PTE Build 76412-pte now live (updated with new build 12/16/14)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, December 5, 2014.

1. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

BUG: Units waiting in the Unit Cannon can shoot at nearby enemies. Not sure if this is a "feature" though?

EDIT:

BUG: Seems units can receive some strange orders after being fired from UC. I shot a bunch of Slammers and they took out a small enemy group and then decided to walk straight back to the UC.

BUG (?): Shots that do not leave the atmosphere go way higher than required, and for very low range shoots they loop back around. Mostly it's just slow as you'll likely need this in a quick response time, but also it looks a bit weird.
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Maybe it is insulting you for firing a unit cannon to deploy troops at factory range?

You want units 10 meters in front of the unit cannon? Here you go! *tosses units in a single orbit around the planet to land them 10 meters away moments later...*
    squishypon3 and corteks like this.
  3. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

Well it's more in the case of an emergency that you're suddenly being attacked. It wasn't part of my master plan I'll admit :)
    cdrkf likes this.
  4. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

Moar!

BUG: The Energy Orders icon doesn't show the correct icon when selecting a unit if it's set to Automatic.

BUG: Fabricators refuse to reclaim when set to conserve energy even if power storage is full.

BUG: If an aircraft plant is set to conserve energy and is building an air fabricator, which is completed by assisting units, the air fabricator does not lift off despite having a patrol order.

BUG: Naval pathfinding is quite horrible. (Most of these naval units were stuck like this until the end of the match: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/548641657314072242/B452245355F0C6F51BEC16FE84511300EC714041/)

BUG: Unable to build T1/2 mex on spots, despite the AI having built on them previously and wreckage reclaimed (This was a custom map, no other mex on the planet seem to be affected: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/548641657314071246/80A6A717E4E7903681B97448ED2D5BC66C2518E2/)
  5. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

Guys, the unit cannon is just beautiful. I actually just spent 3 hours playing around with it. Uber, i love you.
  6. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

Unit Cannon? Soon. 2 weeks now my friends. 2 weeks till this:

[​IMG]

Becomes this:

[​IMG]
  7. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Bug: When I press surrender to go back to the main menu nothing happens. I'm already dead and spectated some and then want to leave the game. I have to press exit and return to the desktop
  8. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Are there any new balance passes planned in the next week? Gonna be testing the Dox changes and how they stack up to other units today....
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Hey be sure to remember old hammy... He's worked hard for you over the years :)
  10. zweistein000

zweistein000 Post Master General

He will probably get a new home with a friend of mine who is currently computerless and cannot afford one.
    squishypon3 and cdrkf like this.
  11. christer1966

christer1966 Member

I think that the Gunboat's firing range should be increased a small amount. Currently they have to be extremely close to their target and are normally destroyed before then as all other ships out range them. Other than that I think this is the right direction to go with naval. (Maybe a teeny bit faster for everything please).
  12. Yaegz

Yaegz Active Member

Nooooo the dox change is a bad fix. This only makes the dox more awkward to control and makes the game seem clunky and the controls sub par. It decreases the fun from controling the unit because you feel like the dox isnt doing what you are commanding it to do. Don't make it awkward to control, players have figured out how to counter dox, I am worried they will become useless if this change stays. Adjust it's stats if anything but decreasing the skill cap in the game is never a good option imo, and this change does exactly that: Gives the player less control.
    Zaphys, cptconundrum and burntcustard like this.
  13. Yaegz

Yaegz Active Member

Oops posted twice. Boo dox change! Bombers and air in general already feel awkward to control because they have to follow these strict pathing requirements and than they get stuck on everything. You will be giving dox the problem air has!
  14. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

These changes are the right direction, taking the silly bullet-dodging wiggle is good, it annoys me soo much. Unfortunately, I don't think it's enough, at this stage it's just gonna be awkward.
    squishypon3 and cola_colin like this.
  15. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

This game is supposed to be macro-friendly and micro-unfriendly so as to discourage micro play. I for one am glad for this change.
  16. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

My subcommanders have started standing around again, they don't even build a mex. Last change I made was swapping air tech for ground tech.

My comm will stand there too sometimes, if I tell it to build a factory too fast, I have to cancel it and re-order or it never happens.
    Murcanic likes this.
  17. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Enough for what?

I've tried it out now, and you can still wiggle, it's just a bit harder, and the number of tanks required to invalidate the wiggling is lower. Sure as hell feels worse though. Less fun-feeling means I don't like the change. The amount of micro required overall in the game isn't lowered much by the change - you still have to babysit your Dox really carefully to make sure they don't run into Infernos, make sure they dodge bombers bombs (you can still do this), make sure you win Dox vs Dox 1v1 and 2v2s (... you can still do this too) and make sure they don't get into any other confrontations that would have a negative outcome. I would like alternative "fixes" for everyone crying about the micro, instead of this.
    cptconundrum and Yaegz like this.
  18. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I agree on the fix it better point.

Its an OK fix to micro - but compared to other, simpler solutions, this one is terribad. Increase projectile speed for all units! That ought to solve it nicely.
    Yaegz likes this.
  19. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I'd like to it run when there is enough storage to cover the demand for auto-economy-update-period. Waiting until it's full further disincentives storage, and even using a percentage will cause the behavior to change depending on how much storage has been built. You might still need a full check (80%, etc) to cover the case where demand is greater than max storage.

If it used stored metal intelligently, this could be used for reclaim oriented games to mitigate the reclaim power bug.

And as long as you're in the eco code...

PA#4185
    PA#3694
    PA#4267
    cola_colin likes this.
  20. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

what exactly do you mean by auto-economy-update-period? You mean it should turn off of during the next tick if it will not go into the negative and then decide again? That would be the best solution I could think of indeed.