PTE build 85104-pte is now live!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, July 16, 2015.

1. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

That's pretty average if you ask me. It's just a rehash of the current planet smash effect and the annihilazer one. Come on Uber, you can do better than that. Where's our burning planet?

Asteroids are a very underwhelming addition if you ask me. A total waste of development time.
    Can someone please explain to me whether their are any differences between a small radius moon and an asteroid?
    Last edited: July 16, 2015
    rivii and zweistein000 like this.
  2. Planktum

This bug has been around for a long time. Move your view so you have another planet behind the water planet, and you'll see what I mean.
  3. Planktum

I think it is pretty stupid that orbital units stay attached to the planet/asteroid while in transit. The same goes for any units on the planet (other than structures). They should fly off/burn up once the halleys have been activated. This means you have to decide whether to evacuate before starting the planet smash. Don't evacuate, and you immediately lose the units. Evacuate first, but leave yourself open for a counter invasion while you evacuate. I also think 2 nukes should be the only thing able to stop/destroy an asteroid. You should not be able to land on an asteroid while it is in motion.
    Last edited: July 16, 2015
    xankar, rivii, n00n and 2 others like this.
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

keep in mind it's PTE. But if things don't stray away from being a "copy" then unfortunately I'd have to agree with you.
    xankar, Planktum and Remy561 like this.
  5. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

The asteroid biome itself looks great though! ;)

Awesome update!!
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  6. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Yeah of course. But it's really just a new skin with an almost identical bone structure underneath (figuratively speaking)
    rivii, Remy561 and tunsel11 like this.
  7. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

@Sorian is the new personality tag format in addition to the old layout, or will personality tags in the old structure break?
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

the brightness mod works based on biome shadows I think. So yeah needs an update.

I really like the asteroid belt as a graphical gimmick and hey lets look at it like this:
    the new explosion effect is certainly not totally completely new, but it looks pretty decent and a million times better than what we had before.

Also APIs
    Remy561, proeleert, wilhelmvx and 2 others like this.
  9. Quitch

From looking at it it appears to be a test for is my metal storage at least X percentage full, empty, etc. It's to be combined with metalefficiency tests so that the AI can do more when it's wasting, but not before it has something in storage i.e. it won't start a million new projects because of a production blip.

Code:
    {
                "test_type": "NetalStorageFrac",
                "compare0": ">",
                "value0": 0.05
              },
    Complete with Sorian spelling :)
    stuart98 and Alpha2546 like this.
  10. Planktum

@jables This is horrible!!!! My Trypophobia is going crazy!!!! Uber please remove this texture, or I'll seriously have to stop playing this game. And that will make me very sad :(

Alternatively, please tone it down just a little bit... asteroid-in-blue-space.jpg
  11. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

The big thing is map maker controlled timed arrival of the asteroids. This allows the playing field to dynamical change during a game rather than being fixed. This is huge! You reach a stalemate with your opponent, 1 planet each, both waiting for the other to make a mistake... Then! An asteroid enters the system triggering a no holes barred rush to capture it or face certain destruction :) quite a clever way to deal with the stalemate issue if you ask me.
    tracert, DeathByDenim and Nicb1 like this.
  12. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The image shows a long standing bug with brightness on some AMD hardware. I like the asteroids without that bug. In fact I am quite happy it is not just the darker "moon" like ground texture. It is in fact exactly like I imagned it.
    Remy561 likes this.
  13. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Maybe, I don't see that they are varying them yet, but the hook is there.
  14. Quitch

Is that disband?
    stuart98 likes this.
  15. Quitch

Couple of new AI tests missed by wondible
    • EnemyPresenceOnPlanet
    • ThisPlanetNeedsReconAssistance
  16. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

jables likes this.
  17. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Yah, that was my bad. I handle the Steam forums and was away at the statue signing we had. It's been a busy day!
    Anyhow, notes are posted and pinned in Steam. :)
  18. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

Sadly that is how it has looked for me always . Radeon r9 270x.
  19. Planktum

I seriously hope the planet smashing effect is only a placeholder. It even triggers the current annihilazer sound effect.
  20. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Fairly sure it's temporary. Give them time, wait to complain until it's clear we're getting candidates to push to stable.
    Planktum likes this.
  21. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I'm downloading the PTE now and will post a update for the amd fix as soon as possible.

edit: attached here. I'm kinda busy right now so I haven't tested it but it should work.

I'll see if I can't do a better version of the mod tomorrow that works better with glowly units and such.

Attached Files:

Last edited: July 17, 2015
    tunsel11 likes this.