PTE build 78071 now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 6, 2015.

1. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

Oh, my bad.
    I just saw the energy consumption and didn't look at the other numbers.
  2. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

You can right click the sub group selection buttons to remove the matching units. I agree the individual icons should be sorted better. Let me know if that doesn't work.
    ViolentMind likes this.
  3. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I too have noticed this. I think they need to have a stronger priority to the back of a group, and also a slight increase in fabbing range. Right now they tend to end up in the front as they don't have enough range to reach the whole blob.
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i know i said combat fabbers are not supposed to attack themselves but leaving them out of your platoon?
    arent they supposed like to heal your army when not ordered to build stuff?
    in this case both combatfabbers and spinners need a propper setting to not run straight forward in front of your attackgroup ... but having to select them after you select your combatunits i personaly find more fidly than selecting combatunits and combatfabbers then deselecting the combatfabbers from the unitwindow ..

makes sense?
    planktum likes this.
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

that is a largely useless function. Unless half your army is made up of infernos, which die to any kind of kiting, your units know only the state "factory new" and "piece of wreckage nothingness"
    cptconundrum, Quitch and Raevn like this.
  6. MrTBSC

so lets kill that move entirely and not even try a propper unit composition with them ... ok then ...

so much for variety
  7. cola_colin

Well to not kill it units would need more health across the board. Just trying to force players to do something bad by making combat fabbers move together with real combat units won't make anything better. It will just make the game harder to learn for newbie who fall for the obvious thought of "that has to be good", while it isn't.
    Quitch likes this.
  8. MrTBSC

no not across the board only the units that are meant to absorb damage which for the most part are tanks as such the inferno and vanguard and ships like the orca and leviathan ..
    Last edited: February 11, 2015
  9. cola_colin

Then disallow combat fabbers from reparing any other units in fight. It only wastes metal to repair a tank that will be overkilled by 300% a second later.
  10. MrTBSC

or just prioritise infernos and vanguards or other tankroleunits ..
  11. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I still don't understand the "units should be 1-shot to kill" take on balance. Quantity is not at all equivalent to more individual health in it's effect on gameplay. I really don't see the downside, but there are plenty of downsides to individual low health units, and the range of available tactical and strategic options is greatly diminished.
    stuart98 likes this.
  12. MrTBSC

the game is about fast escalation ... fast unitproduction large battles ... someone modded more health into the game before and concluded that way there would be to much units at one time before the frontline units have been destroyed ... in order to counter this you would have to raise buildtimes making the game likely slower and take longer ..
    only tactical options would be limited, your strategic options are the same
  13. cola_colin

actually currently 1vs1 in fact take not enough time. Often less than 15, or even 10 minutes. 20-30 would be much better.
    Might be an issue of map size as well. We'll see once bigger maps hit.
    stuart98 and igncom1 like this.
  14. MrTBSC

larger maps and limited ammount of mexxes fairly spread to have true areas of battle
  15. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Why would you want that?
    ArchieBuld and MrTBSC like this.
  16. cola_colin

because I just gave the order to build a ton of mines. Now I box select my tanks give a move order and ... no more mines.
    stuart98 likes this.
  17. squishypon3

Erm.. Yes, but the point of the combat fabricator is more so as a field medic, and I'd hate to have to select my bot or tank army, and then shift select again, and risk selecting everything else!

What you just said I'd call an edge case.
    planktum, ArchieBuld and MrTBSC like this.
  18. cola_colin

the way the balance is right now the field medic concept doesnt work out at all and is the edge case. nobody uses combat fabbers to repair.
  19. superouman

superouman Post Master General

Because there is nothing to repair except infernos.
  20. squishypon3

Other than the majority of t2 units, and even ants to a point.