PTE Stream: 70243

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, August 8, 2014.

1. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

Dox get stuck inside terrain features, appearantly they push eachother in there or someting. I really like what im seeing balance wise sofar. 2 small things i noticed in these few games, dox see toofar. 150 is toomuch but its better then what it was. Also underwater dox are really fast. I think its awesome, but they should slow down so that they behave more like under waterpressure or something. Just my eager and early toughts of the PTE.
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Here is something I missed: yes, the basic naval card is gone, but all commanders have it by default.

Meanwhile, I think that with the multi-planet start systems in the default system generation, some commanders will be unable to win (not having orbital) unless the AI commander is kind enough to visit their planet. It was possible with boss systems before, but at least you could keep fighting minions in hopes of getting a basic factory so you could build the launcher. I suppose once you learn the biome patterns (e.g. earth, moon, moon) of those systems you could try to avoid them as well, but it won't always be possible.
  3. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Everyone has basic orbital - launcher and Astraeus. Everything else is on a card, so it shouldn't be possible to get an unwinnable system just due to loadout.
    Remy561 and cptconundrum like this.
  4. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

For a given definition of 'unwinnable' ;)
    corteks likes this.
  5. garat

Hey, what you do with the tools at hand is up to you. ;)
  6. wondible

Yes, but not everybody has basic fabricators to build said orbital launcher.
  7. garat

Well yah. If you explicitly do with a loadout and tech selection that doesn't allow for any basic level factories, and assuming you'll always have single starting location systems, you may be able to hose yourself. But you've really gotta be trying at that point.
    Remy561 and drewsuser like this.
  8. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I thought you always started with a basic vehicle factory and fabricator as a minimum?
    drewsuser likes this.
  9. garat

I thought so too, but I haven't had coffee yet, and there are some start of war loadouts you unlock that I think may change that up a bit. Just can't remember without going in and looking about exactly what limits it can create.
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  10. mot9001

Guys, if you smash a planet, sometimes there is no crater and all units going over this ghosttown instandly explodes. There is discussion if the explody part of this is a bug or a feature. Can someone explain please what it is?
  11. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I can only say that units die even if crater appear so I suppose it's intended behaviour.
  12. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

A planet smash in the past destroyed the whole planet. Now they are proportional. Since that was added the area around and in the crater has been instant death zone if you try to get close to it. The only thing I would call a definite bug is that no crater was generated in our game.
  13. mot9001

aight thanks man. Is there a permanent deadzone or is it set for a certain amount of time?
  14. wondible

Specifically, artillery and combatcdr (BACON) could be out-of-luck on the common 2-player system with two starting moons (I don't know the rest that well yet), depending on whether the AI spawns on the same planet. Since everybody has naval now, they could manage on a planet with water.
  15. aevs

aevs Post Master General

I haven't played galactic war on the PTE yet, but I do know that if you chose the orbital start in live, you would not have any factories available to build besides the orbital factory (unless you get tech for them).
    (For the record, in galactic war the commander is able to build orbital launchers, you don't need T1 fabbers.)
  16. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Love the galactic war changes!! Will try the PTE later today.

Also, doesn't making the SXX available to everyone do nothing unless you have orbital fabbers?
  17. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

We're leaving pathing the way it is. Adds a skill gap.

C'mon man. We're working on it.
    NERDsEd, aevs, ArchieBuld and 14 others like this.
  18. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Oh cool, the naval models for structures are back! :D
    optimi likes this.
  19. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

The sarcasm in this thread is over the top. We might explode garat's poor head.

=D
  20. garat

This build is not gonna be ok to push live. The combination of units getting pushed into CSG brushes, and selecting groups with a stuck unit not accepting move orders is just too frustrating. We're working on fixes.