PTE build 79270-pte now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 16, 2015.

1. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

But vehicle and bot fabbers can't assist orbtial, so why can air fabbers?
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Oh, is that right? Well if it is a parameter in the .json not to allow only orbital assistance, then it should be limited on air. Otherwise, IIRC land fabbers besides combat fabber can assist orbital no?
  3. Planktum

The last time I tried, my land fabbers weren't able to assist orbital but my air fabbers could.
  4. Sleeser

Sleeser Active Member

after load all rec was gone like i had 1500k and 20 income when saving and 0 metal when loading with 20 income...
    yay im helping :p
  5. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

6. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

@tvinita
    I just want to say that myself, Darksteel, and a few others attempted to solve the problem of orbital fabbers assisting ground in the exact same way you did. After just two games of OWOM, it became very, VERY apparent how annoying the change was. Yes, it prevented orbital from assisting ground - but it also prevented them from assisting orbital factories to build things like SXX and Adv. Radar Sats, both of which usually require assistance if you want it done in a reasonable time.

The other issue that Planktum brought up is that air fabbers still assist orbital when asked. This is super exploity (and I use it for orbital in desperate times) and should be fixed ASAP. Darksteel hasn't found a way to fix it from our end, and neither have I. Thanks.
    stuart98 likes this.
  7. Planktum

Yes Orbital Fabricators should definitely be able to assist Orbital Factories, and surely this behaviour will not change? Why wouldn't they be able to assist the Orbital Factories?
    FSN1977 and stuart98 like this.
  8. Remy561

Orbital Fabricator
    - Can now only assist items that it can build.

It can build an orbital factory, so it should still be able to assist it and it can also repair teleporters on ground ;)
    Planktum likes this.
  9. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

What is it?
  10. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

No, it doesn't work, because the orbital factory builds units that the orbital fabricator can't build. So you tell it to assist a factory and it just hovers beside it doing nothing.
    Remy561 likes this.
  11. Planktum

Well they need to fix that pronto.
  12. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Save/Load Function ~~
    - When you load into a game, it does not remember unit hotkeys.
    - There needs to be an option to delete saved games, My saved games list is filling up.
    - When you Save, You can hit surrender and see the entire enemy, then load into that same game with that knowledge.
    - When you Save, You can keep playing, and if you make mistakes, you can quite, and load into the same game, and play things differently. While this is not really a problem vs AI (as that should be the intention) It would be much more problematic in the Galactic War and custom player games. Galactic War as it allows you to restart from certain points and continue playing after a loss (as apposed to the ALT+F4 Technique) which does not fit Galactic War's design. And player combat (not sure if you'l put saves here) and we can pretty much see the drawbacks.
    ~~Solution to GW and players? have the Save auto-exit the match. That way we wont be screwing with the time-continuum, it also allows you to save several times during a match, without needing multiple save-files (as multiple save-files would be counter-productive anyways lol)

It works though, no crashes or major bugs (yet)
  13. Remy561

Ah, then it is a problem indeed!
  14. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

IMHO, entirely wrong approach for the orbital fabber.

What we do need, is egg style deployment for portals constructed by orbital fabbers. Cut them off from the ground layer for good, and in return let them do whatever they want inside their own layer.

And as for the old "air fabbers assisting orbital", if I'm not entirely mistaken, then this is due to air and orbital layer being slightly less than 30 units apart - which is the default build range for advanced fabricators.

Remember, before the combat fabber was limited to assisting buildable types, it was able to assist the orbital layer as well, having a build range of 75.

So what is missing in this case, is an extra test in the range check, if exactly one of the involved units is in the orbital layer, and to make the range test fail, regardless of the actual distance in 3D.

PS: Funny side effect of that bug: If your planet has huge elevation differences, even land(!) fabbers get close enough to the orbital layer to assist. I think they are unable to path to a suitable location themselves, but once in place they do assist happily. In return, air fabbers LOOSE the ability to assist in the lower regions of such planets.
    Last edited: February 26, 2015
    Remy561 and igncom1 like this.
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I think the point is to change that design ;)
    Zaphys, Remy561, igncom1 and 2 others like this.
  16. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

Ya....i want it to change to and they said they where working on it (Soon Eventually)!!
    But i was just referencing Ubers design philosophy on it currently =P
  17. goofyz3

goofyz3 Active Member

Nice gonna test the save function in couple hours
  18. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Not sure about that, I'll have to test.
  19. jables

jables Uber Employee

Op updated

Build 78737-pte - 2/26/15
    Balance:
    Assault Bot (Dox)
    - Move Speed decreased to 17 from 20

Boom Bot
    - Damage decreased to 600 from 700

Bugfix/Polish:
    - First pass for Save/Load to work on PlayFab servers (allows remote saves instead of just local)
    - Online (PlayFab) save games are found under Replays (Local saves still found in same spot, this will be better in future pass)
    [​IMG]
    - Save games filter added to Replay browser
    - Units falling behind the group will now pathfind much better
    - Performance improvements for large army battles
    - Optimization pass on weapon tasks
    - Fix for a client crash
    - Fix for a crash in weapon tasks

Known issue:
    - Surrender and Delete are currently not working.
    Last edited: February 26, 2015
    Remy561 and killerkiwijuice like this.
  20. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Surprised at the dox nerf, I feel like they're in a pretty good place right now. Definitely don't think making them less effective raiders is the way to go about nerfing them as well if you think they need it.
    burntcustard, theseeker2 and cmdrflop like this.