PTE build 78071 now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 6, 2015.

1. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Play @cmdrflop on Forge and tell me again no one uses Combat Fabs XD

Seriously... on a map with choke points, Combat Fab + Walls = Win ;)
    cptconundrum and zihuatanejo like this.
  2. frobb

frobb New Member

Suggestion: do not show factories as idle if set to "no energy".
    Suggestion: do not show 10 group buttons, nobody uses 10 groups (or?), maybe 6 - use the new space to move the select all bar down or show the idle information there.

PS: great enhancements!
    Last edited: February 6, 2015
  3. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Why are the AI still doing this with the commanders :(

Attached Files:

4. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Dude! You're alive! Long time no see.

Need to test mines more, but still think in the current form they reduce rather than expand the number of viable strategies. Already quite a few ideas in this thread as to how you could keep them invisible to most units but not force you into a specific strategy, so perhaps some of those should be tested before this goes live.
  5. dionytadema

dionytadema Active Member

Yes i'm alive, just haven't played much Pa lately. Had some important finals but those went well so there's that. Might play some games this Sunday
    lapsedpacifist likes this.
  6. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

To be completely honest I forget. Not used to this patch. But I know they are strong. Especially on the smaller maps. Problem is though you are hurt more for getting into bad confrontations. So that could be really costly, say you blindly fight 10 ants behind a wall with 2 infernos and 10 ants. You will lose with the fabber there and also be down 60m for the whole time. So yeah awareness is really needed for this type of play.
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  7. badfucatus

badfucatus Active Member

Just wanted to chime in on the love that's going down for the UI changes. Nice one Uber, clever stuff.
  8. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

Why yes, it is in fact the greatest mod ever created ;)
    upload_2015-2-6_10-18-17.png

The issue for me is for each of those people who have made use of it, there are probably hundreds that don't know about PA mods at all.
    mgmetal13 likes this.
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

then the bad feeling of having that very visible idle icon will make you remember not to do that again.
    proeleert and lapsedpacifist like this.
  10. cdrkf

Lol you didn't actually *read* that link did you :p

It's not the mod on PAMM...

Basically the guy has identified that the problem with the brightness on AMD cards is *a result of a setting in windows* and is as easy to fix as changing an option. No mods required :)
  11. cola_colin

Well you linked the post that mentioons the pamm mod, not the post that explains the settings.
  12. cdrkf

Oh lol, I was referring to the thread :p Appologies @nixtempestas :) Read the OP of that thread :p
  13. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

ah, was kinda wondering lol

Sadly that didn't help on my card (7850). I can lower overall brightness of course but then nights become too dark.

Hopefully Uber can get some help from AMD to solve this. Whether people can fix it in CCC or use the mod, it's still not nearly visible enough to effect more than us forum goers.
    cdrkf likes this.
  14. oddwarg

oddwarg New Member

I don't agree with this change. Please don't make the editor more restrictive than it already is. Can't you give the user a warning instead, like you do with the water coverage parameter? I like to make and play on systems that aren't all the same. Not all maps need to be suitable for competitive play.
    If you want the ratio between the effective range of the umbrella and the anchor to stay the same on all planets then one solution is to change the targeting volumes to hemispheres with fixed radii. (At the moment they seem to be unbounded cones or something?
    folk[dot]ntnu[dot]no/oddvahu/umbrellavsanchor[dot]png
    I agree that land units floating above craters was excessively stupid, but this isn't really a fix. Is there any work going in to make craters work properly? At least, I see no reason why naval units shouldn't be able to navigate them(esp. if air units can).
    Planktum and takfloyd like this.
  15. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Sounds about right - which to me boils down to 'extra micro'. Which I do not want!
  16. cola_colin

This is not completely fixed. For example scrolling the chatwindows of the uberbar on top of the live_game still scrolls the camera. Probably because the camera scroll is handled directly and not by coherent. I guess it should only scroll as long as live_game or one of its children scenes have the focus.
  17. endurrr

endurrr Active Member

D: minimum planet radius is now 250? But I love 100 radius planets...
    Seriously though this looks like a very promising PTE. I love all these changes, especially because planet smashing is getting worked on.

Did you guys fix the bug where nothing interplanetary (nukes, unit cannon fire, orbital fabbers, etc) can get to a planet that is being smashed? This is a really annoying glitch and it kind of ruins gameplay. Especially when you know the halleys can be destroyed because of inadequate protection.
  18. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

I don't think the latter thing is a bug, because it worked before, and stuff that was launched at a planet before it started moving still arrives. Probably an intentional change, to make it so you have to destroy the Halleys before they're finished building. It's not like you don't have ample time.
  19. lizard771

lizard771 Well-Known Member

Damn, that's too big.
  20. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Probably to fix the issue with anchors overshooting things.

Might be temporary?