Real talk.Was the premature release a good idea ?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ragarnoy, September 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

To be fair, I think it is safe to say that lots of us have positive bias for the game, but I wouldn't say that equals blind fanboyism. Quite the opposite, the amount some of you lot slate the game on some days ;)
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I haven't been there at all, my avatar is a picture of Vinyl. ;)

Profile is Marshmallow Vinyl. :p
  3. Antiglow

Antiglow Well-Known Member

I think the main problem is that the game is in a release state, but it is not what people who saw the Kickstarter were expecting. *shrug*
  4. shootall

shootall Active Member

Real Talk? Pfft.

The One Thing That's Ruining The Game is luddites who insist on playing 10 ppl games on 14 planet systems then turn to reddit and steam crying that the game is unplayable.

Uber needs to impose some lvl system (like dota and ranked games) so you can't play more than 2 planet systems 'til you understand how much is going on in this game and why it's a burden to your shitty laptop.
    Remy561, chronosoul, tollman and 7 others like this.
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

they had no right?
    THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT to do so ... it IS THEIR PROJECT ... and YOU who merely backed it should have known full well of the risks that came with the backing ... appearently you dont ..
    Last edited: September 6, 2014
  6. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

You know what'd be pretty cool? If Uber could put in some code that checked your computer's hardware, and whenever you tried to do something beyond your computer's ability a huge red sign pops up saying "TRY AGAIN, IDIOT."

Or, you know, something nicer, whatever.
    trialq, pizwitch and drz1 like this.
  7. squishypon3

Oh god no, those are terrible. Because when technology gets so good the computer thinks you have terrible specs, or a new graphics card comes out from a brand previously non existent.

This happened with GTA 4 and it sucks because it's pretty difficult to get past. :(
  8. classic1977

classic1977 Member

OK: the performance issues are mostly server-side, which is why most people wanted OFFLINE mode for release, LUDDITE.
  9. squishypon3

Which is why it's COMING, just be patient. We've waited two years, new players can wait a couple weeks/month or so.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

please everyone don't go full caps at each other like that. Yes Uber has released the game before all features from the original kickstarter are completed. It's a hard world to be game developer in, so let's not go completely enrage at them just yet. They have not stopped development and the missing features are still planned to be completed in the foreseeable future. As long as Uber has a full dev team working on the game the game will get better and that is something we all want, isn't it? So throwing out lots of nonconstructive rage won't help with anything. No matter who rages at who.
    Quitch, cdrkf, shootall and 3 others like this.
  11. ragarnoy

ragarnoy Member

You don't seem to understand, the waiting part is supposed to be over, these features are supposed to be Core, not "Soon™ after release". You guys might be very understanding because you (and I) have been waiting a long time, but these people just expect a finished quality product, if they don't like it they'll complain, and these complaints will have a ripple effect.
    nlaush likes this.
  12. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

I wouldn't mind lending a hand too :) I drop into the Steam forums now and then. They are always the first port of call for people having problems but have poor social features, so it makes sense that they are full of frustration.
    SXX is a brave man..
    MrTBSC, shootall and drz1 like this.
  13. MrTBSC

supposed by who ?
    Quitch likes this.
  14. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

At the end of the day, I'm not a game developer. If someone came into my lab and tried to tell me that I should be doing my DNA transformations with gravy instead of CaCl2' I'd be like "b***h please". I get the impression it is actually very hard to successfully manage and coordinate the development and launch of a groundbreaking RTS on limited time and money. So I'm going to give Uber some slack for what some might consider, naivety. :)
    chronosoul, FSN1977, japporo and 3 others like this.
  15. MrTBSC

then this thread is useless ... because the game is already released ... weither we like it or not doesnt matter .. as asking for withdrawing the game from steam would do nothing but damage ubers reputation ... there isnt anything constructive to get out of this thread imho ...

the neccesity of offline has been mentioned through the forums more than enough ... as well as it eventualy comming .. we can do no better than asking people for patience in this case ... pushing uber wont help any of us ..
    drz1 likes this.
  16. Dementiurge

Dementiurge Post Master General

I figure offline is just going to bring the lag issues to your personal computer, if the navigation issue isn't fixed.
    The game is already CPU-limited on the client, so unless you're running it from a beefy home server....
  17. ragarnoy

ragarnoy Member

Everyone with eyes and the ability to read the review section.

I was asking for everyone's point of view, but everyone seems to be a bit too positive about this.
  18. MrTBSC

i seriously am afraid to dare starting a game on my laptop when offline is out .. :(
  19. MrTBSC

so the reviewers/ costumers are the ones to tell uber how to make their game? is that what you want to tell me?
  20. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

Yes actually that's how industry works in general, you have to appeal to the people buying your game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.