PTE Stream: 68079

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, June 26, 2014.

1. killzone5017002

killzone5017002 Active Member

Thanks for your insight, I too have a six core. Will it improve our frame rates or even system sizes though?
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

mods off? I'd bet gw loadouts and gw speedfix and gw decks would cause this.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Latest PTE build still won't start a game for me.

The game start countdown timer counts down from 5, and then... nothing happens. The music keeps on playing, but the game doesn't start and the UI becomes unuseable.

Edit: And I still get the "application quit unexpectedly" error every time I quit.
  4. Paappa

Paappa Member

Good job Uber! UI lag is gone for me finally.

In GW commanders build menu does not appear. In multiplayer against AI it does.

Loading a game and planet generation seems to take longer than previously.

In one game my build menu and box selection got stuck, and I got that black square cursor again. I pressed F5 to fix it and my game suddenly went on a TURBO MODE (black cursor remained as usual), my fps jumped from usual ~30fps to 60! When I pressed F5 PiP flickered on and off for a sec and than went normal (I usually keep it off). I have yet to reproduce it again. I suspect some of the optimization might have kicked in that doesn´t normally work. I didnt notice any missing or weird graphics. It was on small forest planet with lava moon against AI.

edit: gf settings were on low preset. No mods. Replay ID: 17037516760484629494

Attached Files:

Last edited: June 27, 2014
  5. wondible

wondible Post Master General

You can never prove a negative, but so far I haven't had a Coherent crash.
  6. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

Almost definitely, at least late game.

I depends on what your bottleneck is though. If you have a slower graphics card, you may be limited on how much it speeds up.

I'm running an AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @2.8 GHz, AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB on Uber grsphics. I can now do thousand unit area patrols on a multiple planet system, without dropping below 20 fps. It's beautiful.

same thing on stable would have dropped me to 5 fps. If it didn't just outright crash.

Those people on dual core processors won't notice as much of an improvement, but since most machines used for gaming are at least quad cores, this will really help performance.
    FSN1977 likes this.
  7. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Known issues. There's something going on with Coherent, and we're still trying to track it down.
    freelikegnu and ArchieBuld like this.
  8. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

On the EU servers and on my slightly-average laptop the game runs at a solid 30fps on Uber settings. Mad props to all you, Uber.
  9. brianpurkiss

Please hurry!

PA is unplayable for me and has been unplayable for weeks now.
    freelikegnu likes this.
  10. garat

Unfortunately, this is a little out of our hands. We're working on it, but we need a new build of Coherent to fix it. The coherent guys were working on it till 3AM Saturday morning their time.
  11. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Any chance that it's will fix "BadAccess" on Linux too?

I suppose Linux issue a lot less annoying (e.g because it's not crash every minute at least), but still game breaking. :(
  12. brianpurkiss

Thanks for the hard work guys. :)
  13. garat

SXX, if you haven't already, get me a detailed bug. I'll get
    Morgen to investigate. May already be fixed, but want to be sure.
  14. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

15. Corang

Corang Well-Known Member

As I don't have a mac I have no clue where they would be, but look for the coherent UI logs
  16. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Would be happy to provide any useful info on that, but all I have it's just Coherent crash on Linux (PA#2392). There number related issues reported for Chromium, but they all really old and workarounds provided there don't work.
    I tried to run game with "--coherent-log-level=TRACE" and there nothing useful in output. :(

As far as I understand main Coherent process crash for some reason, e.g here is my dmesg output:
    Really Linux thingy, but anyway.

Seriously problems of Linux and Mac builds appear in same time, but they're different and likely unrelated.
  17. mikeyh

That's why I edited the post ;-)
  18. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I know some Linux guys will call me lucky, but for me easier way to reproduce BadAccess error is this one:
    1. Go in-game.
    2. Land on planet.
    3. Start to resize PA window quite fast.
    And Coherent crashes just like it randomly do in middle of game.
  19. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

My UI lag is completely and utterly gone.

Thank you.

[​IMG]
    FSN1977 likes this.
  20. mikeyh

Are PTE builds restricted on MacOS to specific OS versions or hardware specs?

On my older test laptop with MacOS X 10.10 (14A261i) Yosemite Developer Preview 2 the launcher does not show the PTE stream.