Question: Is there plan for T2 space?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by thedarkpumpkin, March 21, 2014.

1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I thought the idea is, the laser sattelite would be things that can kill, from directly overhead, one single target, and the microwave satellite does so little damage combat fabbers can easily repair but the cost/annoyance/stacking would eventually become a problem.

So both deployed differently, both effective nonetheless. Couldn't com-snipe with microwave satellite, could possibly com-harass. Best use would be over as many individual enemy entities as possible, like a base if stupidly left open, or a proxy or large army.
  2. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Ok, but what if I have 20? Or 200? Or 30,000?

How do they stack? Do the even?
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I'd assume they would have rough cost of an orbital laser. Thus, you wouldn't have more than 3-5 usually, and 3-5 would either apply dangerous yet repairable amount of damage if stacked, or could be better used spread out over different places to cover more enemies instead of the same ones.

Generally, if one doesn't have more than 5 laser sattelites or 5 nukes at a time, one would be hard pressed to get 5+ of these, or get 5 before another player simply got nukes or halleys. However, the concept the way it is, 1 would prove effective as a reuseable utility.
    igncom1 likes this.
  4. camycamera

camycamera Member

yes, i think it would be cool to get access to T2 orbital, you have an orbital fabber, who can then make a t2 orbital factory, but it can be only built in space, because it is a space station. that would be sweet. then you could make orbital bombers etc...
    tristanlorius likes this.
  5. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

I would like to see some sort of aircrafts capable to make short incursions in the Orbital layer. Not necessarily able to travel to an other planet, but capable to get closer to satellites and launch a high altitude missile, to take them down.

Or a high speed bomber capable to travel in the orbital layer for a while, which could allow it to travel faster and undetected or unaffected by the AA for a little while.

I also would like to see interplanetary ships, with the purpose to facilitate breaking into a planet turtled up by an opponent. Those should be very expensive and capable to attack air vehicles as well.

And then of course Dropships and the Unit Cannon, which we could perhaps consider T2 orbital, 'cos one doesn't really need those stuffs until he has to actually crack a planet.

From my ignorant point of view, Uber doesn't need to re-invent the wheel in order to infuse more variety in the Orbital game and giving it more depth. There are so many brilliant proposals on this forum alone!
  6. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Because bombers are so underpowered.
  7. carlorizzante

Perhaps right now, on medium and small size planets, I should agree with you.

But things will hopefully change on a larger scale.
  8. Geers

Geers Post Master General

The best solution is still making Peregrines AS/Orbital fighters and making Avengers orbital bombers. With relevant balances applied.
  9. carlorizzante

I agree at some degree. I proposed a limited Orbital role for the Peregrine months ago as well. That doesn't mean that there is no room for other typologies of air units.

Actually, there is so much room for improvements regarding the variety of units, in every compartment of the game, that it is scaring.
    vyolin and igncom1 like this.
  10. zurginator

zurginator Member

I think we need a T2 orbital factory instead of an orbital faber. It could be built by any T2 faber.

My opinion is solely based on the fact that launching units into space looks cooler, makes more sense, and makes it theoretically easier to fend off an orbital dominance. If you're in control of a planet but another team wins the orbital fight on that planet, you could launch Anchors from several factories and have some hope of winning the orbital fight back (assuming eco). At the moment it's MUCH more difficult as you have to go through the rather weak orbital fabbers first. It would also bring the capability of a player that lost orbital to still cripple the orbital production capabilities of another player if they won ground or air. This is similar to you being able to take out Air with land, land with air, and the like. At the moment Orbital largely revolves on it's own, and the only realistic counter is orbital. Yes there are Umbrellas, but they're like turrets or AA.