PTE Build 81029-pte is now up!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mkrater, April 21, 2015.

1. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Can you try turning the local server off and see if you still get the "can't connect to server" errors? If that works, then you somehow manage to crash the local server, which would mean you've found a bug.

As for roaming. That has to do with how the unit reacts to enemy units. When a unit is standing still, and an enemy unit comes into a certain distance of it (called guard radius), your unit will engage the enemy unit. If the enemy unit then flees and leaves the guard radius, then your unit will return to its original position. However, if you set your unit to roam, it will run after the enemy unit until the end of the world. Well, until either one is dead.
    stuart98 likes this.
  2. Cleverwater

Cleverwater New Member

Well I tried setting Local Server to OFF and I loaded into a game with few changes to the default lobby game settings.

Second attempt was to see one of these prototype systems. Start game and it hangs at the Commander "VS" splash screen....had to Command-Tab and Quit the app. I have no luck loading a Skirmish with the prototype planets evidently.

Thanks for the info on Roaming behavior.
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
  3. ReddWolff

ReddWolff Member

I am playing a long game against just one AI. I tend to like long games so the save function is very important to me. The game I am playing so far is 153.11 into it. The trouble is it won't load a save past that time. I have some screen shots.

153.11 saved game and it loaded ok.

PA1.jpg

157.34: A carry on from the above game, but it won't load if I save it. Note that the planet is nearly mine now.

PA2.jpg

158.05: This time the planet is mine, except for some sort of glitch (The blue icon). And again I can save it but it won't load the save. Sometimes it also comes up with the message "server.exe has stopped working".

PA3.jpg

This is a picture of the glitch. I don't think it is the problem with the save/load though as I noticed it on an early game that I was able to load.

Glitch2.jpg

Great game, I've had a lot of fun playing it.
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
    Remy561 and Quitch like this.
  4. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

when the start from anywhere is fully done will i beable to relive my galaxay wars replay? :p AKA start it where i have the metal planet then continue playing from there...