PTE build 83287-pte is up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, June 23, 2015.

1. jables

jables Uber Employee

Currently PTE testing for a hotfix we want to push to live.

PTE build 83287-pte - 6/23/15
    Bugfix/polish:
    - Fix for a Mac crash in the server browser when there was no network connection
    - Better error messages when failing to set up a server on Playfab
    - Logs now also include coherent crash dumps, which will improve our ability to track down issues
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Things wot Quitch would like to see fixed:

AI incorrectly setting AloneOnPlanet to true on game start when occupying slot 1. It's interfering with my AI testing :)

Unblandification of Galactic War factions. Would make it more interesting to play and add some additional strategic depth.
  3. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

This is already fixed locally (as have various other AI things). It didn't make it into this PTE.
    Quitch and mered4 like this.
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

so what exactly do you mean with this?
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Each faction used to have its own set of preferences, so one was the air faction, one loved orbital, etc. At some point (the last patch or the one before) this was removed, so all but one of the factions play exactly the same on every system except the boss system. I'd like to see the faction personalities restored.

I think the intention was to make your allied sub commanders behave the same regardless of which faction you were playing as, and they didn't realise it would impact the AI factions. Possibly.
    Remy561, igncom1 and MrTBSC like this.
  6. sevmek

sevmek Active Member

"- Logs now also include coherent crash dumps, which will improve our ability to track down issues"

Nice, I think it will be usefull. Thank you !