Pros Vs Pubbers

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Clans, Team, and Tournament' started by arseface, March 28, 2011.

1. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Anyone CAN join, I just don't expect very many newer players to sign up. Sign up if a challenging game seems fun to you.

Do not by any means consider not signing up because think you aren't good enough. Pubbers take all kinds, we sort of have to, it's PUBLIC. That, and if there were a bar exam I would most likely fail.

It's not going to be random people joining though, the game will be locked. But anyone who asks can join.
  2. Oscar

Oscar New Member

Well,even though I've got the clan,I call myself pubber :),so it would be nice,if you let one little aggro tank to play FTpubbers! :D
  3. verden

verden New Member

It sounds swell and all, but wouldn't it really just be much easier to mix? Perhaps take use of the #mncmix and #Mondaynightcombat channels?

I know Moose put a mixbot in, that should be working, so all it needs is active players?

Other than that, I searched around and noticed ESL apparently went "active" with mnc.

http://www.esl.eu/eu/#/eu/mnc/

They've got a gathering system up and running. I tried it out with a mate, and it seems that they've got auto-connect to voice servers working. Although it doesn't seem like you can add the server ip, which more or less ruins it all, as you can type in pass in lobby and even choose side. Ups and downs, the system seems reliable, but I've tried to get answers in their forums, with no luck sadly.
  4. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

ladders are 5v5 and 3v3, how fail. Should be 6v6
  5. verden

verden New Member

Yes, didn't care to mention it as I based my look on their gathering system where you can do 6v6.
  6. Awpteamoose

Awpteamoose Active Member

This is just awesome!
    We should promote gathers (or however you call them), I don't know how do they work but I like the idea!
  7. verden

verden New Member

Well it would be nice if I got a reply as to how it exactly works on their forums, but I'm not sure if they actually know/care, seeing as someone posted after me, and quickly got a response. So I'm quite clueless. :(
  8. MumO19

MumO19 New Member

I'm up to try and not get stomped :)

Also, if there's white russians served, i would be ver ygrateful.
  9. arseface

I put a roster in the original post. I'm guessing the pro roster won't be completely ready until a time is set up, so I left it blank for now. I'm assuming Wilder and Moose are going to play though.

As for the pubbers, it appears as though we are halfway to a full team.
  10. FunkyGoose

FunkyGoose New Member

Howdy guys! Is this still open??
    Id like to sign up for the pubbers team! (I main assassin and support)
    A couple of questions, what kind of team thing are we going for??? Highlander? 3v3? :?:
    Also... who are our opponents?
  11. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Sure, put my name down
  12. arseface

Sweet, only one more person to go.

I was expecting just a normal settings match. No class limits and all that. And we are versing RWM.
  13. Scuttlebutt

Scuttlebutt New Member

I'd be up for it, schedule permitting. Most days I can't play until late at night.
  14. arseface

AAAAND we have a full roster. All we need is a day, time, and server.

I'm thinking some time this upcoming Saturday, or if anyone has any objections with that, the Saturday after that.

Post preferred time ranges if you're partial to something(GMT to keep it consistent). I'm free all day Friday through Sunday so I don't really care when it is.

As far as the server goes. Does RWM have a dedicated or are we going to have to do something else?

Who on RWM is going to play? Their positions would be nice to know as well if possible.

And last on the planning schedule. What do the pubbers want to play as position-wise? I'm partial to support or assassin. It appears as though we have a tank(Oscar). We could always just wing it.
  15. Awpteamoose

Saturday or Sunday around 20:00 GMT, maybe earlier but definitely not later, pls.
    Yes, we do have a server. Hit the *RAW MESSIAH* #01 to test your connection. Located somewhere in Germany from what I know.
    Can't say for sure who'll play for RWM, but definitely Myst and me. Most likely the list will be like this:
    Myst
    Awpteamoose
    Heegu
    Magic
    Sushi
    TheWilder (if he manages to fix his pc) / RotanimPoet (if wilder fails)
    We won't tell you the class setup though :p
  16. FunkyGoose

FunkyGoose New Member

Awesome! Gmt 8 pm is cool with me
    As for the class things, Can I take assassin or support? You can have the other :D

PS can we have a practice round or anything on a public server? So we can see how we work together as a team!
  17. arseface

Alright, I'll take support.

I don't see why we couldn't get some practice in. Add me on steam and let's join some pubs sometime before gameday.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/20705772

Alright, I'll just leave classes out of the roster.
  18. Coverop

Coverop New Member

Can I still join? IF I can I'd like to try to be a good Assault guy.
  19. Awpteamoose

Okay, Sunday 8 pm GMT then.
    I'll contact Arseface with the connection info when the time comes.
    Don't be late! <3
  20. xS m o k 3 z

xS m o k 3 z New Member

Sign me up. I play tank