[REL] AlertsManager [61450]

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, January 12, 2014.

1. LavaSnake

LavaSnake Post Master General

I'll try using a jQuery select like that to do it and see if that fixes the issue.
  2. LavaSnake

Yeah, the timed replace loop is a messy solution. I originally tried using an event to edit the popup but that was too error prone. Could you point me in the right direction for how to do an intercept style replacement like you said?
  3. LavaSnake

Just fixed conflict. You can update it now in PAMM. Thanks to @wondible for making the fix easy.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

keeps working in 61250
  5. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I made a change that uses the PiP to show notifications when you mouse over an alert. If people don't want this in the Alerts Manager, I can probably make it a separate mod. It acts a little bouncy when you move the mouse around over it because I'm using mouseover and mouseout instead of mouseenter and mouseleave, which aren't available in webkit.

Attached Files:

6. cola_colin

Released v1.1.0 just like you suggested, cptconundrum
  7. cptconundrum

Updated on PAMM to v1.1.1

I made it work if you have multiple holodecks and a single PiP. My personal dual screen mod has to remove the other holodecks from model.pips in order for it to work since Uber's code assumes any holodeck not called "primary" is a pip.

Attached Files:

8. cola_colin

Can push the code to github, too?
    https://github.com/pamods/uimod-AlertsManager

EDIT:
    It still does rather funny thing for me.
    I don't see what you really changed. Like it still call swap, which can never work with 2+ pips?
  9. cptconundrum

I changed a couple little things, but swap does not work with 2+ pips. The thing is, none of the game works with more than one pip right now. Pressing v screws up additional pips too. The solution is to rmove all the extra holodecks from model.pips. We basically got our language screwed up and forgot that pip is picture in picture. Full holodecks shouldn't be treated as pips, but as holodecks. Unfortunately live_game.js adds every holodeck to model.pips if it isn't named "primary" so we have to make our dual screen mods remove the extra ones.

I have a javascript file in my dual screen mod that does this.
    Code:
    (function() {
        model.pips = [ model.pips[0] ];
    })();

Works fine as long as the second holodeck is the pip. A less hacky way to do it would be to loop through them and remove them if their id isn't pip, but I was getting tired.
    Last edited: February 22, 2014
    cola_colin likes this.
  10. cptconundrum

Updated to 1.2.0
    Now you can mouse over any notification and get a tooltip to pop up right under it. I'm not using a hack pip, which means I have to disable the normal pip while the tooltip is showing. That pip comes back after you mouse out though. I also fixed some bugs that were causing errors, jumpy views, and general weirdness.

Not compatible with cola_colin's n-screen mod because I don't have a hack pip in there.
    totalannihilation likes this.
  11. cola_colin

Could you add an option to disable the mouse hover function so it can be disabled in case incompatible mods are used?
  12. cola_colin

I would not say it is incompatible. It is just missing the hack screen. Should not hard to add if needed.
    Also please push your code to https://github.com/pamods/uimod-AlertsManager

EDIT:
    Okay adding the hack to a moving and hiding pip is hard. No idea how to do it. But even without the hack it is useful.
    Last edited: February 23, 2014
  13. cptconundrum

I will push that soon. It work sreally well without n-screen at least. And yes I will add a settings option to disable.
  14. cptconundrum

Updated to v1.3.0
    I added a drop-down option in the ui settings to choose the notification pip style. I could maybe have put it in the Alerts Manager tab where it belongs, but I'm busy and lazy so I just required settingsManager and threw it in UI If someone fixes that for me, I'll be happy.

Attached Files:

15. cola_colin

I think the version that is currently on pamm still plays error sounds for no good reason.
  16. cptconundrum

I noticed that too. I can't figure out why though. It's not like it happens only when alerts show up... It just seems random.
  17. cola_colin

You may want to check out what calls you do that have a call to the sound api.
    It btw happens when you play without any enabled pip I think.
    reptarking and cptconundrum like this.
  18. cptconundrum

The pip hover seems to have been included in the new build.

*Edit*
    Updated to v1.3.1 and hover pips have been removed.
    Last edited: February 28, 2014
  19. cptconundrum

So you use model.selection().selectionResult to get the selected unit ids, but that only ever works when the selection was made by dragging a box. Simply clicking on a unit will cause that value to be undefined.
  20. cola_colin

With the latest PTE this breaks completely. I have a partial local fix. I hope before the PTE changes go stable I'll be ready to provide a new alertsManager.
    This most likely also breaks i.e. PA Stats for the PTE, however that I will probably fix tomorrow even before the PTE is stable, because unlike the alerts Manager PA Stats can detect the version of PA.