PTE Stream: 69306

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, July 22, 2014.

1. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Did some more testing on the bluehawk transport thing. What I've noticed:
    • They will only fire from orbit if they've made at least 1 interplanetary move (it therefore does not work on single planet systems)
    • They will fire approximately at targets, usually missing them. When firing at a commander for instance, their missiles would almost always fall short of hitting it by 4 or 5 meters. It appears as though the missiles lose their tracking ability.
    • Once they've come fairly close to entering the air layer (either from a special move or unload command), the missiles they fire seem to regain their tracking abilities.
    Another thing; all move orders given to astreauses will move them back to the orbital layer. They cannoy be moved around in the air layer, they can only be lowered and raised from it. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if it's intentional though.

EDIT:
    Also, to prove that this spacehawk issue really could be exploitable with the accuracy gain on transfer, I give you Spacehawks 2: Revenge of the SPACE
    Last edited: July 22, 2014
    cptconundrum, Remy561, SXX and 4 others like this.
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

You need to use "special move" to move them in teh air layer.
  3. aevs

aevs Post Master General

This doesn't work for moving them around in the air layer, at least not in this build. It seems to make them rise to the orbital layer, move over the place you told them to go, and descend back into the air layer at that location.
  4. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Hey garat, this is pretty minor, but instead of making a new thread every time the PTE update (or almost every time, at least) could you do something like you do with the normal builds? I want to be able to easily follow the PTE builds by watching the thread, rather than spamming F5. :p

Not a huge deal if you don't though, just a suggestion.
  5. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Odd...

In other news there's no reason that I can find for Statera to be broken in the PTE.
  6. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

• Updated command bar icons and cursors
    • New command bar icon: link gate
      upload_2014-7-22_17-31-4.png
    • "Labels for two focus settings changed"
      • Show Focus > Show Order Previews
      • Focus Behavior > Order Preview Behavior
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  7. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Uhm, wasn't "Ripper" the name for the Cybran T4 gunship?
  8. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

I get this as well. Attatched my DxDiag if it helps.

Attached Files:

9. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Soulripper :)
  10. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

It would be good to have the in-game timer start ticking from 00:00 when the commander lands and is selectable, and not when the map is generated. Currently the new stats are getting rather skewed by the random amount of time as people select spawns and then the commander lands etc...
    aevs likes this.
  11. SXX

SXX Post Master General

It's likely result you waited for. Month old it's pretty normal for current stable drivers.
  12. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

No, no.
    I mean the drivers went back a month, as in, instead of being from August 2012, they were from July 2012.
  13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Oh... Then you might remove them via Device Manager till driver become "Standard Vga Graphics Adapter". This might take multiple removals/reboots.

You can as well try Driver Sweeper:
    http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/guru3d-driver-sweeper.html
    But be careful and only remove AMD one.
  14. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

The current stable version amd drivers is 14.4, the beta version (14.7) does not work on windows 8, you'd need to upgrade to 8.1 in order to download those.

make sure you are getting them from here
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows 8 - 64#amd-catalyst-packages
  15. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I am finding myself unable to load custom systems, when I click browse and select the system, it returns to the lobby, but the icon for the system is replaced with a little temp icon, the buttons disappear and the player slots are gone as well. The leave button still responds so its not a freeze.
  16. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

If these are old custom systems, try making new ones. Because of a large number of changes to celestial, old custom systems may have broken (though should not see the behavior you're describing). Let us know if it's just old custom systems, or all systems. And make sure you have no mods on when testing, please!
  17. suketchi

suketchi Member

In this build, the assist issue with the fabbers is still there. It seems, in the code is missing a "if, else variable", because if a fabber is building and you send him a second fabber which is far away from his position to assist, it will only move when the assisted fabber is not building a thing.

You can reproduce it very simple.
    Send a fabber far away and make him build a line of walls, then send him fabbers to assist him. It will take a lot of time until the fabbers arrive there. (Only air fabbers will arrive very quickly, but they have the same issue.)
    Last edited: July 22, 2014
  18. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Also, patrolling fabbers seem to be broken. When they approach something they should be able to assist, they will instead continue patrolling, but their movement will constantly stutter while they are in range of it.
  19. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

FINAL UPDATE: After way too many attempts I think I'm just gonna let AMD win this one and deal with the crappy nuke 'splosion.

I'm planning on upgrading in the near future anyway. I'll be sure to go with Nvidia when I do.
    pieman2906, cwarner7264 and optimi like this.
  20. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

OSX 10.9.4:
    • perf stats still show in in PIP if displayed
    • performance has improved since last couple of PTE builds (which was worse then main)
    • client seems much more stable
    General
    • lots of issues with fabbers not assisting
    • pathing issues with units stuck and unable to move especially on desert biome
    Please fix the OSX quit application defect...

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'backgroundWindows not nil in enterFullScreenTransitionWithOptions:animated:activatingIt:'
    terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=3663