PTE build 79270-pte now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 16, 2015.

1. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

Good idea. Run out of energy and your walls power down, however I would like to be able to see at a glance where my major energy/metal draw is coming from so I can switch things off quickly. Sometimes it can be rather difficult to work out where your energy/metal consumption is going.
  2. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I wrote an article about it... I think "I wrote an article about it" should be my sig :)

You are dead to me.
  3. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

The stuff this build added (except the new wall model, that one will rock the house for sure!) sounds pretty experimental---which is good, as that´s why it´s called PTE!
    Anyways, I´d like to ask two question:
    1st: Does this mean that the OrbitalAndDeepspaceRadar doesn´t instareveal all information about orbital stuff anymore?!
    2nd: What is the actual EFFECT of that slight Jignuke Radius Extension?! (want to get to know some background on that decision!)
  4. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

I like your article, created a pretty deep impression!
    (although I have to comment that I haven´t seen anyone winning via Tons of Doxes is the last time)
    I guess that you are pretty happy now as your suggestion has come true. (well, in parts!)
  5. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

I usually do three fabber builds and I quickly learned it was too hard to do in PTE, or at least not optimal - this is what I ended up doing:

Factory, two fabbers, two pgens, mex, factory. First two fabbers build mex in immediate vicinity, jointly, and a radar.

I tried it with one pgen instead of two at first, doesn't work. In fact last game three. I was just experimenting though, not taking notes or anything.
  6. blightedmythos

blightedmythos Active Member

Any progress on the SLI crash?
  7. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I'm going to have a good look at this in a couple of hours. I think 4 fabbers, 3 on factories, one on energy and commander expanding could be strong. Instead of second factory build 2 aa turrets in your main, then spam factories with the 3. You won't need as many defending units so you can harass all game. Reason being that the commander is less efficient at building constantly now so you will have his defensive capabilities as a plus.

Just theory crafting of course but seems plausable. Would be weak against inferno drops in base or on commanders head and dox rushing the base.
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  8. trialq

trialq Post Master General

@clopse
    Energy is a big limiting factor early on, you might want the commander building energy while the fabbers are being constructed. Or have the 4 fabbers focus on energy for a little while.
  9. Clopse

Oh I must have edited it out, I would start energy before the factory, first fabber then is in energy, second helps him for first 2 then goes building aa etc.
  10. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

I think you might crash your metal if you do that, i think you need 1 mex + 1 pgen as a bare minimum before the 1st factory for anthing other than a 1 fabber build
  11. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Those walls, look like teeth that need braces :p

Also

M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-MONSTER PATCH -patch -patch -patch -patch ..........

Goodness that's going to be a nightmare to get to grips with before doing any more casting.
    @jables are these looking likely changes or are they still 'toe-in-the-water as it were?
    stuart98 likes this.
  12. Clopse

Sounds like a waste of metal, 30 seconds at +7 is a lot of early waste. Theory crafting is all I'm doing right now, so possibly mistaken.
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I definitely did a 2 fabber build yesterday with factory first and it wasn't that bad.
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  14. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

Its not +7 metal though as commander metal down to 20 while build power is still at 30. anyway yeah theory crafting is all well and good and then i'll be proven wrong when i get beaten by someone in 5 mins later on :D
    stuart98 and Clopse like this.
  15. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

I always go early storage. You'll be surprised have much resources you waste at the start of a game.
  16. Clopse

Oh I misunderstood the op. So he is still pretty efficient in regards to energy. Back to the drawing board.
  17. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

So if I'm understanding this correctly celestial radar only reveals blips moving around planets rather than revealing every orbital unit everywhere on the map?

Also since the new work on balance has begun , PA vanilla is looking more and more interesting to the point that I'm beginning to abandon my plans for a balance mod. There are still a lot of issues I'd address like more health per unit, T2 balance, orbital balance, ... But if things continue going down the path they are going now, I can see all these issues addressed in the coming months.

Vanilla is showing more and more promise, I hope I wont be disappointed.

Also RIP metal block walls.

EDIT: I'll be on tonight, testing this.
    stuart98 and Zaphys like this.
  18. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

[​IMG]
    to the left automatic wall placement via imbawall in hotbuild2 ..... damn I dont think I can write code to rotate the walls correctly
    even by hand, as you can see to the right, it isn't easy to place them really tight.
    stuart98, ArchieBuld and Remy561 like this.
  19. knub23

knub23 Active Member

Do I get this wrong? Basically you have 1700 Energy less (Com produces 1000 less and demands 700 more). That is 3 Pgens. Aren't you just fine if you build these into your starting build (maybe by starting with Pgen, Factory, Mex, Pgen, Factory, 3 Pgen, Factory only)? Then you have metal slowing you down, but in the time you built these 3 Pgens you should have the missing 10 metal too... For me this feels like a delay (I still have to test it though).
  20. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

Hardly surprising
    But I'll take waste over stalling hardcore any day.