PTE Build 82098-pte is now up!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mkrater, May 22, 2015.

1. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Awesome polish build!! :D
  2. Heizmeister

Heizmeister Member

These are a lot of fixes... which is awesome!
  3. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

And Sorian said he was working with a team on a project, and doing the AI on the side, yet crams more AI changes/fixes then everything else....
    Sorian OP
    ace63 and Remy561 like this.
  4. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

lots of new AI changes...
    the end is nigh
  5. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

So many awesome changes, great work Uber
  6. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

I have a fix. Thanks for reporting this.
    Quitch and ArchieBuld like this.
  7. wondible

wondible Post Master General

OS X launcher is crashing as soon as it starts to download. I'll restart my computer later and try again.

Nevermind, I think my computer derped over to the public web-page intercept wifi network. Don't ask me how it logged in successfully or continued reading forum posts, but it seems to be working now.
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
    mkrater likes this.
  8. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

@jables

Have you killed server mods in new_game.js????
  9. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

what about fabbers getting glued to factories =c

the pathing is terrible
    ViolentMind likes this.
  10. wondible

wondible Post Master General

- Looks like twitch chat got lost with streaming

- Ammo changed to say it's not radar observable, probably an optimization
    - Anim tree transition_forward and transition_reverse moved under transitions array
    - UNITTYPE_SelfDestruct
    - ui_mod_list is in boot.json (also base_catalog)
    - common.js split into boot_prefix and boot_suffix
    - boot.js replaced common.js in html files (and boot.css replaces global.css)
    - (Suspect this is no longer a modding hook)
    - article.js added to player guide topics
    - something about special chat commands starting with '+' Appears disabled and calls undefined api method.
    cdrkf likes this.
  11. duncane

duncane Active Member

Eh? We have wreckage now? Did I miss that?
    ace63, Remy561 and stuart98 like this.
  12. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Dead buildings I assume ;) Would be nice to get unit wreckage again :)
    cdrkf likes this.
  13. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

one small request:
    changing visuals for reclaiming
    since it is the same as fabbing
    websterx01 and ace63 like this.
  14. Khalys

Khalys New Member

Big AI PTE patch !
    Anything about fixing eco/army tab during replay because it's very very boring not to have this information for debriefing ?
    ViolentMind likes this.
  15. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Nice.
  16. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

First of all congratulations with the resume anywhere function. Its really awesome to have and I think it works really good. I haven't noticed bugs with the chrono resume yet and i've tried it like 6 times I think. It was one of the big things John mavor wanted and this is definatly how I think he wanted it to be. Good stuff

The radar bug is finally fixed. I didn't saw it in the patch notes put it definately works. I can see all the units with the radar again.

Bugs that I found playing the PTE
    • Global spectator chat isn't working. You click it yet spectator chat is still separated ingame after you spawned on the planet.
    • I tried clicking on the alerts in the chronocam bar but it doesn't do anything. It won't go back to that point
    • You need to figure out what you're going to do with the stats. It seems that if you rewind it that the stats will remember the point where you were and start there again. looks really funky.
    pa 2015-05-23 00-59-00-87.jpg
    • You can keep the simulation going by doing the following when ending a game.
      • finish game -> click on menu button -> select player guide -> close down player guide -> press the resume button = Sim will continue to run.
    • When loading back to the main menu I always get to see this really quick. Not something really terrible though as its shows for less then a second.
    pa 2015-05-23 01-02-40-49.jpg
    • The armory return button icon isn't there. It only shows up when you hover over the square. Not a big problem either
    pa 2015-05-23 01-04-27-26.jpg
    • Maybe its also handy to remind the ecoboost that you gave the AI. I always put it on 1.2 but it would be nice if it remembered it.

I've already reported these bugs before and don't know if I should report them again @mkrater . I'll just keep doing it I guess.

• AMD brightness problem? Any fixes in the future or is it an AMD problem?
    pa 2015-05-23 00-56-18-41.jpg
    • Going back into chronocam won't update the economy digits.
    • Pathing Issues. Video explains it all. It seems that if you give orders far away that fabricator will get stuck more easily.

• Pelican drop Issues. How can we know where to drop and where we can't drop. I thought I could drop over there but it wouldn't. Same goes for when your kinda close to CSG. Its a huge gamble ATM because you're not sure if you can drop or not.

EDIT
    Forgot to mention. The ui is pretty smooth overall! If you wanna improve the ui then i'd say there is still a small delay with switchting between tabs in the settings menu.

Attached Files:

elodea, Remy561 and cola_colin like this.
  17. jomiz

jomiz Active Member

Few bugs what I found in resume everywhere:

-I was able to see some structures what I should not be able to see. ( http://i.imgur.com/z5FeSbr.jpg?1 ).
    -Once I got alert "spam" like I would had scouted enemy base while I didn't and there was no good reason to it.
    -This message is spammed to console after resume every where was pressed.
    "[14:10:08.276] INFO [JS/game] coui://ui/main/game/live_game/js/triggers.js:116: ic"
    sometimes ic was replaced by emd.

I'm not sure if this was related to resume everywhere but I saw this messages few times in terminal.

[14:04:49.560] ERROR [JS/world_popup_panel] coui://ui/main/game/live_game/live_game_world_popup.js:126: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'r' of undefined

This I saw once in middle of game.
    http://pastebin.com/1E1mS5ML

And this occurred right after game started
    http://pastebin.com/55uN7bQt
  18. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

There is something off about post_hdr_average.fs. HDR is partially working on AMD, but it's slow to adapt. And what's even odder than that: The speed at which HDR adapts appears to scale ... with the framerate?!!!

No seriously, the math is wrong. You need to exponentiate the adjustment factor with the delta frame times.

And the next problem is: The order of shaders is wrong. You are executing the SAO shaders AFTER calculating the HDR average.

Calculating the average needs to be the 2nd last step, only just before the cursor is being added.

Fixing the order of shaders solved the AMD brightness bug for me - at least partially. The issue with the dependency on the framerate remains.

The *root cause* however, appears to be in the SAO shaders. They are making the image a lot brighter - that's definitely not what *should* have happened. If you like, I can do the math and find the error in the SAO shader as well.

Attached Files:

• post.zip
      File size:
      921 bytes
      Views:
    ace63, Remy561, wondible and 2 others like this.
  19. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

I have to move my cursor 1 cm above the button to hit it for pretty much every piece of PA's UI.
    I'm on the Windows 10 preview though, didn't have this problem in the previous PA build, or in any other program or game or webpage.

edit- my god this is annoying lol, gonna try and complete a skirmish.
    It happens ingame too, it's almost like the cursor itself has shifted up because the actual point it's pointing at is the lover left corner of the game cursor.

edit2- AI plays much better, grabs alot of metal, but still could do so much better at this.
    I really think he needs to build more fabbers, worry less about losing them, and send them in every direction to build all the metal he can.
    Fleshy humans can't multitask and destroy all metal everywhere, AI should take advantage of that.
    It was 8 minutes before the first fabber left his starting area and went for a clump of metal outside of that small area.

edit3- the end of game graphs get confused when you go back in time, they don't wipe the data from after the moment you choose to go to, looks like dis:
    233250_2015-05-23_00001.png
  20. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Out of curiousity. Is the Nvidia driver correcting this problem automatically?