PTE build 79270-pte now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 16, 2015.

1. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I think you missed the point here. On larger planets, you need to either 1) expand and tech for bigger and better units/weapons or 2) spam lots of T1 and hope it gets there before the enemy can build enough stuff to counter. This isn't particularly true in the current meta - most people just unit spam till the cows come home anyway. But it's certainly possible.

Regarding dox, they were changed to encourage dedicated proxy bases and expansion play. Instead of spam to attack, spam to defend, spam4lyfe, we have the opportunity to establish perimeter production bases to both harass and attack the enemy before the dox get there. Essentially, both sides get the opportunity to *set up* their territory for a little bit longer than the stable build. It isn't much, but it's something.
  2. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

They were really well balanced before. Sad panda. Back to tanks for now.

Instead of buffing Dox back again with something else, nerf Ants DPS plz?
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I am a fan of this, as it makes the commander more powerful.
    burntcustard, mered4 and cdrkf like this.
  4. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Nerf the mainstay of most people's armies? I see no way in which that could lead to huge knock on effects.
    mered4 likes this.
  5. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

These are both good points.

Just want to test the waters here - should the commander (and other early game HVTs, such as factories) be made more difficult to kill by the basic army fillers? Dox, ants, grenadiers, etc.

That way you either use a specialized T1 unit to kill the comm (Booms, inferno drop/bumrush, grenadier ice cream surprise) or jump to T2 where most units wipe the commander with ease.

This could make holding expansions via proxy bases a more valuable prospect, because you might need the eco to get T2 for the commander kill.
  6. goofyz3

goofyz3 Active Member

I was in this game today and when i builded like 12 bot facs and set a waypoint to the map (all same waypoint). Some faqs didn't listen to the command. Also 1 faq just ignored everything and the bots went into a straight line all around the globe passing through any material (lava rocks etc.)

I saved my game so i can reload. I wanted to make screenshots with steam but that didn't worked
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

It has nothing to do with l2p. With speed of 20 dox will take a time X to reach your natural expansion on a given planet. With speed 17 dox you will have more time than X to setup your expansion, specifically I think X * 20/17
  8. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Anti nuke dosent work in this build.
    Also had a server crash, when playing local game. "lost connection to server"
  9. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Looks to me like the nuke landed out of the anti-nuke range.
  10. frobb

frobb New Member

Like this.

Once grenadiers are buffed, it makes your investment in bot factories more valuable because you may build three good attacking units - so reducing some abilities from units from the t1 bot factory (dox, boom) and increasing ability for granadiers seems to be a good decision.
  11. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

I assume The orange circle is The area The Anti nuke cover.
  12. jables

jables Uber Employee

It is, but the nuke lands outside of that orange circle.
  13. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Hmm this is a very small moon The nuke hits And The orange circle i see is much lager and covers allmost half The moon, unless The Anti nuke got nurfed big time, this must be A bug
  14. danami

danami New Member

Interesting, you can see three lines "orange" , "red" and "green".
    Green ist the visibility. Orange is the Anti-Nuk-Range (as Uber say), but what is when red?
  15. jables

jables Uber Employee

Is this a loaded game, or just regular?
  16. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

OK, I was looking at the wrong ring. Orange is sight, green is radar, and red is the weapon range. I believe I already submitted a fix for this last night, but I will try to repro it just in case.
    cdrkf and ArchieBuld like this.
  17. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

@tvinita why does the anti-nuke have a radar ring? is that really needed?
  18. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

I recall antinuke only having orange and red rings...
  19. jables

jables Uber Employee

OP updated:

Build 78783-pte - 2/27/15
    Bugfix/Polish:
    - Fix for economy storage being reset on load
    - Fix for animation issues on paused factories on load
    - Fix for fog of war units losing state on load
    - Fix for Surrender not working
    - Fix for deleting commander not working
    - Fix for sim crash
    - Fix for crash in AntiWeapon code (should fix that anti-nuke not firing issue)
    - AI unit cap is now adjustable via the ai_config file
    cdrkf, stuart98, pieman2906 and 6 others like this.
  20. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Found a bug which i posted in the other thread but i'm moving it over here with screenshots:

The player vision does not change when the game finishes and chrono cam is engaged. This was present when the save/load PTE was released.
    2015-02-27_00002.jpg

It also does not work the other way around. Looks like it only happens immediately after a match ends.