PTE build 75330-pte (please post feedback and bugs here)

Discussion in 'Support!' started by jables, November 20, 2014.

1. jtibble

jtibble Active Member

@jables , please take this post into consideration. I think it would improve the casts from @wpmarshall and @ZaphodX if the spectators weren't flooded with unnecessary notifications.
    ace63 and wpmarshall like this.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The list of improvements to the notification system is all good and well, I agree 100%, but it reads like from the perspective of a player, not a spectator to me.
    There is no "found player X" for the first time for spectators ;)
  3. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

Editing the CSG on a 750 Radius Metal Planet causes this to happen:

Screenshot (425).png

Also the Spawn Circles don't always disappear when they're supposed to. Even when generating from a new seed they persist.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

It would be awesome if a graph for army numbers, showed numbers, total metal, total health, and total dps. Would see dox army compared to tank compared to both or air even.
  5. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

Neat work on the gas giants! Not only the fixing, but the animation itself. I think that was broken for like forever?
  6. temeter

temeter Well-Known Member

And i found a System Editor BUG:

Increasing the mass of an orbiting planet to a higher level than the central planet and then trying to move the central one causes a crash. Confirmed it with nothing else than 2 tropical planets, also without preview.

Considering the pa.exe's size and the general slowdown of my pc, it's probably some kind of hefty memory leak.

Btw:
    1. Another issue, i think i've read something about it earlier:
    When zooming in from an orbital level (still centered around planet), my camera jumped a few times to another position. Can't really recreate it, happened while using pole lock.

2. Is it intentionally that you can't move the camera with cursors when selecting units via boxing? Considering how perspective in RTS and on planets work, adjusting the screen would be very helpful.
    Last edited: November 24, 2014
  7. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

I've encountered this one for a good few months now. Almost like it hopes 90 degrees to east or west. It's incredibly annoying.
    temeter likes this.
  8. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

This happens to me all the time and has happened since very early alpha days. At some point while zooming (I believe zooming IN) the camera will jerk to the other side of the planet.
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

That is kinda awesome.... Hollow metal planet shell biome anyone? :D
  10. mikaeldeity

mikaeldeity New Member

I have some issues with AI. Sometimes they freeze after a couple of buildings made.
  11. deadhawk112

deadhawk112 New Member

i have a issue when i go to the system designer all i get is this

[​IMG]

even when trying to edit an existing system.
    this only happens to me in system editor. nothing wrong with showing planets in game.
  12. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

You seem to be using Windows, so could you post your DxDiag.txt? It contains hardware and driver info, so that could be helpful. You can make one by pressing <Win>+R, typing "dxdiag" and then press the "Save All Information" button. Upload the resulting file here.
  13. deadhawk112

deadhawk112 New Member

ok here is my dxdiag

Attached Files:

DeathByDenim likes this.
  14. jables

jables Uber Employee

Having no luck reproing this, could you give any more details?

I pasted 10 csg's and while holding down Q on the 11th hit delete and it only deleted the 11th. If this is what you are doing, it looks like it may have been fixed internally. We are hoping to get a build out today, so can test on that.
    Remy561 likes this.
  15. jables

jables Uber Employee

Will let someone better at dxdiag's than me reply, but normal fix for these type of issues is making sure drivers are up to date. Not saying this will fix it, but tossing it out as something to try while waiting for a more educated response :p
  16. jables

jables Uber Employee

Known issue on this one. Will be fixed before we go live on the Leaderboards.
  17. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Just search for "Date". :p
    But yeah, deadhawk112's drivers are up to date:
    The rest seems fine to me as well.
  18. jables

jables Uber Employee

Talked to @mkrater and she suggested it could be a mod as well (as this happened to another person with exact same results). If you have mods installed, please turn them all off and try again.
  19. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Could be this. I think the Unlocked System Editor mod was broken even in stable. It caused the black screen like this for me.
  20. deadhawk112

deadhawk112 New Member

turns out it was exactly that! thank you i didn't know that simple mod could have that effect
    cptconundrum and jables like this.