PTE build 78071 now up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, February 6, 2015.

1. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Wouldn't a commnader just assist a engineer then?

And combat fabbing the walls might be a little more powerful.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

a fabber can easily be killed
  3. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

So can a commander. If I see shenanigans like this comm wall spam without too much support, I'll make him pay for it by overbuilding booms or infernos and going for a snipe.

Tbh, with the way the commander's eco is at present, he is just too valuable as a builder in the first 7 minutes to really do any thing else.
  4. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Mod stuff:

- transit view model and message variables renamed
    - common.js touched again
    - new function loadSceneMods, only used in connect_to_game so far.
    - social bar requestUserName temporarily no-oped

p.s.
    @masterdigital select/idle buttons worked when rush-landing on my slow laptop :)
  5. frostsatir

frostsatir Active Member

Good bye Combat fabber. Was a nice to see you...
    ace63, christer1966, cdrkf and 2 others like this.
  6. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

Makes economic management important for their use with armies, which I like.

That being said, a buff to counteract this I think is needed, like a range increase.
  7. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

8. vasonsenmic

vasonsenmic New Member

Not sure how new this is, not noticing it in the stable build, system editor is forcing some planets' radius out to numbers higher than 250. So far I've seen 500 and 1000, a trigger seems to be when manually editing the position numbers of the planet and clicking 'close'.

I believe this may have caused a related issue I was having while trying to play games on systems built during this PTE. While in the lobby, the building planets phase took a much longer time than usual, and caused my computer to go unresponsive for about 5 minutes, while causing my friend's computer to not respond until he forced a manual shutdown. We were never able to get into a game using that system, and wound up playing in stable that night, so I don't have a replay to link.

*Edit* Another trigger can be marking a planet as a starting planet, this one seems to bump the size out to 1000. This is affecting the minimum size as well, so I can't bring it back down with either sliders or the number boxes.
  9. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

And I just updated my server mods ;_;
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

they mainly put in a fix I suggested for the autoscrolling of chatwindows :p
  11. KnavishPlum

does that mean that 77792 is coming out!! Aeson can finally be equal to the rest!!
  12. wondible

77792 will never come out. A version with it's changes and more will eventually hit stable.
    Pendaelose likes this.
  13. KnavishPlum

what? But Aeson could be equal, I was part of the reason that change was made..
  14. wondible

What are you doing that needs common.js? I only use it for mods that need to run code - Puppetmaster and Regeneration. I take note because it affects me, but offhand I only know of the Murder Party mod that also does it.
  15. KnavishPlum

I just want Aeson to not turn place so he can be equal to the rest of the commanders.
  16. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Sigh...

77792 has been supplanted by a new and improved PTE that includes all of 77792's changes. This PTE may itself be iterated upon or it may be pushed to stable following testing.
  17. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I got it confused with live_game.js actually.

memories have a tendency to change :cool:
  18. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Sad to see the Combat Fabber nerf, seems premature to me as we really had not yet seen them take up a central place in the meta. I guess this was aimed at correcting treeconomy but seems a bit too severe. Lots of theorizing about how bad they would be, but few concrete examples. They need a range buff for sure now, but with that much energy draw I doubt they'll be used at all (again).
    radongog likes this.
  19. duncane

duncane Active Member

Doesn't this just mean it costs to use them to build walls?
  20. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Uber usually go through several pte versions, adding in more changes and fixing bugs, before pushing to stable. The aeson changes will be in the big update when it goes live. At a guess we usually get stable build updates at the end of the week...