PTE Build 82098-pte is now up!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mkrater, May 22, 2015.

1. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

In regards to the AI using naval, it certainly builds more naval but the AI seems unusually timid these last couple patches, it just sits in its base and only sends out small raids and metal expansion groups. The only really aggressive stuff i saw were balls of air units, but those don't last long against narwhals
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

The Chronocam has been removed from the spectator UI, presumably because the bar it was on got taken out. That wasn't an unneeded UI element, can I have it back please? :) This means ping is also gone, as is the menu button and elapsed game time. All of these are useful spectator UI pieces I think.
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
    Remy561 and Bsport like this.
  3. whisperr

whisperr Member

Remy561 likes this.
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

This isn't an officially supported feature so I'm not sure there is anything to 'fix'....?
  5. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Even Sorian confirmed in one of his live streams that this actually IS a supported feature. He was honestly surprised that the option got removed from the UI.

I don't mean AI sharing an army with a player (even though that works as well!), but the more trivial option of PURE AI teams which, according to Sorian, end up being controlled by a single AI instance owning two commanders.
    veep, radongog, igncom1 and 1 other person like this.
  6. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I still need to have a game shared with an AI, supposedly it's something you need to do at least once.
  7. lostmekka

lostmekka Member

The abandon war button in GW does nothing. It is only possible to delete an ongoing war if you get in a game and lose it.
  8. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

Great patching, keep patching! :D
    On top of that we need that feature simply because it would simplify new players to get in, as it is pretty hard to find any reasons why a team of two human players shouldn´t be able to train against an AI-Team on symmetrical maps. Right now they cannot and have to decide between having one AI with ResourceModificator or having two seperate but teamed AIs, which ruins the picking of the spawn points! :mad:

So jup, AI ShareArmy should be included in the vanilla game!
  9. jables

jables Uber Employee

My fault.. I did update this round as she was on vacation :p
  10. jorgenpt

jorgenpt Uber Programmer Uber Alumni

Glad to hear #2 & #3 works, the (unrelated) issue you're seeing in #1 is not a cursor issue, and it should be fixed in the next release.
    Remy561, Alpha2546 and DeathByDenim like this.
  11. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Oooops, totally misread that one. :oops:

Anyway, thanks for all the fixes! Keep 'em coming! :)
    I hope you'll also nail down that particularly nasty UI freeze one. (Though I'm inclined to blame CoherentLabs for that one :))
  12. jorgenpt

I'm not sure if it is the same freeze that you've been seeing, but we recently got a new build from Coherent that should both fix a common crash (which shows up as a freeze of the UI) on Linux as well as the corrupted textures. It'll be in the next (big) release. To clarify, in my last message when I say "next release", I mean the next time we push a full update to PTE, not just a hotfix for current issues in PTE.
    sevmek, Remy561, crizmess and 3 others like this.
  13. jorgenpt

The ~ is a special character for boot.json that means "this file is optional -- ignore it if you can't load it." Other files are mandatory. The path is still /ui/mods/ui_mod_list.js.
    wondible, cola_colin and DeathByDenim like this.
  14. jorgenpt

Do you have a reference for the specific details of how PAMM does server-side UI-modding for the client? I made the changes to how the JS is loaded on the client (i.e. the generation of boot.js), as it makes things easier to debug and maintain for us. If it uses "api.file.mountMemoryFiles", then I will have something to go on.

Your assumption that the "boot bundle" is built once on program startup and locked down is incorrect -- it simply caches the files, and looks at the last modification of the files involved. It is possible that there is a bug in the cache invalidation that causes this to not work like it used to, but it should be regenerated if any of the files change. It is possible our change notification does not take into account new files being mounted on top of old files. I will investigate that possibility now.
    Remy561, wondible and cola_colin like this.
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I think this may be the cause of the issue, as I think basically the server mod loading we do works by shadowing the ui_mod_list.json.

@mikeyh is the person who understand that stuff the best I think.

EDIT:
    oh btw I also was under the assumption that files like common.js are only loaded once and then cached forever. I usually restart PA to reload changes I make in them.
    Was that a bug all along? Or is the new bundle stuff supposed to fix that? If so then I start to understand why you are doing this stuff.
  16. jomiz

jomiz Active Member

Just curious, why it's not induced in this PTE? It's really shame that we have to wait few more month since those freezes are really frustrating especially in long games :|
  17. jables

jables Uber Employee

Next live build after this should be in a week or two at most. We want to get that fix as well as our Galactic War improvements out asap. To do that, we need to get the current PTE live, so we are locking down changes to get a build ready for release.
    ViolentMind, Remy561, doud and 2 others like this.
  18. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

@jorgenpt

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/...in-new-game-lobby-and-live-game-scenes.68341/
  19. jorgenpt

That was intentional (there was a --ui-disable-cache, or something like it, to turn it off), but that new bundle stuff is supposed to fix that. Both make it more debuggable by having proper file references in the HTML, and have it reload without needing to restart the game.
    DeathByDenim and cola_colin like this.
  20. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

Wait? there was such a thing as AI shared armies? and even sharing one with the AI? Really? That seems so cool! But won't that mean you could just make the AI "idle" and then use him along with yours?