Promethean Clan-General Discussions/Announcments

Discussion in 'Looking For A Clan' started by lancemich, September 27, 2013.

1. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Is there a prize if we win clan wars?

I'll also probably play in one of the teams, it'll be a couple of days after my exams end so I'll think I'll play the tournament clopsey style and have one or two or a few drinks :)
    We should think about sorting teams soon so we can start practicing!
  2. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

Aight guys, im back
    cmdrflop, stuart98 and jonasmod like this.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Where have you been? You've missed unit canons and everything!

Ps welcome back
    stuart98 likes this.
  4. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

He got addicted to cs:go :p
  5. sookrispy

sookrispy Active Member

Basically, i'm still addicted to CSGO, but i'm missing me some PA
  6. cognog

cognog New Member

Hi was asked to post on the forums to introduce myself as a new clan member under the tag of (P)Gruffy on Planetary Annihilation. Hit me up on the teamspeak if you want to play some matches, 99% of the time I am online over TS or on PA.
  7. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

We have two clan members in top 10 ladder (now) \o/ Woooo, I did it.
    Last edited: January 14, 2015
  8. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

ohw wow great job!
  9. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

Congrats! :D I'm almost top 10 too, 13 now. Only problem is that it my accidental smurf account and not my main account- I guess i can use this one just just shamelessly advertise the Promethean clan :p (if i get top 10)
  10. lapsedpacifist

Guys I made it back into platinum today *whooo cheers applause*

Yeaaaah...

Goddamnit why are you all so much better than me?
    jonasmod likes this.
  11. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

Next time everyone decides to do a FFA or play Hot Platforms, we practice 1v1 instead, ok? @lapsedpacifist

**** FFAs.
    evilhands and lapsedpacifist like this.
  12. cdrkf

You and me both :( I was ranked 13th for a while. Now I'm 35th (admittedly after several games against clopse and zykey last night). Too close to bottom of uber for my liking....
    lapsedpacifist likes this.
  13. lapsedpacifist

Haha fair enough, that game was a complete mess :p

And at least you're IN uber CD. I'm still climbing though, give me a month and I might make it.
    cdrkf and jonasmod like this.
  14. cdrkf

Due to how rating works you might be better training off the ladder, then rejoining (as your uncertainty factor increases, giving you more chance to play someone higher up and increase points much faster)....
  15. cdrkf

Congrats man! I never quite managed top 10 status :( got to 13th lol, so close :p

You'll have to give me some training games (off the ladder) as I seriously need to de-rust a bit :p
    xanoxis likes this.
  16. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

OMFG i just realised i posted post #1111 in this thread.
    drboggles and cdrkf like this.
  17. drboggles

drboggles Active Member

Hopefully getting my Uber rank back today. I'm ranked at like 34th Plat.

I keep getting paired with Golds and low plats, so my rankings are going up very very slowly.

Also; I've got a couple maps I'd really like to test out with you guys when you all get a chance. I'm trying to design maps that influx and promote different styles of game play to help new players develop better skills, as well as providing interesting and fun maps that feel competitive.

I also wanted to say, we're getting a larger influx of newer players. Maybe we should think about setting up a training day? I've been handling a couple of the new guys and teaching them how to play, but since I'm in the US, I can't always help the new European players.
    Last edited: January 15, 2015
    cdrkf likes this.
  18. lapsedpacifist

Good, good and good to all of your post.

I'm currently 59 plat so I'm catching up. Got matched against clopse's smurf which dropped me 19 ranks, but to his credit when we got matched again he self-destructed just before winning, so I got all those ranks back.

Testing maps is always fun, I'm game whenever.

Maybe we should designate next promethean wednesday 'training day', seems to make sense to combine it. It's not like we get everyone showing up anyway, so making a second event and expecting to get the word out within a week seems unrealistic. Jonas was already suggesting we focus more on 1v1s on Wednesdays anyway so that could fit quite well (although of course people can play team games/FFAs whatever if they want).
    Clopse, cdrkf and drboggles like this.
  19. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

The initial idea behind Promethean Wednesdays was just making sure we had some time and place to meet up. This is exactly the kind of thing I wanted to happen when I started it. It wasn't only intended for "all people on ts do team games", it was "lot's on people on ts, what do you wanna do?". I've always liked smaller teams/1v1s better than bigger teams/FFAs. Bring in all people to the Wednesdays, the important thing is that they say what's on their mind, so everybody has as much fun as possible.
    cdrkf likes this.
  20. jonasmod

jonasmod Active Member

Also, @drboggles, I'd love to help you out with teaching new players, I love the initiative. However I'm gonna be very busy the coming two months, so I cannot promise you anything :( But please keep me updated if you schedule something!
    cdrkf likes this.