PTE Build 82821-pte is up now!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mkrater, June 3, 2015.

1. planktum

planktum Post Master General

I hope this goes live before the weekend...
  2. jables

jables Uber Employee

Differentiated state.
  3. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Also, should micro_type and neural_data_mod be in the minion personalities? It means they're using their best micro and smartest threat assessment regardless of the difficulty level.

Actually, gw_balance has the setting neuralDataMod. Is that even valid? I think it's supposed to be neural_data_mod. Same with goForKill.
    stuart98 likes this.
  4. Quitch

Oh, also, this would be a great opportunity to update the personalities to use the bot/vehicle split, rather than land.
  5. jables

jables Uber Employee

This is looking like a solid build. Going to start pushing to live nowish.
    cdrkf, Remy561, wilhelmvx and 2 others like this.
  6. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Very very good stuff since PA official launch. I had never tested PA on Linux. So last week end i did a fresh Ubuntu install on my core i5/ 8gigs / 560 Ti old system. And, honestly, i've been really impressed by
    I have to say i'm very impressed by the quality of PA Linux version. Last week i decided to give it a try on my old Core i5 / 8gigs / 560TI with a fresh ubuntu installation (x64). Except possible existing bugs, no issue at all (just extracted the archive and launched PA) and running perfectly. Well of course compared to my i7/32gigs/770gtx, i had to lower the graphic details, but it was still beautifull, running smooth with tons of units, and locally hosted against AI. Good job !
    cdrkf likes this.
  7. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Does the "player defeated, defeat minions" bit apply to enemy teams as well?

I just had a red boss fight; I got graphics corruption, so I saved and quit. When I loaded and continued, the game was paused and most UI didn't come up. I rewound 15 seconds and played from there, which restarted the game, but the player panel didn't appear. When I defeated the first AI (I think it was the big boss because that planet had orbital up first), the game ended and the player panel reappeared with all three defeated.
  8. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

When a planet accidentally hits the wrong planet it was suppose to smash the halley trail will stay in-game the whole time.

>Info found from @Pieman90
  9. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

just want to clarify this, when a halley hits an unintended target, the red trail behind it will remain present for the entirety of the game.

Example: You halley a moon, send it to annihilate an earth planet, but it hits a metal planet incidentally. The red trail remains since it didn't hit the targeted moon.
    g0hstreaper likes this.
  10. billthebluebot

billthebluebot Active Member

bot commanders are near impossible to win without boom bot rushes, since all the AI have air.

and if you right-click and drag on an enemy structure with units selected it leaves a permanent green circle on that spot, looks like an area command, but it just wont go. very annoying but it doesn't do anything.
  11. wondible

If you do a quick small area patrol when you see the bombers coming, dox can often survive without too many loses. (Fighters sometimes lead, so it might be good to respond to any air) It can be challenging when near the base because they stop and attack instead of dodging. The games I played on bot usually gave me vehicles or air fairly early, but I was able to survive until then or keep groups alive until air support arrived.
  12. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

That, and you can use bot fabbers to build AA towers around the map.

AA towers are very cheap.
  13. wondible

Oh, and my pre-dox-buff strategy was to rush them with the commander for AA support - and that was when I had to have him build towers.
  14. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

..........yea what he said....
  15. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

I am unable to reproduce this bug (I know the circles can appear, I was just unable to get them to appear based on you description). If you have a repro case, I would definitely like more details.
    warrenkc likes this.
  16. billthebluebot

billthebluebot Active Member

Whats a repro case?
  17. Quitch

Steps to reproduce the issue.