Rate the sig of the user above you!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by lord_sammy, January 17, 2011.

1. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

I dont rate sigs i make, sorry Deadpool

Jen- 7/10 Its a cool picture but is missing something im not sure what. But good choice :) makes me wana go woop on some MvC2
  2. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

10/10, prob was easy to make i bet, but shows understanding of color palette and mainly i just like your avatar. it too looks easy to make with Fireworks, but i likey.

rate my new signature. i feel like i deserve a bavcon sandvich for it :D
  3. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

I still can't get past the glasses. Plus you cut off part of your own head... in multiple spots 5/10
  4. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

cut off p... man my hair dont count as my head. and the glasses are fine. furthermore, isnt yours pretty much a default picture commonly found on google with a cursive name added to it? lets not break balls here.

[​IMG]
  5. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

This IS the rate the sig of the user above you thread, if you didn't want critique, you probably shouldn't of come.

On Topic: 7/10, I like that it looks kinda blurry, I dunno, it looks homemade, and I like crap like that
  6. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Furthermore, you asked for it to be rated. Just remember that.
  7. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

9/10.

The cool colors against the neutral make it pop!
    And the Gunner is so cute. Haha.
    I also like the font of your name, and how you're reppin' dem TWT foo's.

The only problem I have with it is the "Sumo." It seems kinda randomly thrown in, as if to say "Oh hey, I play Sumo too."

Edit: 8/10. I just noticed the broken border along some places.
    That prods at my OCD. Hahaha.
  8. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

Haha. I asked to have the Sumo put in there because I've been using the Sumo tag for months now. The actual gametype wasn't even in my mind when I asked. =P
  9. Jraw20

Jraw20 New Member

Number 1: You asked to have it rated, calm the hell down.
    Number 2: I took a screenie from a video, edited out "YouTube" out of the bottom right corner, custom made the headshot icon, and THEN added a cursive name to it.
    Number 3: Your hair is on your head, therefore it's your head.
    Number 4: Glasses = lol
  10. mute

mute New Member

you forgot the best part of his quote...
    imo.. you're the one taking things way too seriously. with numbered points even.

i was going to make fun of his glasses, but you beat me to it.

0's for everyone.
  11. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

paradox.
    if your neck is on your head, it is part of your head.
    your body is on your neck, which, according to the above logic, is your head.
    therefore your body is part of your head.
  12. x Zatchmo

x Zatchmo New Member

1: For making fun of Midget.
    2: Has a Bro quote.
    3: Indication of favorite class.
    4: I like the color scheme.
    5: The Gunner has a "I'm bigger/better than you" affect, because he's bigger than the background.
    6: Made by St. Mudknot.
    7: Stated it was by Mudknot in a discrete place.
    8, 9, and 10: Because it goes together well.
  13. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

8/10 for Zatch since his sig is one of the few with any design stank on it. It's not just a graphic focal point with a bad background and a bad font.
  14. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

Ummmm, every sig/picture is really a focal point with a background, i wouldnt say any kind of background is bad, it really is up to the viewer to determine that. Some see backgrounds as too plain, too loud, too soft, too dark, and even too blinding and more, but i wouldnt label anything of the such as bad. However whats important, is what it is to the user.

because ive rated Jens

Zatch im going to have to give your sig a 5/10. The fact is that its a good picture, but it has no signature feel to it. Im glad you rate my sigs highly in your book btw :) I do like the picture but id like to see more of a signature to it. Even if its just throwing your GT/forum name on there. I dont think negatively of the picture, but its just not a signature signature.

Cause unless you are Prince, otherwise known as the artist, now again known as Prince, but when was the artist and used a symbol.....im sure you dont sign your name with a graphic :lol:
  15. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

>9000/10 to you, good sir Saint Mudknot. WHAT YOU THINKA MAH NEW SIG?
  16. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Muuuuuch better. Super awesomez. 10/10
  17. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

Most sigs I see are badly cropped art assets on a bad patterned background with Times New Roman font. There's no real "design" taking place, just graphic elements put together in a rudimentary fashion. If I had to compare most of the sigs on this forum with those I've seen elsewhere, few people would get above a 5/10 if we were grading comparatively. I used to hang around the NSL forums years back and some of the sigs on there were just sick...of course, it was a design-focused forum, but there was a lot of good design work. Just keepin' it real.
  18. Obsydianyte

Obsydianyte New Member

What do you think of mine, Jen? >.>
  19. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

Your background is very interesting and would like to know how you made it. You have two focal points, which degrades the design a bit, and it's hard for me to differentiate the two focal points from the background due to the non-variation in color.

I would eliminate the gremlin and make the assassin bigger and move it over to the left so it's taking up more of the main space. I would also do something to make it less monotone with the purple and maybe make the assassin a different shade of purple.

Your font, while not horrible, so nothing special, but I would stick with a sans serif font, as you did. I tend to use tiny fonts on all my stuff for my name because I don't do GT-sigs, but artwork-focused sigs, so my name/gt is always small, but it's appropriate that your gamertag should be bigger.

A good rule of thumb for ANY design is the "rule of thirds": "The rule states that an image should be imagined as divided into nine equal parts by two equally-spaced horizontal lines and two equally-spaced vertical lines, and that important compositional elements should be placed along these lines or their intersections." (wiki)

When you see something that's centered versus following the rule of thirds, there's a very striking difference in the artistic feel.

[​IMG][​IMG]
  20. Saint Mudknot

Saint Mudknot New Member

Hey i tried to give him a sig.....Hes determined to show me up so im still waiting :mrgreen: