PTE Stream: 68079

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, June 26, 2014.

1. trialq

trialq Post Master General

No mods.
    • Multiplayer build bar, using the hotkeys I can bring up the blueprints for things the selection can't build, but obviously they don't build them
    • Galactic war build bar not showing, as described by others

edit: Video is 720p as that's all i can record. It's just the same at 1080p.
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

3. taurminatarr

taurminatarr New Member

Just bought Pa off steam and after downloading and installing getting following error

Could not contact the Steam client, Is it running?

Attached Files:

4. Paappa

Paappa Member

I got that f5 refresh Turbo mode again at 27 minute mark against single AI. as previously UI got stuck and build menus didnt appear. (UI crash might have something to do with adv. bot or orbital fab.) I hit f5 and performance went up from ~28 to 40+ fps. No appearant glitches apart black box cursor. I played that fluid game like 5 mins and build menus disappeared again. When I pressed F5 again, coherent crashed.... So no Uber Mode :(

I managed to take some screenshots. I took shots some from replay too, where performance was as usual and put them side by side.

Randomly generated system. small desert planet and tiny desert moon. ID 11997972147796164990

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: June 28, 2014
  5. freelikegnu

freelikegnu Member

Garat,
    What steps can I take to get useful bugreports to Uber for PA on Linux, coherent_ui in particular?
    this seems to be what I am experiencing, I have put in my vote and posted what I could:
    http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=2617
    and looks also like
    http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=2392

many thanks for your help

6. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Adding details to those sorts of bug reports is the most helpful. SXX in particular has been helping us a lot on tracking down Linux (and many other) issues, so keeping bugs as up to date with as much useful logging and system information as possible is the best way to help us get these bugs squished.
    wondible likes this.
  7. wondible

I'm seeing health bars on buildings and commanders but not mobile units. I've hovered a unit to verify that it was in fact damaged.
  8. wondible

Strategic icons with advanced mex have flickering borders. If I had to guess, I'd say that the basic and advanced are getting assigned to layers randomly.

After building from an advanced factory (vehicles in this case), the basic build bar (at least basic vehicles and utility) was offset such that it had more rows than it used to. For instance, a basic vehicle factory had the basic fab in position 7 (by visual appearance), moving forward as normal with the AA vehicle wrapping around to position 11. Rest of the cells empty.
  9. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Just tried to start a GW game. Even after a refresh the build bar wouldn't show up.....it works fine in normal AI games launched from the lobby. :D
  10. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Same here, with or without any mods, even after resetting all parameters to default :(

EDIT : Seems it was also reported earlier here
  11. jonthanhogg

jonthanhogg New Member

As noted already, CoherentUI failing on OS X still. However, I spotted this at the end of the log:

That crashupload command call is failing. I checked it out and the execute bit(s) are missing from the file. Is that a deliberate disable? Anyways, I added them and ran it manually to upload the dump file. Don't know if that's useful to you or not.
  12. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

That's a bug in hotbuild2 so don't use it for GW. Will fix eventually.
  13. omegaplex

omegaplex New Member

I'm not so sure that it's exclusive to Hotbuild2. I am having the same problem in GW on a fresh install and no mods.
  14. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

I have it aswell without mods so it probably isn't related to Hotbuild.
  15. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

Could be there are definitely some things missing in live_game.js in GW that are there in normal multiplayer mode.
    Well that's why it's PTE :)
  16. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

multi-threading!!!!!!!!! :D
  17. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

For MacOS if you want to play the current PTE build then you'll need to increase your max open files.
  18. iacondios

iacondios Active Member

I've seen some occasional instances where selecting a factory does not bring up the build bar. I need to deselect and reselect it for the build bar to appear.
    EDIT: Just started a game with a bunch of AIs to try and test lots-o-unit lag, but my mouse cursor turned into the nefarious black box, and shortly afterwards I became unable to summon a build bar from fabbers, factories, or commander - even after deselect and reselect. A long waiting period did not bring it up either. No mods, of course. Pressing F5 fixed the problem.
    Last edited: July 1, 2014
  19. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

20. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I had a list of bugs I was going to report here, and then I forgot where I put the list. Be back soon with more.....

BUT BEFORE I GO.

Building placement is seriously screwy. It lets me shift queue buildings in places it shouldn't, then erases them from the queue when it realizes it just cannot place the building.