R.i.p. Gem aka bald lofty

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by feedle, January 11, 2015.

1. feedle

feedle Post Master General

I feel bad letting everyone know the way I did but don't know how else to let people know who he was friends with or played with etc.

It doesnt sink in until you realize a person we all played this game with dailey, weekly, monthly, yearly etc won't come back. This secret santa thing was kind of a way to bring us back and I guess Gem's death kind of bonded it together.

Its sad that we never got the chance to meet him in person when he came to the usa and his second attempt he wanted to meet us. I was lucky enough to skype chat with Teri once and he was just as cheerful and happy as he was on the mic.

He wanted us to play together and I guess this is a way of saying keep it together.

Despite most of us moving onto other systems or games.. if you still have mnc please load it up and play a game for him. He would want you to.
  2. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

Man I still regret not trying to meet up with him when his RV was broken down about an hour away from me when he was in Washington. I got to be in a couple video skype chats with him after he had his finger injured by that dog.
    feedle likes this.
  3. feedle

that dog bite was the downfall... once that happened seam things just got worse with bad luck.. he at least tried to play
  4. purplescratchy

purplescratchy Well-Known Member

I can't believe this.
  5. knivez

knivez Member

Man, this really sucks to read.

My condolences to the family. Gem was a great guy, and always seemed to have an upbeat attitude. He was a big part of the small community and will be missed.
  6. ominous

ominous New Member

He was a great man, I can't recall anyone ever holding a grudge against him. Truly a man with class, but with a good sense of humor as well. A level headed person, really, that didn't let the pettiness of others keep him from enjoying the game. In turn, we all gained enjoyment from his upstanding conduct.
  7. alextrebek2les

alextrebek2les Member

We weren't the closest, but I was always excited whenever I got to play a pm with Gem. He was just so damn charismatic and unfailingly upbeat that I couldn't help but have a smile on my face when he was around. I've been watching a few pm vids and whenever he makes an appearance that smiles returns; now, unfortunately, some tears come along with it. What a man he was. May you rest in peace, Gem.
    teapot and feedle like this.
  8. thegemicide

thegemicide Active Member

Hi sorry it has taken me a little while to get back onto here, it has been an emotional couple of days here. 1st off Teri left a few letters and notes to people whilst in hospital and one is addressed to some of his friends on monday night combat, I do not know where else I can put this to be private, so I guess I will post it here after this message, I just need to type it up and then I will post. 2nd is I have taken down most socail media sites as per his instructions to me. 3rd is his wishes for his funeral arrangements, he has requested no service and a simple cremation without flowers or wreaths but would request anyone that wanted too, to donate to a place called “The monkey saunctuary” its near a place called Looe in corwall. He was a massive animal lover and cared a great deal about this place. We are waiting to here back tomorrow about dates. He has also requested that instead of people attending a service and mourn, he wants his “family and friends to meet up in a pub with a blues band playing and party like he was right there with you, do not mourn me celebrate me and drink like there is no tomorrow” he hated funerals and never attended one and he does not wish to attend one now. His ashes are to be scattered by his favourite beach in millindreath in cornwall. This shall be open to anyone that wishes to attend. Dates and times TBA. 4th I have left one account open for any questions or messages you need answering which is his gaming email: baldlofty@yahoo.co.uk you can contact me here if needed, or through XBL I will try and check daily for next few days.

As you can imagine this has come as a massive shock to all who knew him and reading the messages written here is the same as what has been said at home, his partner and I read them today and it was very emotional. To see that he was loved as much online with his buddies as he was at home with us. He was an amazing man with such love for people that he knew, he cared deeply about animals and his music, The man was a god with a guitar in his hands and that is one of the things I will miss most about him.

Again these messages here are lovely to see and thank you for them.

Ian
    notgunkedcontrol, teapot and feedle like this.
  9. thegemicide

thegemicide Active Member

8/1/2015

Hiya fuckers,

if your reading this then I guess my last message kinda blows now huh? I was hoping that I could throw this in the bin when I got outta here. Oh well guess not. As to how I got here well I aint to sure as I have no recolection of the crash, as I said in my last update I have very little movemnt in my legs and lower back and no feeling so they need to operate on it to releave the pressure in there. It should be all fine except that I have a heart condition which makes the op a little more risky. Its ******* weird sat here writing this (btw its 4am,still on us time lol) I just spent the last 4 hours writing one to karin telling her all the things I wanted to but were to afraid to say. Dont even know if this will ever get to you, but I hope it does. If not well I knew I wrote it right?

You guys mean more to me than I could ever say I could write pages and pages of the fun we have had over the years along with heartbreak,illness,depression,homelessness,teenage tamptrums and anything else that comes along with a family like ours in a quite little corner of the interweb, god I feel like a old grandpa (I have seen them come and see them go) man this is tough to write keep tearing up thinking about ****. How to say goodbye, I dont know so I will just write what I feel as I write their names

Lead- If ever I had a soul mate this man was it, I owe you everything . I love you brother gonna miss you so much, our chats were the best ,I so wish I visited you when I came over, just to be be able to give you a hug and say thanx

GC-my not so little brother, stay strong my man dont ever let the dark take you again.your one in a million and I know you will go on to do great things,evrytime you feel that ache just think of our chats and remember it will get better. luvs u bro

Feedle- do something for me bro, go get a nice bottle of red, sit out by the falls and dream a dream for me. so wish I could have done this with you, it was on my bucket list. Now your the daddy of this little band keep an eye on them for me. luvs u bro. oh yeah and **** FEEDLE!!!!!

Chaosff7-he never gonna see it, but thanks my man for all you did for me.

Wildman- you were always the British beast in my eyes dude. Good luck with the teaching and keep telling those shitty supports how support should be played good ol Gem style.luvs ya bro

RandomToon- my well groomed man, I hope your troubles have passed and illnesses in family have gone. Take care my friend my no1 gunner. I am so goona miss our chatsLuvs u bro

Buff- Get your fat lazy chicken eating *** on xbox. Nah lol you stay right where you are.

Shammas-keep that dream alive buddy loved your guitar work.

Teapot-make it your mission to get mnc2 in the big leagues

Leo- Thanx for the present dude I am sorry I have not opened it yet to know what you got me.loved the diary on youtube.

so many other names I could write about and if I forgot you I am sorry but this morphine is amazing and as always I am a little fucked right now. Like I said I could write pages and pages. Like the 1st pms I hosted, or chrons pm marathon sessions, the h&s vs smellies battle, to wtfe party parties or even the custom pubs me and feedle used to run, guys I love you all (well most of you) and thanx for making every nite seem like a monday nite.

Hopefully you guys never get to read this soppy shite, but if ya do know at least I could say these things to you,hell there is 4 ways saturday could go, 1.they fix me up real nice, 2.i am paralized 3.i turn into a veggie4.well thats what this note is all about, Dont be sad, dont mourn, get together and have fun, party for me raise a glass for me and live life as it should be with love in your hearts and fire in your belly. And me playing shitty support ofc.

This is probably the hardest few hours I have ever had to spend with myself its now 6:15am and after many tears and presses of the morphine button I am drained, I so hope I speak to you all again but if I dont at least I said something that I feel I should say. You see you cant choose your family, but you can choose your friends and you guys choose me and that I cherish with everthing in me, I so wish I could have visited some of you guys on my adventures, but now I think of it I feel like I have known most of you my whole life, to me you just were not someone who I gamed with, you were my brothers my friends my councilers and most of all people who I could trust with my feelings.

Take care everyone and please dont be sad, party for me its what I want.

Gem aka Teri
    patema, xankar, leov1993 and 6 others like this.
  10. feedle

to put how he was in game chat was like we all met up at a bar and basically sat down.. cracked one open and had a good time. We would have our bar fights with people and we always had laughs no matter what.

What worried me the most about Teri though is he would just disapear and you wouldnt hear from him for days much like what happened with Leadlpmaster. We had a scare with lead where he left and scar
    Wow.. Im loss for words.. I will get a bottle of red. Not quite sure what it is and ill drink to you my friend. We are all playing together for you. As you would have wanted. Amen brother. And chaos knows he got ahold of me.

Rip
  11. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

To Gemicide.
    A donation will be made in Teri's name on behalf on the MNC community once I work out the details.

Attached Files:

12. leadlpmaster

leadlpmaster Active Member

That tears me up man, and only someone like you could do that. You were one of the best friends I could have ever asked for and it breaks my heart that I never got to meet you, but I sure as **** got to share some great memories with you, and what great memories they were. From the first time I ever got to chat with you, back when I didn't know 'what' from 'where', and to be honest, I'm not doing much better, lol. We didn't give a ****, and we knew it. We laughed, we played, we drank, and we were just ourselves, because that's who we were.

Honestly, through reading this and hearing about it, I still don't believe it. I keep thinking that if I turn on my Xbox, you'll be there and we'll be shootin' the **** for hours and hours all the while cracking jokes, chatting with the community, and just causing mayhem. I remember a long *** time ago, back when I first got into online gaming how I was a shy, nervous, well... fucker, lol. But then I got to meeting the people of the community, some of the big faces I guess, and eventually I found a group of guys who made me happy. A group of people that just let me say '**** you' to all my problems, and for hours and hours and hours, there wasn't anything else. Just you, me, everyone else, and time to kill.

I ******* miss you dude. I don't think you will ever come to know how highly I thought of you, how much you helped me through times that I couldn't do myself, and just how remarkable a human being you were. You weren't just some random face of someone that I'd blow to pieces and then move on from, you were a great friend and I, regardless of how many Mike's Hard I drink, no matter how many times I move, no matter how many cheap cigarette packets I can smoke in day, and no matter how hard I laugh in the future, I will never forget you buddy.

If there is an afterlife, and I get to go there someday if I'm not a gigantic enough *******, and I meet you there, I, me personally, will buy you a beer. Or whatever stupid **** they serve up there.

I love you man.
    alextrebek2les likes this.
  13. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

Man I can't believe that gem was able to do this for us. I can't even imagine being in that situation knowing that you might die and not being able to move your own body. I could hardly read that message without breaking down. I had @alektrebek2les over when I first read it and if I had been looking the other way he would of definetly seen tears rolling down my face. Reading everyone elses post to is just so hard to do, I have been trying my best to have fun on MNC these last couple of days but man i'm not going to lie it has been ******* hard.
  14. feedle

Well as gem wanted we need to think of the good things and be happy for him. Sta possitive like i told him through his marrige. There is light at the end of the tunnel and im sure hes watching over us in same way or form.

We need to be there for each other like he was for us and make each other happy. While we are all strangers we almost had this incident with lead when he disapeared that one day. We are all a family and all friends in some form.

Thats what gem was all about.. Turning a shitty day into a day of laughing so hard youd never forget it. Having a drink and a game witha few friends and enjoying life.

While we all have our lives and families where we live we have our online family which is always there. We dont all play xbox or mnc all the time but at times when we need to be there for each other we are there.

As for the tears i have them each day and im sure many of you do.. We need to think of the good things and think of him being there saying stuff like f... Feedle. Hey f.....kers.. And get wrecked!

You cant replace this man with a heart of gold but we can all learn from what this man did and follow in his footsteps to be a better person.
  15. 2wynbge

2wynbge Member

Damn, that completely sucks. Sorry for those of you that were close to him, only had a few conversations with Gem myself and it yet it was clear he was a diamond in the rough. Feedle - in the UK we usually refer to red wine as 'a bottle of red', same for white wine 'bottle of white'.
  16. feedle

Thank you ill look into it when i head to the falls. Its way too cold now -23celcius to go there. Ill grab a bottle of chardonay and have a talk with gem.
  17. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

Damn... this struck me like lightning... I'll give hearing to @leov1993 request and sticky this for you guys. You have my condolances.
    leov1993 and feedle like this.
  18. feedle

Thanks.
    Also gem got his wish.. Chaos read this.
    leov1993 likes this.
  19. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

I just read the letter, I haven't known Gem as I'm from the MNC PC-era, but I have tears running down my face as well. It's very relateable, and shows that even when you only know someone by online means, that person can mean so much to you (and other way around).
    squishypon3, feedle and leov1993 like this.
  20. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Man oh man what a letter.. When I heard about the letter we were all in a party chat and I was gonna read it than go eat. Once I read it I just lost my appetite.. them feels man. It just left me rather speechless. I'm writing the name of the beach down as well as the monkey place, and if I ever make my way out there you bet I'll be making some pitstops and take in some of the great spots our beloved british beast had enjoyed.

Such a great guy, and the world would certainly be a better place if we all just shared a bit of Gem's personality.

Now it might be selfish to say, but I feel such a responsibility to make this happen for gem. The selfish part is that I don't think I can do it. I've attempted NUMEROUS times to talk to plenty of Uberent staff on here, twitter, reddit, and other sites in regards to MNC. Heck, not even MNC 2 but their game that was already out and done. The majority of the responses I've received were dismissive, or simply stated they would get back to me but never have, despite the fact that I would attempt to follow up.

@Ekanaut had given me one good response though, but it's been a struggle to talk to anyone about MNC. Everyone seems like it's such a burden to talk about MNC on console, or it was the red headed step child of Uber. @scathis @neutrino @LennardF1989

It would certainly be wonderful if one of you guys could humor me into feeling better about honoring a friends wish. If not, that's absolutely fine as well. It's a business, not a charity and I understand that.

Also, to the MNC console community... If anyone feels like donating in honor of Gemicide, I would like to look into what we could for the place by pooling our money together instead of individually donating. I can't imagine what, whether it's adopting an animal or getting his name on an area or plaque. I forget who mentioned it but someone had volunteered @notgunkedcontrol to handle the collection of the money which I absolutely entrust. I don't mind doing it myself but GC had done an excellent job with the Secret Santa.
    naka333, leov1993 and feedle like this.