PTE Steam: 65407

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, May 7, 2014.

1. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Well you get me a new one and I'll send you mine (But that means I'll also need to get me a new mobo, cpu, ram, psu, as well) XD
    Kidding of course.
  2. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Last time (in the main build) I tried to build on a brush the building just sank into the brush, so half was underneath the plateau and half on top ;)
  3. zweistein000

Ok, I just had a lovely FFA with @BradNicholson and I found a couple of bugs:

1. Orbital units don't display icons during orbital transfer.
    2. Moving units through a teleporter creates some serious lag.
    3. Some pathing issues, identical to those @metabolical had when he tested
    4. Astraeus seem to move very slow now.
  4. superouman

superouman Post Master General

I second zweinstein with the presence of unit icons but not metal spot icons.

Pressing Esc 2 times to show the ingame menu bug is fixed
  5. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

My orbital units did show during transfer though. But I do have the awesome looking transparent icons mod.

My bugs:
    Health bar doesn't show my health properly, I died when my bar was at 75% by a grenadier spam.
    Grenadiers are pretty strong against a single commander...
    The bar underneath a building that is being build doesn't show its build progress.
    I disconnected and switched off the transparent icons mod to see if the original icons were improved as well. But when I reconnected everything on the sunny side of the planet was 10x as bright. And the health bars did work again.
    The known sound cracking bugs
    The known object hugging and taking the long route pathfinding issues.

[​IMG]
    Here you see Brad's bot spam, but the middle lane of incoming units take the long walk around the army to it's destination. It does look cool though, first coming together and together going to their destination.

PS: I really think the standard icons should look at that transparent icons mod because everything looks so much clearer with it.

Edit: Health bar issues seem to be caused by Transparent Icons mod. https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...ed-by-brad-nicholson.59323/page-2#post-924480
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  6. aevs

aevs Post Master General

I didn't have a problem with that first one. The last one has always been the case, the astraeus is the slowest orbital unit when moving between planets.

Also, I have the near opposite issue from some people; I have metal spot icons that show up even when the UI is turned off. If I want to take epic screenshots, the green dots won't go away o_O
  7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Grenadiers are a bit strong. I hear they die easily, but they do blanket kill a lot of things, as if they were not t2 par but better than t1 par.

Also, I hear they are better than tanks for sure with micro. I would expect them to lose to micro, not win with micro, lol.

Then again, that is people complaining for you, they complain grenadiers will be terrible without hitting units, but dox already do that, so grenadiers would be fine with a margin of missing moving units.

Not to backseat dev here, but if you guys don't mind, please name the dox the dox, the grenadier the scamper, and the ant the ant, until you decide on better names. Unless you can come up with some new sick joke to play >.>
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    mered4 likes this.
  8. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I agree. Grenadiers need their RoF nerfed and their alpha damage increased. This will help killing turrets, but hurt their ability to chew thru units because of the lower RoF. Overkill, see. And it will keep them useful at T2.
    zweistein000 and aevs like this.
  9. aevs

aevs Post Master General

The complaint about that stemmed from the idea that the dox would be missing, so there would be no direct fire bots. That's not the case now, so people stopped complaining about it.

I don't even know if they're overpowered. As mered pointed out, the T1 tank's stats look like they'd give grenadiers a run for their money, at least when spread out. All I know is that they invalidate the dox pretty hard right now, so something's amiss with one, the other or both.
  10. zweistein000

AND It will give us a T1 unit that can more effectively deal with T2 units if you can keep it alive.
  11. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

Sometimes while watching a replay, 2 music tracks appear to play at the same time.
  12. superouman

superouman Post Master General

64498 Replays still crash. LobbyID 15773007822973461127

65407 Replay worked fine.

The new font glowing is kind of annoying especially when reading the replay list, it's as if my glasses are very dirty and blur my vision.

New bug:
    Flames kept being display after the tree was burned out. I rewinded the replay and the flames were still there.
    I think the software is trying to communicate with me : "J ?!" What does that mean??? Nevermind, it's just pareidolia.
    pa 2014-05-07 23-53-40-50.jpg pa 2014-05-07 23-53-30-08.jpg
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
    tollman likes this.
  13. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Something I missed a build or two ago.

New command line option:
    PA.exe --uioptions : optional data sent to the ui on start
  14. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I can also confirm that the flames are having issues disappearing after the tree is burnt to the ground.
    And I also am finding the glow annoying - i want to rub my eyes and blink like something is stuck there.

Maybe ya'll could tone it down a bit? I think the idea of it is pretty interesting, it's just too bold right now.
  15. iacondios

iacondios Active Member

Found a few instances of units getting stuck against objects or on terrain. Screenshots below.
    Also, I noticed with a group of sniper bots that sending an attack command rather than a regular move command caused them to walk towards the target in a narrow line. Other than that, not many problems moving large groups of tanks around.
    Path Fail 2.jpg Path Fail 3.jpg Path Fail 1.jpg
    That last one is a T1 bot fabber underneath / pressing against the mex. The [AI] Com was stuck there for quite a while, so he didn't just flee there in terror or something.
  16. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

I've also observed that units will form a line when asked to attack move.

I've noticed that pathing near water confuses units - they try to walk over the water. Fabbers won't fabricate stuff that they would be able to fabricate if you microed them.

Still units pathing that get stuck on stuff, rather than "repulsed" by it. The units still have a tendency to ball up on each other and get confused, and also getting stuck on the terrain.

Units tend to get stuck when there is an obstacle blocking the shortest path to the destination - e..g units piling up on cracks/terrain features.

I'm not really a fan of the borderlands art style that has invaded this patch.

Made a thread about Grenadiers vs Doxen, in the balance forum.

T2 and T1 balance - I personally really do not like this idea that you play the game like Civilisation. You start in the Ancient (T1) Age, and you progress, and all of a sudden you progress to the Classical Age.

I'm definitely not a fan of orbital. It does not feel like you're playing with satellites, it feels like you're playing with spaceships.

Also the Uber Launcher takes a long time to launch the game compared to the Steam Launcher. A long time - a few minutes at least to enumerate files or whatever it calls it, every single time I launch the game.
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
    FSN1977 likes this.
  17. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Love the latest PTE build.
  18. aevs

aevs Post Master General

I've been noticing brighter lighting along the seams between the square-ish meshes of planets, which creates some strange light streaks across the surface.
    [​IMG]

Only starting noticing this in the PTE, and so far have only really payed attention to it in the system editor so I can't be 100% certain it occurs during matches.
  19. aevs

aevs Post Master General

One more thing; this isn't a bug, but it's driving me nuts. The metal density function is discontinuous and doesn't give consistent results. Couple that with the fact that we can't see metal distribution in the system editor, and the whole thing become very aggravating to use.

a density of 0 gives no metal. That's great, but it seems it's just a single discontinuous point in the function. A density of 1 gives just slightly less metal than a density of 50 in many cases. A density of -120 still doesn't give a very low metal density sometimes, and the actual density can vary a lot between values (sometimes a lower density value actually spawns more metal spots than a higher value, which is very inconsistent).

Please make metal density a linear (or at least continuous) function starting from 0, and please make it consistent.
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  20. JesterOC

JesterOC New Member

Not sure if this is also on the standard version but on a metal planet the AI started in a small ditch with only enough room to build 2 extractors. It spent the entire game in there apparently just could not get out.