PTE Build 82821-pte is up now!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mkrater, June 3, 2015.

1. wondible

wondible Post Master General

It gets a standard acknowledge sound but nothing happens.

gw_play's toggleUberBar asks it's parent to toggle_uberbar. This string exists nowhere else in the ui code. I believe the parent at this point is the main panel, which has very few references to 'uber' anything. If the toggle_uberbar query did return success, gw_play appears to have similar code to live_game to send a visiblity message to the uberbar panel.
  2. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

toggle_uberbar is handled by main.js. I don't know exactly what --nomods does... but either your files are corrupted or you have a ui mod that needs to be updated.
  3. felipec

felipec Active Member

xankar and killerkiwijuice like this.
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

5. felipec

felipec Active Member

Yeah, and that is it. Check the link and you will know what I mean.
  6. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

But there is also a lore reason as to why it set in the same type of galaxy.

All the lore takes place in one galaxy.
  7. wondible

wondible Post Master General

--nomods turns off loading of mods. I'm looking at the base files at rest, not the runtime ones so mods are not an issue there.

I often need to verify a second time to fix "something". I hit it yet again and nothing changed. I deleted main.js and downloaded it again, still no toggle_uberbar.

There is a live_game_uberbar that sets an observe, but does not seem to return a result.
  8. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

yeah, I don't want wrecks to be shot through.
  9. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

Maybe they should be shot through with 50% power? It really didn't make that much sense to send in a bunch of tanks, the first row die and then form a barrier.
  10. lostmekka

lostmekka Member

Just defeated the synchronous faction leaders in under 3 minutes on absurd difficulty.
    Reclaiming enemy commanders with the bacon load-out is totally op :D
  11. felipec

felipec Active Member

If you can set the size of the galaxy, it is not the same galaxy ;)
  12. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

If you cannot, you can manually edit your saves with a little looking into your Local/PlanetaryAnnihilation folder. It is cached in there, and in human legible code, and you should be able to clear all except maybe the 1 or 2 that you might want.

Theoretically, you would only need to do this once ever, since all new gw saves are handled with the new way.
  13. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Wow bacon commander + commander combat tech = OP.

I chose the BACON commander for the first time and my first empty system gave me commander combat tech. This resulted in a overpowered situation where no units need to be build as shown below...

BACON + Commander combat tech = Speed 3x as fast, fireing speed 2x, health 2x, uber cannon charges 4x as fast and +25% extra overal weapon damage :p

Bugreport:
    -- nomods is on as shown in the beginning!

- OBS doesn't want to capture PA running in full screen with monitor capture, it stays black. I don't know if it is your bug or OBS's bug.

- Commander with these two techs is WAY too fast! Visible at 1:15.

- Commander way too strong @2:00, look at that health difference at the end of the commander battle!!

- Commander miss firing at 2:30, probably due their distance and the other commander walking forward.

- Pathfinding problems with this unit speed. Going right at 1:43 and 3:25 but wrong at 3:15

- Saving does not seem to work well @4:15, killed one commander, saved next to the other to show the effect. Upon loading the server tells me the other commander is dead while he is still standing there @5.13.

- Quit to main menu quits to galactic war map @4:20

- No game data at endscreen @5:25

Sidenotes:
    Love the load / continue buttons in the galactic war map and main menu!
    Last edited: June 4, 2015
    stuart98 and killerkiwijuice like this.
  14. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Here's my first round of feedback...

Bad spawns

New players are not going to survive no metal spawns at even the lowest level difficulty.

Engine needs a tweak to make sure there is metal in every spawn. Would also help with normal games.

Factory action bar does not show build options

Games often start where the action bar does not show build options for factories and requires an F5.

ie factories show targeting options.

Quit does not explicitly surrender

New players are not going to know that they have to explicitly surrender by deleting their commander to reset the war.

If you quit then the only option when resuming is to fight and you cannot move to a different system.

Saved games

These really need to show more info and context:
    • maybe add time (hours:minutes) to default name?
    • for gw show difficulty, load out, turns, etc
    • for normal show mode, number of players, player names, etc
    It would also help if saved games could be renamed.

How are you supposed to save progress steps in an individual war?

Resume from anywhere can be fragile

Resume from anywhere can corrupt the current game. eg game loads and enemy commanders explode.
    Remy561 likes this.
  15. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

That's more than 3x lol
  16. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Yeah like a 3*2*2*1.25= 15 times more badass at combat, and now I'm ignoring the uber cannon. ;)
  17. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

one thing I have noticed is the spawns are really bad. If I'm lucky I'll have one metal in the spawn zone.

Honestly, some of the maps made being able to find a zone without metal is an accomplishment. Did someone get the logic backwards or something?
  18. masterdigital

The two handlers ('live_game_uberbar and toggle_uberbar) both modify the useLiveGameUberBar observable. That observable should modify the layout of main.html so that the game panel moves up to make room for the uberbar.

It certainty sounds like some of your files are corrupted or the css that changes the layout is not working on your machine.

What OS are you using?
  19. masterdigital

There was supposed to be a surrender button. This has been fixed.

I am very interested in any information about what would cause resume anywhere to fail.
  20. masterdigital

It looks like the load game logic doesn't handle the AI sub commander logic. I'll take a look at that.

I have a fix for the main menu quit bug. The game data bug has been around for a while, and mainly only happens for really short games.
    Remy561 likes this.