Promethean Clan-General Discussions/Announcments

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by lancemich, September 27, 2013.

1. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

It looked so sad. Are you okay?
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Lol... RLM were guaranteed to go for me- I joined their warm up game with a team of Randoms and *almost beat them* haha (I managed to air snipe 3 of their 4 coms) :p

I wasn't surprised they went for me tbh.
  3. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Sorryyyy I'm now back in manchester and except for work/exams my life is much calmer so I'll be able to drop into Teamspeak a couple of times a week I expect.
    cdrkf likes this.
  4. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

I'm probably still not back, because I'm still working for my new PC, I'm almost there :) If I will get it I will play more PA and probably actually use TeamSpeak when playing (my own PC, room, etc. so I can do it). Fun!
    lapsedpacifist and cdrkf like this.
  5. cdrkf

Hey, just thought I'd mention I got 2nd overall in binary stars with @warmax.

unfortunately we weren't quite up to taking on clopse and elodea, still gave them a decent fight in the final.
    cmdrflop and jonasmod like this.
  6. lapsedpacifist

Nice one! At the danger of sounding crass, how much did you win?

Good to know promethean's still representing out there, I'm gonna have a lot of catching up to do this summer... First exam tomorrow :confused:
    cdrkf likes this.
  7. cdrkf

Didn't win anything. Prize was $200 for first place, 0 for second :( I wonder if it was pag who stumped up the prize fund though :p
  8. pilotrose

pilotrose Member

No one plays from Promethean anymore it seems except for like 3-5 people. Pretty sad.
    cdrkf likes this.
  9. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

You could maybe recruit new members, like some active player ranked plat 5 or 6...
    cdrkf likes this.
  10. cdrkf

Sorry I didn't team up with you for Binay btw- I hadn't seen anyone on for a ages and Max needed a team mate. I still play a bit anyways, also @lapsedpacifist and @cmdrflop are still around.

Sounds like you have someone in mind? We're always up for new members :) We have a TS channel, it needs using!
  11. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

:) I'm on a trip, but I'll check your wonderful clan :D on Monday. I'm living in Spain and I need to know if I'd coincide in time with any of you.
    cdrkf likes this.
  12. lapsedpacifist

A lot of the main clan members played a lot, and with only bug fixes, balance and save/load being released recently we all burnt out. The game's still far from perfect, and although what Uber's working on is important it doesn't really cater to competitive multiplayer types.

I expect if there's another big content release (*cough* asteroids *cough*) we'd get people coming back though. Also once exams are over I'll start playing a bit as well, probably not every night but I'd definitely be up for arranging games.
    stuart98 likes this.
  13. cdrkf

The arranged uber and plat only large games have been the highlight lately.... Very fun :) I'd recommend getting in on those when you get chance...
  14. pilotrose

pilotrose Member

Yeah I guess so. But I liked the people we had already and want them to come back!
    cdrkf likes this.
  15. pilotrose

pilotrose Member

It's honestly not so wonderful because not many of us play anymore. But the people we do have are pretty cool and play very well. A lot of us play on European time, so you'll be fine.

I lived in Valencia for a few months last Winter. Good times.
  16. lapsedpacifist

Sounds like fun, I'll check them out after exams... Although I'm not sure I'll even be plat level anymore, a few practice games might be in order!
    cdrkf likes this.
  17. cdrkf

Well I'm top of plat... Was frustrated that I'm not in uber until I realised top plat is something like 15th overall (so few players atm).... Actually I'm a similar rank on paladder.com so it's about spot on. The issue currently is low number of ladder player means low number of slots at the high levels as its determined by proportions of total player base.
    lapsedpacifist likes this.
  18. lapsedpacifist

Hmmm well I'm probably still technically in plat then even if I'm inactive, think I was somewhere in the top 20-30 when I stopped playing.

Still hoping for ladder improvements sometume.
    cdrkf likes this.
  19. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

I'm guessing so many have stopped playing that you still have your relative skill level :p
  20. cdrkf

I still can't believe you and killander as long time #1 and #2 2 v 2 players didn't enter binary stars given the 200 dollar prize... It was yours for the taking imo... Heck I got to the final :p