PTE Stream: 73687, now with 100% more offline mode

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, October 9, 2014.

1. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

it would be cool if the local server could use more cores, It dosent seem to scale that well with more cores than 4 it seems. I have max 30-35 % usage while playing on this build.
    warrenkc likes this.
  2. gatokatcha

gatokatcha New Member

Thx
  3. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

That 'Iwmiked' commander was obviously made with the Madcat from Mechwarrior as reference material :D Looks sweet
  4. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

I have seen commanders getting stuck several times now.
    My own commander got stuck in between two building.
  5. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Yes, I agree. I wonder if there is a command line switch?
    FSN1977 likes this.
  6. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

We can try all the new commanders in the offline PTE :)

Attached Files:

7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Just got crash on planet collision:
    Suppose would be also cool to add some difference (E.G "SERVER" and "CLIENT" instead of "INFO") between client and server console output. :oops:

PS: Did anyone managed to bypass 16 planets in-game limit?
    Or is this still hardcoded on client-side somehow?

At moment I only get client crash when try to generate more than 16 moons:
    Code:
    Too many virtual textures allocated
    Dump written to /tmp/200df589-cefc-8ce6-5696d915-203f9dc2.dmp
    CrashID=bp-f39c6a96-bd22-4469-8b46-ae2102141009
    Last edited: October 9, 2014
  8. byte01

byte01 Member

Assuming this is log4net or the OS specific pendant you should be able to configure this. INFO is most likely the log level, not the log source, that's usually a thread or something, but should be configurable.
  9. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I'm not aware there is way to switch any logging levels in PA. And I do understand it's not log source, but I mean PA pass both Coherent Host and server ouput to console. Coherent just have different log format, but server and client use same one.

So hopefully devs might add some info to identify source of line. :)
  10. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

The pathfinding still isn't 100%, i did an planet-wide area patrol with 2000 dox (because i can now!) and the edges of factories and specific cracks on a metal planet still caused the dox to get stuck.

1.jpg
    elodea and FSN1977 like this.
  11. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Yeah Still need some tweaking, commanders also tend to get stuck.
  12. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

After a bit did they get unstuck?
  13. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

yes but it took a long time
  14. xkjq

xkjq New Member

UI is still bugged under linux, can take a couple of F5's before it actually loads (though it does seem to most of the time now).

Otherwise definitely a step in the right direction.
  15. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Hmm anyone having issues with Chronocam in offline mode?
  16. dionytadema

dionytadema Active Member

does it totally crash the UI like it did to me in the previous PTA?, in that case yes i have problems with the cronocam too
  17. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

havent seen this bug before, sadly I didnt take a SS
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

meh, can that be changed in the near future?
  19. carnilion

carnilion Member

found several pathfinding bugs, all mentioned above already. main issue is since many patches, i dont know it this is the right place, link me thread if its not right here :)
    i like to fight the ai, and have some problems with its behavior :
    - ai building nice armies, but is not using them, meaning large groups of units more or less only patrolling around the base (i remember old build where the ai send a continous stream of units against my defences and attacking the towers with adv air very nicely overwhelming everything i build back then), or if something makes an attack and you destroy a few units the whole army retreats instead of dealing as much dmg as possible/destroying the defence so the next wave destroys factories/eco.
    - if you attack such base from a side where no army is atm, it will NOT send the armys there and defend it, even worse, the commander walks out and tries to defend, witch is a 100% suicide mission even in mid-game. he does it also in lategame surviving only seconds
    - second commander issue : have another planet, in much cases the commander is send there, from the savety of a well defended base to the moon where he dies very fast, or 2 (or more, have seen 3 max till now) commanders get send to same spot nearly same time resulting in an instant loss for 1 ai because the other shoots down the astareus
    - ai likes nukes....nothing to blame here, who doesnt....the problem is : it tends to waste enormous resources on building them even if its not a multi-planet-nuke-only-game. resulting in getting behind army production and being rly weak (also it builds them way too soon, making many games nuke-shootouts which is sadly boring, maybe nukes to cheap by factor 5..10?)
    - second nuke issue : ai tries to get your commander with nukes, so build anti-nuke installation, get 2 adv fabber to support, set your commander next to it to rest and you are save....making the resource waste on nukes even worse
    - the ai is not rly able to do multi-planet-fights. its strategy is to build as much nukes as possible and fire them (mostly to enemy commander again). it tries to build teleporters, but i never have seen the ai sending a large army to another world, it tries to build a base there and send only very few units

edit: everything seen with max difficulity setting for ai
    tollman and draiwn like this.
  20. jonathanstey

jonathanstey Member

PA says that offline server isn't recommand for my pc while I'm using a zbook 17 with 8 gb of ram and 4 cores. (I7)