Question for Linux users

Discussion in 'Support!' started by jables, March 2, 2015.

1. letik

letik New Member

Hi,
    I'm on archlinux with open source drivers (Intel HD4000) and everything works fine (with --software-ui), except when I finished a game, I go back to the main menu and I have a black screen (I have to kill the game).

Thanks for paying attention for Linux users and remaining bugs, I following you for a long time, so thanks :) !
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, that's due to --software-ui (see the second post in this thread). There is a workaround though, which is to resize the window (or cycle between full screen/windowed with <Alt>+<Enter>).
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

@DeathByDenim, Alt Enter doesn't work in Ubuntu.... is there a way to rebind it to something else as the only option I've found to fix this in PA is to close it and relaunch it after each game (although I will say thanks to your launcher, that's pretty quick, unlike the uber launcher under windows which *insists* on spending 5 minutes verifying files every time lol).
  4. tekkenfreak

tekkenfreak New Member

I've just got the usual UI issues. Latest proprietary drivers on a Radeon HD 7770 don't actually draw the in-game ui unless I have --software-ui on, which is okay since the only issue I have with --software-ui beyond the black screen is that the galactic war scrolling is less than smooth. It'd be nice to get the UI hardware accelerated on Linux though..
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Oddly enough the hardware ui works on my r9 280, though its very prone to totally locking up, if I mange to get into a game fully loaded its fine. the stability problems are all when in menu and at game start....
  6. WaylanderPK

WaylanderPK Member

With the latest patch .79317 I'm getting the select bug that hasn't been a problem for a while. While playing the game at some random point (at least looks random to me) while drawing a select box the box disappears and the game refuses keyboard input. A little disappointing to say the least ;)
  7. jables

jables Uber Employee

Weird. I'll get them to take a look. Not sure why that one would have come back.
  8. WaylanderPK

WaylanderPK Member

Cool, and thanks again for looking at the Linux bugs. Uber have done a stellar job with this game.
    uggla88 likes this.
  9. dfanz0r

dfanz0r Active Member

I'm having a very similar issue where the game refuses all keyboard and mouse input that only started on the patch today(79317). Mine generally only starts happening when hovering over the build bar. Im finding no one on windows with this same issue.
  10. tekkenfreak

tekkenfreak New Member

Did you recently update your drivers? I started experiencing that problem right after I updated to the Omega drivers, went away when I dropped back down to the last version.
  11. WaylanderPK

WaylanderPK Member

No, haven't updated my drivers since January.
  12. stephen2002

stephen2002 New Member

I have a friend on Linux that has the select bug too. Happened quite a few times in the last round we just played; had to restart the client each time it happened. Makes the game unplayable.
  13. Jackbandanna

Jackbandanna Active Member

I have this same bug ever since the recent update. I'm constantly have to restart PA.exe because a few moments into many games everything is unselectable.

But I'm a Windows-7 user.
  14. tekkenfreak

tekkenfreak New Member

15. WaylanderPK

WaylanderPK Member

16. WaylanderPK

WaylanderPK Member

Before rolling back I tried PTE, still has the select bug. Going to try rolling back to previous amd 14.9
  17. tekkenfreak

tekkenfreak New Member

I actually hit the bug last night, so it doesn't seem that it actually stops the bug but rather makes it happen more rarely.
  18. user123abc

user123abc New Member

I filed a bug report about similar build menu issues:
    PA#4360

Is it the same bug you've got? I'm hoping it's just not me. I've never had a freeze due to the selection box, but I don't think I use drag-selection that often.

Also - before this bug came around, it was running great on Linux.
    uggla88 likes this.
  19. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

@dukyduke @Fistons - Are you using the default hotkeys or did you select keybindings and found they're not working?
  20. Fistons

Fistons New Member

I'm using the default hotkeys.