" There are only the Normal things.
  3. trialq

You're right, neither can I. I'll investigate whether it is this mod or the settings manager mod. The settings screen looks different, one of the recent patches must have broken something somewhere.

edit: The new patch broke the settings manager. When it gets updated, this mod should automatically be fixed.
    Last edited: June 15, 2014
  4. trialq

Updated to v1.7:
    • Using Uber's settings api, removed rSettingsManager dependency
    • Updated for unit changes
    • Now every t2 factory has a minor bug/dependence on what the t1 factory builds (t2 fac may build a t2 unit and t1 unit alternately). Before this just affected orbital

Settings now looks messy as hell, and I'm not convinced the old bug of crashing when fiddling with show_ui and auto_build has been fixed.
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

is it currently working?
  6. trialq

If you don't mess with the settings described there, it should be fully working. That post from 7 days ago was the last time I updated it, pretty fresh by my standards :p
  7. Ceratok

Ceratok New Member

When I install this mod via PA mod manager I'm running into issues running my game.

My game gets stuck on "Generating planets" after I start the game.

I already had installed Floating framework and settings manager, so I know those to be working fine.

I'm running PA through steam. Any advice?
  8. trialq

Disable it for now. I don't have time to fix it. I'll try and have a look this weekend.

edit: Can someone else test if auto factory works and post results here please?
  9. djensen2010

djensen2010 New Member

Hey I have the same issue as above, when its enable my game sits on "Generating Planets" and im forced to alt f4 out
  10. Vartok

Vartok New Member

Same here as well.
  11. trialq

Strange. I can't reproduce the infinite generating planets bug in multiplayer or galactic war on the stable build (v67523), but there are various issues:
    • The handling of settings had a bug, I fixed it
    • The UI is not displayed even when it should be, I think floating framework is broken

If you go into your settings menu from the main menu, and click the ui tab, can you see loads of settings for auto factory? Like this:
    settings.png

I made a v1.71 for people who aren't affected by the infinite generating planets thing (maybe just me?). It's on PAMM:
    • Fixes a settings handling bug
    • Defaults auto factory to on, so you can use the mod even with no ui in live game

This will not fix the generating planets issue (unless by accident). Try with just this mod and floating framework enabled to see if it's this mod or another mod causing the generating planets issue. Also try restoring default settings. Let me know any details which may help narrow down the problem.
  12. Vartok

Vartok New Member

yes, i see the settings in the UI... but now, it get stuck on the generating planets for a few min. after i hear the explosion, like for a commander landing, the game crashes
  13. djensen2010

djensen2010 New Member

same as above tho mine doesnt really crash it will just sit at generating planets for days lol
  14. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

15. trialq

It's strange, I can't reproduce the problem so can't fix it properly. The more I think about it the more I think it's an issue with floating framework. Anchor buttons nor PA Mentor display for me. Auto Factory isn't in the scene where it's generating planets, floating framework is in the global scene so is present but should be inactive there. If the game has moved on to live_game but hasn't updated the screen properly, try hitting F5 when you think it should have loaded by now.

If that doesn't work. At best guess, I'd say I can't reproduce because I've used all these mods in previous patches, and have dragged them about causing floating framework to save custom locations for them. People who haven't used them before will not have custom locations, maybe the default locations are now bugged.

This is what makes me think the scene has moved onto live_game but not updated the screen, where hitting F5 might make you see the game. Also, the floating framework UI isn't displayed until the commander lands. Other code in auto factory runs as soon as you enter the game or when there's a factory.

tldr: Try hitting F5 with the endless generating planets, and try other mods that use floating framework.
  16. trialq

The other mods using the floating framework were not working for me because i was testing them in pte, they seem to work fine in stable.

Here's a version of auto factory with no floating framework at all, so we can rule it out. Ensure floating framework is disabled, install manually by extracting attached zip to (on windows),
    There should already be a tAutoFactory directory there, replace it with the one in the zip.

Attached Files:

17. djensen2010

djensen2010 New Member

Download and installed the mod you just posted. Then proceeded to uninstall the Floating Framework and it works for me now :D Only one mod I have uses floating so not a huge loss but hope that gives you and idea of what may creating the problem
    trialq likes this.
  18. trialq

Thanks man, that helps a lot. I guess I'll go through the minor pain of adding a button somewhere in the UI, or re-implementing hotkeys to give this mod an interface again :)
  19. trialq

Version 1.8 on pamm. Changes:
    • Removed floating framework dependency
    • Removed UI as it was
    • Added toggle to enable/disable auto-build
    • Removed show_ui and active options in settings
    • Auto factory always starts enabled

af_1.png

af_2.png
    elitedanzel, wondible and Quitch like this.
  20. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I'm digging the new look. Just quietly does its thing while beautifully integrated into the UI.