PTE Stream: 69411

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, July 24, 2014.

1. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

The filter is the problem. It presents a new player with the idea that modded games are mysterious and not the norm, because they are hidden by default. A further side effect is to make the list of servers appear smaller than it is. @thetrophysystem isn't suggesting it's literally hidden, rather that for the average player, out of site is out of mind, and modded games may as well not exist for those people. A simple change of the default setting, and an easy way to tell modded games apart from non-modded one, and the issue is solved - and it is an issue, because mods determine the longevity of a game. TA wouldn't still be around if it wasn't moddable.

The default filter for those attributes is "any", or "no min - no max". Yet modded games are specifically filtered out. The lack of a default filter says that those attributes don't need to be differentiated, whereas modded games do, for hopefully obvious reasons.
    nanolathe likes this.
  2. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

With PIP open I have some strange light and FoV flickerings, lights from power plants etc. I tried to use that mirroring mode.

Framerate lowers quite a bit when looking with different zoom, from 140 to 70. Guess from that is from objects or textures popping in.

AI on hard gave me an awesome battle!! Good work Sorian!!! I really needed to control the entire planet before I got his commander. He kept escaping and killing my vehicles since that was all I had in my galactic war.

Only somehow my victory screen didn't show and the buttons in the bottom right corner didn't work either. When I pressed escape and opened chronocam there it did open chronocam, but the game crashed when I pressed the 30 seconds back button a lot.

Searching for my games with the replay tab tells me that it fails to get the list.
    Last edited: July 24, 2014
  3. neewwt

neewwt New Member

I'm on Linux; the interface remains broken. Using latest git of both mesa and xf86-video-intel, xserver 1.16, no dedicated GPU.

The "mouse cursor fix" mod apparently doesn't work anymore, and while --software-ui initially works, it's bugged too:
    • Sometimes the "start annihilation" button does not appear at all (resizing the window doesn't help either),
    • other times the interface just stops reacting to any input (the game continues normally otherwise, the cursor icon continues to change appropriately too, but clicking just doesn't do anything anymore).
  4. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

On Linux I had it happen that when I tried to rectangle select a group of bomb bots the game didn't register me releasing my mouse button and after that it didn't react to any input except for me being able to zoom in and out using the mousewheel and me being able to place yellow dots on the planet by left-clicking.
    Mouse cursor was changing the way it should and the selection rectangle was following my mouse everywhere.
    F5 didn't do anything.

I have issues like these quite frequently on Linux but I don't recall having them on Windows.
  5. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

The new Galactic War UI is buggy and laggy as hell. I can't scroll up in the Active Wars tab if I scroll down, I have to press tab to highlight an element at the top to get back up. I think because I have a lot of active wars, they're escaping from their position and covering the HOW TO PLAY and GO TO WAR buttons. I still can't delete or remove the wars from the lists. PA is using an obscene amount of CPU power in the GW most menus.

On the topic of Galactic War, not having the Stinger in the bot factory is really screwing things up for some loadouts because you can end up really limited on AA options. I want to have my loadout/card mod start with only a bot or vehicle factory, with no defences, but I can't do that because the player could end up with no AA.

[​IMG]
  6. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Coincidently, I've just spent a little time with in-game mods off to verify this and get screenshots; OS X 10.9.4 Intel HD 5000. It actually seems to a number of shader related issues; toggling PIP affects orbital lines, strategic icon order, FoW, and poles

Poles, PIP off:

Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 09.15.17 .png

Poles, PIP on:

Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 09.15.29 .png

For FoW distance matters; PIP or or off:

Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 09.17.53 .png

FoW, PIP on, zoomed in

Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 09.18.06 .png

FoW, same zoom, PIP off:

Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 09.18.15 .png

FoW, intermediate zoom, PIP on; vision radius flickers, and units that have it often have less than normal.

Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 09.18.30 .png

Separately, I got a commander-located even though I only had him on radar. Maybe the satellite got a flyover on entry?

Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 08.56.42 .png
  7. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

I doubt that the issue is with my computer as it has the following specs:

- An Intel Xeon Quad Core 3.1 GHZ CPU;

- An Nvidia GTX 760 with 2 GB of VRAM;

- and 16 GB of system RAM.

All of these specs meet or exceed the recommended requirements for the game, and I still get game lag, sim lag, and server lag. If I recall correctly, PA has multi-core support?

EDIT: Forgot to mention sim lag.
  8. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

If it was sim lag you would see something lower than 10 on the sim performance screen. That was all I was saying. When you took the screen shot that wasn't the issue, becuase it says 10.

I actually played a PTE with many more units than you are showing (I think it was about 1000ish scout plans). And it wasn't causing an issue.
  9. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

I was playing on a four planet system when the lag occurred. Maybe I need to reduce the number of planets in my system?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I had all settings on Uber. (virt. texture on high, FXAA enabled, Ambient Occlusion is on, etc.)
  10. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

I was playing on a 4 planet system as well when we had 1000+ units easy. (2x 250, 2x 650)

This sounds like your problem. Try adjusting them to something more reasonable. You have a nice graphics card but it isn't the best by far.
  11. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

When planet smash is happening the camera zooms to the sun, dosent allow the pleasur seeing the Planet getting smashed
  12. wafletofles

wafletofles Member

In this build, when I died, I could not select players to spectate. The button where the eye should have appeared refused to work.
  13. BallsonFire

BallsonFire Active Member

It seems to me that Uber has to postpone the push to the Galactic War build. I wish Uber a happy bug squashing time! :eek:
  14. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Modding question: Did something change with the way Mousetrap gets initialized? I have some mod code that runs fine in stable and I can verify that the Mousetrap bind is happening and working correctly in PTE, but sometime after my code runs something is resetting the mousetrap binds.
  15. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

I just want to say wow. This build is so awesome!
    vorell255 likes this.
  16. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

I haven't had this experience at all. Are you sure you didn't hit space bar or something? I have smashed 5+ planets with this version of PTE and have had no issues watching them hit.
  17. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

How is your internet connection? Posting your dxdiag may help us see if there is anything else that could cause problems.
  18. SXX

SXX Post Master General

As broken do you only mean cursor/icons problem, right?

Just wonder. Did you installed cursor fix as mod or just by editing JS?

Also can you please make sure there is no Coherent processes running in the background?
    Before often problem with cursor fix was caused by fact that it's using certain UI debug port (9999) which was blocked by previous Coherent instance that remain running.

I don't have any of those problem when running game on AMD HD6950 with "--software-ui". Though on Intel It's looks like I have some pretty bad problems with both Google Chrome and Coherent, but not yet sure why.

It's UI crash, partial or full one. Actually such crashes appear on all platforms, but quite randomly. :(
  19. liltbrockie

liltbrockie Active Member

Vehicle fabbers get stuck between factories when building long rows.
    Simulation performance is still bad for 400+ units when moving them around... and area patrol on 400+ units = forget about it its not gonna happen!
    Air wreckages are still hanging in the air.
  20. wondible

wondible Post Master General

There is a new hook to reload keybindings - as far as I can tell in stable you have to manually muck with the keybinding data structures if you want to add new bindings at mod-time.

Code:
        var reload = $.Deferred();
        input_maps_reload = reload.promise();

globalHandlers['inputmap.reload'] = function() {
            input_maps = create_input_maps();
            reload.notify(input_maps);
        };

As for resets, this looks suspicious:

Code:
    active_dictionary.subscribe(function () {
        Mousetrap.reset();
        Mousetrap.bind(active_dictionary(), 'keydown');