PTE build 78071 now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 6, 2015.

1. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

one...thousand...dollars. This is not a trivial amount of money.

and those selling the commanders on the armory ARE benefiting the community by supporting further development
  2. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

"Everybody" benefits! Well, everybody who 8GiB+ of Ram, as you can play any commander in local games!
    But, at least in my eyes, it doesn´t looks like you dislike that situation, do you?
    And as a result of that I don´t believe we´ll ever have the case to get to know how legally, semi-legally or unbound you are!
    stuart98 likes this.
  3. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

It was unfortunate management decision to come up with a pledge idea that generated $93,000 of revenue for Uber? I doubt a pledge for 'make your own model' (?!) would have been so popular. Not often you get a chance to see a creative vision of your own get brought to digital life by a talented professional artist!!
    stuart98 likes this.
  4. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Not to mention the fact that the backers in question who chose to allow their commander be sold in the Armory store, have helped generate extra revenue for Uber! That's the gift that keeps on giving :p
  5. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Legal requirements aside, uber as a company strike me as an honorable bunch, so I'm sure your doing everything within reason to uphold your end of the deal, which is more than many other kickstarter funded campaigns have managed :)
    squishypon3, stuart98 and Remy561 like this.
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

the only bad thing about the commanders is that I was stupid enough not to pledge 1k.

I need a microwave to send myself a message back in time: "Just get that 1000$ package, it will turn out to be a good thing"
  7. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

I'm sorry @cola_colin, but we will not be able to use your reference image for a commander.
    [​IMG]
  8. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

OMG the real vending machine serving Victory Cola. All hail the god!
  9. jables

jables Uber Employee

op updated

PTE build 78071
    - fixed empty friends list

Would be awesome if someone who was having this issue could test it for us. No one in house was seeing it.
    zihuatanejo, stuart98 and ArchieBuld like this.
  10. blightedmythos

blightedmythos Active Member

I am not trying to devalue the backers support. Hopefully no is taking offense. I am just saying there are other ways to encourage backers.
    93k is not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things. You know what would help generate a lot more revenue and expand the community? Positive reviews and word of mouth from the direct result of a more graphically polished game. More units, and map features.

I feel like most of you are completely ignoring the fact that there are other ways to encourage backers. I listed one example, I'm sure you can find others. Hell, they could have done "design a unit". Yes it would have taken much longer to code, program, and add units that are meaningful but it would slowly improve the game for everyone, and the backer would still have bragging rights of "I came up with that".

In the Grinding Gear Games example new unique items enhance the game play, promoting more character builds and diversity. This is contributing to the community and the game by enhancing game play. It's also not purely cosmetic.
  11. cola_colin

I actually agree that looking back maybe the commanders where not the best decision, but only Uber really knows the hard numbers. Maybe commanders are selling like cookies, probably not. Who knows.
    No matter what it happened years ago and Uber will have to follow through. Can't change the past.
  12. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

Its fixed, but now matchmaking is broken on live and pte!

EDIT: also can't start custom servers
    Last edited: February 12, 2015
    stuart98 likes this.
  13. jables

jables Uber Employee

Good to hear. Servers are back up btw.
    mayhemster likes this.
  14. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

I get that reference!
    squishypon3 and cola_colin like this.
  15. blightedmythos

blightedmythos Active Member

This is true, I still think it's important point to make however in the likelihood of future projects. Anyway, I'll rest my case, it's been made.
    Remy561 likes this.
  16. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Looks good on my end.
  17. cola_colin

Look at the Human Resources kickstarter. It had a lot of "fixes" for "bugs" that the Planetary Annihilation Kickstarter had.
    For example if I remember correctly the higher tiers only promised stuff like "have your sign board showing something ingame", which I think would be simpler to implement.
    radongog and stuart98 like this.
  18. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

This build has gone live.
    stuart98 likes this.
  19. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

I will look into it.
    killerkiwijuice likes this.
  20. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

[​IMG]
    Remy561, emraldis and cola_colin like this.