PTE Stream: 65240

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, May 2, 2014.

1. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

Possibly. However I have had repetitive issues with pathfinding ever since mid April.
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

this is a suggestion, not a bug, aye? I say this, because alpha went through until gamma without multi planet spawns at all, and it wasn't a really longterm bug, it was wip.
  3. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

I just finished a comp stomp and...

Ummm, about orbital... Ya, about that.....
    orbital lol.jpg
    And they just kept going and going and going. Seems to happen when you build them on top of each other.

The other thing that stands out is that when I try to double click to order a move out of formation command (or most move commands) that units refused to respond unless I clicked right next to them....
  4. Antiglow

Antiglow Well-Known Member

I think it actually is more of a bug or missing core feature that should have been implemented when multi planet spawns became live. It did not matter when we did not have multi planet spawns because single planet spawns were/are mostly fair. I don't really care about a "team limit" or a "team spawn" I just think we need a player limit to ensure that multi planet spawns are fair. Because currently there is no way to limit the number of players on a planet and that makes it next to impossible without having all the players say where they are going to spawn before the match (refer below to see why that is a bad solution) to have a balanced game, thus making multi-planet spawns a nonviable and unfair game type.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  5. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

even the orbital Factory AND the Metal chang AND the Archor attacking ground unit in the main game!?!?
  6. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

Is it possible to get this build on mac??
  7. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Well it didnt pass, too many bugs, but I assume it will be released next week.
  8. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Yes, just don't build an orbital factory because it crashes the client.

Download the launcher. You have to go into options and enable the PTE stream, then change to the stream and download everything.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  9. thetrophysystem

10. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

Thank you very much, i've been looking for ages and you just made my life a lot easier :D
    Last edited: May 4, 2014
  11. superouman

superouman Post Master General

I have a crash when I watch a replay of a game played on the stable build.
    I am 75% sure it happens when a vehicle factory starts building. I didn't test if a mod a causing it. I didn't have time to run more tests.

I'll search more tomorrow and edit this post.

I didn't have any issue when watching a game played in the PTE.
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Could you link the replay that causes the crash?
  13. obiwantoby

obiwantoby New Member

More often than other builds, the units tend to 'just stop' when performing a move command. Kind of odd.
    warrenkc likes this.
  14. iacondios

iacondios Active Member

I was really excited to find area build commands for umbrellas and anti-nukes for even planetary coverage.. until I found the build pattern did this:
    Area build - Umbrella.jpg
    A similar thing happens with Anti Nukes. I found that the relative endpoint of your cursor to the start affects the pattern a bit, shown in the following two images with the start in the bottom left corner:
    Area build - AntiNuke.jpg Area build - AntiNuke2.jpg
    I think what needs to happen is that the cluster at the far end of the net needs to turn into just one building. EDIT: On a second look. in the umbrella image the last complete ring has umbrellas rather close together.
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
  15. superouman

The next step for this feature is to drag the mouse out of the planet like to area build like metal extractors. It would create a grid of building who have the area build type: circle with a regular spacing.
    The same would apply for area build type: line and build a circle all around the planet.
  16. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

ooooo

This....this will make turtling so much easier.

I hate Turtling.
  17. superouman

I edited my spaced-out turret mod to get this building behavior but i didn't update it in the public version.

And you can already do it yourself in the stable build anyway, it just take more time and more micro.
  18. thetrophysystem

That is NEVER a good reason to argue against a UI addition. UI additions will be a thing via player mod if not vanilla, so SOMEONE will have this. The game should accomodate it, because it isn't optional, it is just more secludedly broken otherwise.

FYI, I already mostly used the orbital shell grid to place spaced out buildings, it just costed me 1 minute to do something I can now do in 5 seconds.

ADD THIS AREA BUILD FOR ANCHORS! (then nerf anchors to be reasonable)
    Quitch and thelordofthenoobs like this.
  19. aevs

aevs Post Master General

That does seem a bit weird. If it'd be feasible, an icosphere-like arrangement would definitely be better. That's got me thinking; what is the range of an umbrella? If it's a capsule or spherical, then the range as painted on the terrain is probably a poor indicator for smaller planets. Hard to tell how far apart they should be spaced without knowing that.

EDIT: looks like it's a capsule. Here's what I mean by "probably a poor indication":
    [​IMG]
    The capsules may overlap at the ground layer, but not at the orbital layer. That's why I think the range over the orbital layer should be displayed when placing them instead of the range over the ground layer.
    Remy561 likes this.
  20. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

It might not be a good argument, but it is a compelling opinion. :p