Pull host and go afk?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by IlliniJen, October 30, 2010.

1. Himicane

Himicane New Member

lolz
  2. IlliniJen

IlliniJen New Member

Unless your friends are on 9600 baud modems, staying online while afk so your friends can play on your host is a piss poor excuse. I'm sure their connections are fine. This rationalization is just silly.
  3. Himicane

Himicane New Member

1. If you played on my host you would understand.

2. If people really think I am doing it to boost, them I give uber permission to delete my stats, because frankly I don't do it to achieve stats. And if it got deleted, I would still do it for my friends. Thats all. I'll say again, I am not doing it to cheat or boost or any other stupid term people can use to describe me going AFK
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Personally I think you need at least a 24h ban but maybe that's just me. I have DSL and when I host players thank me for having a good connection when actually it's not. Sooo, yea.
  5. southsidesox24

southsidesox24 New Member

Why do you guys actually care? Only one of you has brought up the only legitimate argument, which is forcing your team to play a man down. So it seems that your reasoning for this is because his earnings are inflated (besides peachypony). On a online leaderboard. That is completely related to time spent playing and not skill. Why do you care again? Are there special prizes that I do not know about that you get?

Lets relate it to an argument that your little group likes to use on a regular basis. If you don't like it, you can leave the game. This is no different than being stuck in a game with a group of pubstompers on the other team. Grow some balls (in cases where this is possible) and suck it up.
  6. DeadStretch

Why do I care? Well because it has become a pattern that plenty of players are starting to do and not just ones who are the host.

[Edit]
    It's kind of annoying that 4 out of 5 games has idle players. Quitting a game only to join another one with the same issue is pretty pointless.
  7. southsidesox24

So you think Himicane has the power to directly influence how many other gamers are acting online? Damn Himi, you're way more important than I originally thought.
  8. DeadStretch

If that's what you got from reading that then I don't know what to say.
  9. southsidesox24

Hmmm, lets look at the chain of reasoning here.
    You: Himi needs a 24 hour ban.
    Me: Why?
    You: Because lots of people go idle in games.

You probably meant that all idle people should get 24 hour bans. Never mind the specious reasoning for a bit given that there is no effective way to measure who is doing this on purpose or any extraneous factors. I say you are right, and we should extend this to teams that are pub-stomping. 24 hour bans for all of you I say.
  10. DeadStretch

Lets not get irrational now. Not to mention that wasn't the exact question you asked. Besides the sentence that followed the question also had nothing to do with the said person.
  11. southsidesox24

I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to here. Am I being irrational for saying all idle players should get 24 hour bans, or pub-stompers should get 24 hour bans? And are you referring to the sentence following me asking why you guys actually care?
  12. DeadStretch

That was towards the "pub-stompers." Sorry for not making that point clear.
  13. southsidesox24

I dunno, I actually see a lot of parallels between the two. One team is at a decided advantage, and the person performing the behavior that is deemed offensive (pub-stomping, idling) is not doing it to actively lessen the fun of others involved, they are doing it because it adds more fun for them (playing with friends, having host whenever you want). Given how big a problem host migrating was and still can be, I don't fault Himi for doing this at all. I also don't lag at all when he is host, and this is when he lives over half of the United States away from me. In regular pub games, I frequently have to disconnect because the lag is so bad that I fall off the edges of the map for no reason.
  14. Himicane

Himicane New Member

Truth
  15. hellkingcqh

hellkingcqh New Member

you can get host when ever you want you dont have to have it givin to you thank you vary much so that isnt a good point to make as for himi all i can say is that you can go afk all you want with your friends but why? do they need you as host. Im sure ppl have better conn. then you out there somewhere that are active.
  16. Himicane

Himicane New Member

Nope. I ping between 2-5 ms all the time. On a private connection.
  17. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

You must not make people rage quit as much as we do
  18. cutecakes

cutecakes Member

Why would people do this? Do they think they are dedicated servers? :lol:
  19. TG GHOSTMERC

TG GHOSTMERC New Member

nice try dismissing the point. i dont care what your intentions are the fact you pull host means your stats aren't accurate compared to others thus your not as good as you think you are. btw nowhere in your first post that i qouted did you mention your reason for pulling host. why is that? i smell dishonesty. anyway keep telling yourself whatever you need to make yourself feel good. it's ok man you dont have to be loved by everyone to have self worth no seriously. lol
  20. DeadStretch

I didn't mention my reason for "pulling host" simply because I don't. I just hit that little 'Quick Match' option.