R.i.p. Gem aka bald lofty

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by feedle, January 11, 2015.

1. o

o Head Honcho Official PA

This is heartbreaking. My deep condolences to Gem's family.
  2. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

I just want to make sure gems last gift to lead makes it to him. The monkey shelter donation is something else entirely.
  3. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I understand man, thanks again for putting in the effort to do this for our community
    naka333 likes this.
  4. notgunkedcontrol

I would trust toon with the monkey shelter donation the most personally.
  5. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I talked to toon briefly about it and hope to get some more ideas soon. I trust him as well
    naka333 likes this.
  6. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

This is very heartbreaking. The MNC world has had a loss. Condolences to his family and all his friends.
  7. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

I got in touch with the folks at The Monkey Sanctuary. I will be making a donation and if anyone wants to contribute let me know in a private message. I will cover exchange fees for you, and if you like I will post how much you gave (anyone who doesn't want to be listed will be pooled together as "Anonymous").
    Last edited: January 15, 2015
  8. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

I'd like to donate. I'm pretty busy this week but I'll try and keep in touch.
  9. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

The donation page to the parent organization is here:

http://www.wildfutures.org/get-involved/make-a-donation/

They basically take a credit card, and your card company charges you if it is not in Pounds (roughly 3% for most cards and you have to call them to tell them you are making an overseas transaction, depending on the company). Like I said, I will cover this if anyone wants to pool money, but don't let that stop you from making a donation - people donate 0.50 pounds, which is like $0.35 so don't feel that your donation is too small. Besides, I kind of like the idea of seeing Teri's name up there multiple times, since they allow messages to be posted as well. I don't have his last name though, which would be nice to add.
  10. notgunkedcontrol

Chaffey
    RandomToon likes this.
  11. Zatchmo

Zatchmo Active Member

I don't even know what to say after reading all of this. I wasn't as close to him as others, but I knew and played with him enough to know that he was a great human being who cared for and touched the lives of those he cared about. This is truly a surreal circumstance... simply unfair, unbelievable and unexpected. God ******* dammit rest in peace Gem.
  12. whatwouldjondo

whatwouldjondo Active Member

I was in the middle of pulling my CC info off my Xbox live account this morning when I noticed Feedle's message. I'm so grateful to have known Gem, even if only online. I will definitely celebrate this man's life. He was nothing but positive in this community.

I feel bad that my life got busy and I lost touch with all of you. I wish I had more time to spend with all my Xbox buddies. My world just doesn't allow for it though.

I'm having a few drinks to you, Gem! Signing off for good now. Thank you all for the wonderful memories!

P.S. Thank you Feedle for not letting me leave without saying goodbye. It meant a lot that you contacted me.
    feedle likes this.
  13. onelessninja

onelessninja Active Member

Also, it was me.

WWJD.
    feedle likes this.
  14. e30tech

e30tech Member

Sorry to everyone that lost their friend. I had played with GEM in the past but didnt keep in touch. my condolences to the family.
  15. motherfknskill

motherfknskill Member

Kinda thought that everyone rockin GEM in there tag was an inside joke from an earlier pm. But to find this out reallllly sucks. Gem was a very nice guy and always fun to talk/game with.

I remember back when WTS was about to play GP and GEM joined my party chat and told me I was the only one that had a real chance at this. And told me to kick their *** lol

And all those leashes he gave me over the years, altho somtimes not the greatest, I dont think I ever found it in me to rage against this guy.

ALWAYS REMEMBERD BUDDY
    purplescratchy likes this.
  16. Goldielocks

Goldielocks Member

I can't believe this happened. Sometimes it seems like the worst things happen to the best people. Gem was a great guy as shown by the all the comments in this thread and a ton of fun in a party chat. Condolences to his family and friends in and out of game. Beyond that I'm speechless.
  17. jaysofacton

jaysofacton Active Member

I check my messages for the first time in over a year and read the saddest news ever. Thanks for letting me know Feedle. He was a great guy and will be dearly missed by us all. I loved his Support play & he was learning Gunner the last time I played with him and coming along nicely. R.I.P. Gemicide.
    patema likes this.
  18. purplescratchy

purplescratchy Well-Known Member

Just curious, does anyone know how old gem was when he passed?
  19. notgunkedcontrol

20. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

It speaks volumes about your character when you have a bunch of people in an inactive community come out of the shadows to celebrate your existence.
    Truth be told, I didn't have much history with Gemicide but I feel like I do now after reading all of your comments. I would just like to honor someone who had the same passion in the game and community as I did, as well as being a positive impact for a lot of people.
    We're not as anonymous as we'd like to believe and our actions do influence others.

Sorry guys.
    feedle and RandomToon like this.